4.0 out of 5 stars A good, solid TV at a fair price
I figured since I rely so heavily on user reviews when making my purchasing decisions on Amazon that I owed it to the community to post my experience with this product.
Published 19 months ago by justinh2626

2.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE FOR GAMING
Considering the lack of reviews for this product, I figured I owed it to the community to write one.

Published 19 months ago by Lacy

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, solid TV at a fair price, December 11, 2012
I ordered this TV on Thanksgiving night and had been doing quite a bit of research trying to find the best combination of quality and price. While there were other television options out there that were more flashy they also came with a much heftier price tag.
First off, the TV came with free shipping and had an estimated arrival date of 7-10 business days. Imagine my surprise then, that it arrived on the afternoon of the second business day.
Coming out of the box, the unit looked amazing. Sleek design; light-weight and easy to maneuver, this TV looked great. I had a few issues getting the base securely attached to the TV, but after switching to a longer screwdriver, found the process to be quite easy.
The set-up was easy and very straight forward. I hooked my Ps3 and laptop up to the HDMI ports and was watching Netflix and playing video games within 45 minutes of getting the package.
I find the picture quality to be top notch. The 120 hz frame rate makes for a clear, seamless image. I watched Prometheus and The Dark Knight on it within the first couple of nights and was in awe of the quality of the picture. The blacks looked amazing which is something that always bothered me about previous LCD sets I have had. Sometimes, when watching HBOGo, the frame rate can be a bit dizzying but I would blame that more on the fact that I am streaming it to the TV then the quality of the TV itself. With Netflix or Blu-Rays I have had ZERO negative experiences.
For $500.00 and free/fast shipping, I am incredibly happy with my purchase. I would have given the product 5 stars had it not been for the fact that there are only 2 HDMI ports on the set. It can be slightly annoying switching the cable to a third device but the typical person is only using 1 or 2 ports anyways so it is something that has no real bearing on my ability to enjoy this product. I would recommend this TV for living room, bedroom or "man-cave" use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great LED TV: especially for the price here on Amazon...BUT.. There's Always a But, April 7, 2013
This review is from: RCA LED55C55R120Q 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (Black) (Electronics)
Pros: Good picture. others have said it will not work for games.
I find this not so. All of my PS3 game work just fine.
(Far Cry3-Walking Dead-RE6-and many more.
I also have a Xbox 360 all of my games work just fine on it as well.
I purchased this TV when it was on sale for only $599.
Which is a Great price for a 55" LED TV.
If you can wait, the price will drop to that or even a little lower
at some time again.
Some of the other people here on Amazon reviews
have stated they have purchased this particular TV
for even a little less than I did." just a couple of bucks".

Cons:
Here a the Buts I mentioned,
The description of this product on Amazon are not all Factual.

1: It states this TV has an VGA connection. ( For hooking up a computer)
In fact there is none. If you wish to use it for a computer it will NOT work.
also says it has a Swivel stand... Not true. But not a big deal.
Okay. Says it's an LED TV. When in fact, It is LED back-light with an LCD screen.
Not a big deal also. By law a LED Back-light TV is considered a LED TV.
A LED back-light TV gives a much crisper and clearer picture than a LCD.
This TV's picture is very good.
Speaker Sound: as others have mentioned, The sound is not the greatest.
Although I find it quite adequate. As with all of my other TV's, I have purchased
Sound bars or Av's. But that's just me. I like the whole movie theater experience.
5: and finally,
I'm sure you have seen there are only two HDMI connection.
Not a problem for me. However if it is a concern for you.
You can purchase a USB Hub for around $10 to $20.
They can range from turning one USB into anywhere from 3 To 5 extra connections.
or you can pick up a AV with HDMI in and out connections.
That's what I use. My TV only needs one HDMI my AV handles all the rest.

2.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE FOR GAMING, November 25, 2012

I purchased this TV as an upgrade from an old 26" HDTV 720p Insignia that I got from Best Buy 4-5 years ago. Although I knew this was a budget oriented tv, I didn't really think it was possible to take a step backward from what I was used to. I was wrong...

