1.0 out of 5 stars Not a reliable product, look elsewhere, January 12, 2009
Tyler Osborne (Plano, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RCA M4004 4 GB MP3/Video Player (Electronics)
I bought this product and made the mistake of not using until after a birthday. The unit could not power on unless I first connected to the PC where I installed the software. I tried upgrading the firmware like the RCA website suggests but the problem remained. I created a case in RCA and told them that I want to return the item. They shot back with 7 questions and did not provide help. I tried the firmware upgrade again and still no luck.

Buy a different product. Creative labs and Apple and Microsoft and Sony has better products. You do not have the time to mess with this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, July 31, 2010
This review is from: RCA M4004 4 GB MP3/Video Player (Electronics)
I ordered this MP3 player because I have the exact same model that I ordered last year in October 2009. I liked the model but the battery life sucked. I only use my MP3 player when I go to the gym, and after having this model for 9 months it got to the point where it would die after a 1 hour workout. I would have to charge it every day until it finally died and I ordered this replacement. I received the replacement and put it on the charger for 2 days straight and the thing would not charge. I returned it and asked for a replacement and received my replacement. I put this replacement on the charger for a whole day and it showed that it was charged but it died after 2 minutes of being on. So I put it on the charger again and left it on charge for 2 days and the thing would not charge. I liked this MP3 player when it functions, but due to these battery issues I think it's a piece of garbage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, March 30, 2012
This review is from: RCA M4004 4 GB MP3/Video Player (Electronics)
The sound quality on this is fantastic. Unfortunately it died before I could get much enjoyment out of it. I got a replacement but that too bit the dust within a couple of months.

1.0 out of 5 stars mega-problems, June 8, 2011
Kenneth A. Capron "kaycen" (Portland, Maine United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RCA M4004 4 GB MP3/Video Player (Electronics)
As other reviews have noted, this thing has issues. While charging it, the case popped open because the battery had swollen up like an inner tube. That was the end of my struggles with the software and mp3 transfers.

Not to bash RCA but - this M4004 was a replacement for a defective player which was also a replacement for even another model. So three models just plain useless and customer services that just plain sucked. Really bad.

RCA M4004 4 GB MP3/Video Player