For the several hours that I was watching cable in standard definition, it seemed to be a fine tv. I also watched a movie via my xbox 360 and too found the picture to be satisfactory. The problem with the tv is the ATROCIOUS "input lag" or "display lag" that you get when playing video games. It literally made playing fast twitch games like Call of Duty NEAR TO IMPOSSIBLE. There is no game mode to improve the delay either. I contacted tech support, and disabling the already-limited amount of post-processing features didn't resolve the issue. The TV is going back immediately.

I WANT TO AGAIN STRESS THIS TV IS COMPLETELY INADEQUATE FOR ANY TYPE OF GAMING.

If the TV will never be used for gaming purposes, it's possible you may be happy with it. I give it two stars...

5.0 out of 5 stars RCA LED 55, February 21, 2013
This TV is a great buy for the money... It has a very good picture that seems to be clean and crisp.. But the sound is lacking a little depth.. other than that its a great TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Meets every need, August 18, 2013
This tv was absolutely great and looks wonderful for gaming also, very clear an perfect rim length. The tv was very sturdy and also easy to assemble couldn't be happier ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good flat screen, March 14, 2013
Great price for the quality. Could not get the direct tv remote to match codes, so I use two remotes. No problem. Had to change out HDMI cables to get the true 1080 picture from the blu ray and the direct tv box. but I had bought some bargain brand HDMI cables. Now enjoying everyday....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, no frills HDTV at a great price, January 25, 2013
I've had this 46" RCA LED 1080p 120Hz HDTV for about 3 months, and so far it's been fantastic. Great color clarity, easy to set up, polished look, decent sound--all around a great value.

Unlike many of its competitors, this RCA TV doesn't have a lot of frills. If you're looking to stream movies or TV shows from Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, or something else--you'll need another device to do so. This isn't a problem for most of us: who buys a 46" HDTV LED TV without also having Blu-Ray player, gaming system, Roku, or something else? No one that I know. I bought the TV with the full intention of using my Blu-Ray player for streaming purposes, so it wasn't an issue for me.

In terms of the sound...I've found this TV's sound to be surprisingly good, especially compared to other similarly-sized TVs on the market. I have the TV wall mounted, with two tall bookcases on either side of it; I suspect this set up, coupled with the smallish size of my living room, helps amplify the sound. I could see how the sound might get lost in a larger room. And of course, if you're looking for a huge bass sound, no TV will provide that--you need a decent subwoofer for that. At some point I may get a sound bar, but all things considered I find the sound surprisingly crisp. Most TV manufacturers, in my experience, don't invest in TV speakers on the assumption that the vast majority of consumers will circumvent the built-in speakers anyway with a sound system. So understanding this tendency, this TV's built-in speakers are at the better end of built-in speakers.

All said, highly recommended. A great value, with excellent graphics. If your looking to upgrade the TV in your home theater system, this is a great option.

4.0 out of 5 stars The picture is okay but..., December 17, 2013
The sound on this thing is awful. Now, most people will be attaching this to some sort of home theater system but if you do not prepare for your ears to bleed. I have tried adjusting everything I can on this thing (it even has equalizer settings) but cannot get the "tin cup" sound out of this thing.

Using the following settings from Consumer Reports and I find the picture to be pretty good. PS4 runs fine on it with no noticeable lag.
Accessing the picture controls is simple; press the menu button on your remote and navigate to the picture settings menu where you'll see most of the controls. To find some other controls you may additionally have to enter the "advanced settings" or the "picture options" sub menus (name may vary depending on model). Don't worry about making any "mistakes," you can always reset the picture settings to factory default if necessary. Consult your user manual for additional guidance.
PICTURE SETTINGS.
Backlight: NA
Aspect Ratio: Full 100%
Miscellaneous: Film Mode = On, All else off or 0

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Huge Tv For The Price, December 5, 2012
I really like this tv, and it is very hard to beat the price for a led tv of this size

I have my directv hd and an xbox 360 connected to it, picture for directv looks amazing and i have played a little battlefield on it with no problem whatsoever

thats my experience with it and so far o good

Only con is that it does have very few inputs, but everyone is supposed to know this before buying, as i did my research and knew what i was getting

5.0 out of 5 stars I recomment it, July 31, 2013
I'm very please with the purchase, it look great and sound perfect for the price , even that I have connected to an antenna I enjoy it

RCA LED55C55R120Q 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (Black)
$849.99 $629.03
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies