|Item Weight||5.1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15.3 x 4.3 x 14 inches|
|Item model number||ANT800F|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
RCA Multi-Directional, Amplified, Flat Digital Outdoor HDTV Antenna
|Price:||$54.54 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$65.45 (55%)|
- Enjoy top-rated HDTV network programming and your favorite shows for Free with no monthly fee or subscription
- Patented, 360º multi-directional design eliminates need for constant adjustments
- Supports up to 1080i HDTV broadcasts for high-quality picture and sound - 40+ miles from the towers
- DISCLAIMER: Reception quality and channels received will depend on distance from towers, broadcast power, terrain and other factors.
- RCA's advanced SmartBoost technology amplifies weak signals to deliver the most channels possible
- Paintable, ultra-compact design adapts to almost any outdoor or attic setting - mounting hardware included
- Withstands tough outdoor conditions with durable construction and materials
- Designed and engineered in the USA
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Choosing the Right Antenna
There are lots of factors that can affect your TV antenna reception. Visit our official website and use our Antenna Finder zip code tool to see a list of channels being broadcast in your area and to help determine the best antenna to fit your specific need.
The RCA ANT800F
Multi-Directional, Amplified Flat Outdoor TV Antenna
This innovative RCA Multi-Directional, Amplified Flat Outdoor Antenna provides both network and local television in full 1080 HD quality, for Free. Made for difficult reception environments, this multi-directional antenna with SmartBoostTM amplification outperforms TV antennas available from other manufacturers. Don’t settle for a lesser picture or fewer channels when you know your TV is capable of delivering much more!
- Patented, 360 degree multi-directional reception, no need for constant adjustments
- SmartBoost Amplification Technology for enhanced reception and more channels
- Supports up to 1080i HDTV broadcasts = Free HDTV
- Receives UHF and VHF channels = more content
- Included mounting kit for wall, attic or rooftop placement
- Paintable surface to match your home
Getting the Best Reception
The amount and quality of the channels you receive will depend on the following:
1) Channels being broadcast in your area.
2) Broadcast tower locations.
3) Strength of the broadcast signals.
4) Line of sight and environmental terrain.
Visit our official website to find Reception Tips, 'How To' videos, FAQs, and more.
Streaming Player Companion
An RCA HD antenna is the perfect complement to streaming players such as Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, and more. Pair the ANT800F with your streaming device and get live content along with your favorite on-demand programming. Designed to withstand tough outdoor conditions, the ANT800F includes a mounting kit for placement on a wall, in the attic, or on a rooftop. Its paintable surface makes it even easier to disguise when mounted outside your home.
RCA TV antennas are easy to install:
1) Connect the antenna’s coax cable into the back of your digital-ready TV.
2) Find the optimal placement for the antenna.
3) Scan for available channels, and you are ready to enjoy your free content.
Need assistance? Talk live to an RCA Customer Service Representative by calling our helpline.
All RCA TV antennas:
- Are designed and engineered in the USA.
- Are built with the highest quality components.
- Meet or exceed all quality and performance standards established by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA).
- Deliver the best, most reliable, uncompressed HD picture.
RCA’s innovative SmartBoost technology offers precise amplification and allows TV tuners to pick up and amplify the right TV signals, unlike competitors’ amplifiers that also amplify background broadcast noise. SmartBoost amplifies weak signals to preserve purity while reducing signal noise with precision circuitry. Better amplification = More channels.
The ANT800F digital flat antenna employs RCA’s patented 360° reception pattern design which means it is able to receive signals from any direction. Constant adjustments are not necessary, like with directional or bi-directional TV antennas.
Top Customer Reviews
It seems that a passive antenna is almost always better choice for digital TV, especially if most of the channels that you care about are already coming in strong. The best way to improve reception is to put a passive antenna higher up, like in an attic or on a chimney, not by adding an amplifier.
* The RCA ANT800 looks discrete and is unlikely to annoy your neighbors or HOA agent.
* Can be mounted on a flat surface or on a pole, either horizontally or vertically.
* Includes mounting hardware.
* Requires external power. My Kill-A-Watt says that it draws 10 watts continuously.
* Doesn't work passively.
* The installation instructions are ambiguous about how to orient the antenna. Parallel to the ground seems to be the best way.
While trying to troubleshoot my installation, I noticed that performance degrades if the power supply is too far away from the ANT800, like beside the TV receiver. The drop over a 40ft RG6 cable was noticeable, which is what you would need to put the antenna on a second story roof. My passive antenna works perfectly over the same cable.
I did a LOT of research before deciding on this antenna, but once I installed it, I found out how great it really is! Thanks to its compact design, it can be used in any neighborhood without concern over homeowners covenants. And it's easy to install.
The only negative I found is that the installation manual could be MUCH better. Several things are implied, but not made explicit. These include:
* It is best to mount the antenna outdoors as high as possible, preferably below the eaves.
* If it is mounted in an attic, you'll cut your signal strength in half just getting through asphalt singles. And if you have a radiant barrier in your attic, you'll likely get NO signal at all.
* If mounting outdoors, the mounting bracket is designed to be mounted on a vertical wall. Also, the back side of the antenna (where the coax connector and assembly screws are located) should not be pointed upward in that it the recesses for the assembly screws would collect water which could seep into the antenna module.
* The antenna MUST be mounted a sufficient distance from other metal objects such as rain gutters and attic vents so that these object do not attenuate the incoming signal. Experimentation showed that locating the antenna 2 feet away from the nearest gutter or vent is sufficient.
* The antenna should be located on the side of your house that faces the broadcast towers.Read more ›
I thought RCA ANT800 would be a good choice for me because it appeared that it would be versatile (indoor or outdoor), easy to install (not too big and comes with a mounting bracket) and it's omnidirectional. As I said, I live in the middle of the city, but all the broadcast towers are about 10-12 miles away, some north, some south and some west of me. So I needed either an omnidirectional antenna or a directional antenna with a rotor. Also, the local stations transmit on a mix of VHF low, VHF high and UHF, and the ANT800 is supposed to work with all broadcast frequencies. I've noticed that a lot of TV antennas only work with UHF or with VHF high and UHF, so be sure to check that before you buy any antenna.
At first I tried the ANT800 as an indoor antenna behind the TV. It picked up several channels, but I wanted all the local channels. Then I tried it in the attic. That worked better, but I still couldn't get the PBS channel, and that's the most important channel for me. My last option was to mount it outside, which is more difficult.
I opted to mount it upside-down from the eave overhang outside the back door. The main difficulty to that was with the mounting bracket. It has four screw holes in it, but they're too far apart to use on a single 2-by-4, so I had to screw it to another board then attach that to two 2-by-4s in the overhang.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works as designed, no problems so far. If it continues to work, will probably buy one for the house and drop cable and just pay for Internet and streaming services. Los Angles areaPublished 2 days ago by Coffee Drinker
Didn't rec the channels I expected.....the coverage is overstated....it's 30 mile in each direction....they claim 60 miles but...Published 14 days ago by lronke
This antenna works pretty well. I have mounted it on the outside of the house, about 15ft up. I get a few more channels and overall better quality than with the Mohu Leaf 50... Read morePublished 17 days ago by Zen Monitor
Installed under eve of 2nd story of house on the side which faces 90% of the towers (Dallas area). Only vaguely aimed it mostly so it wasn't facing straight at neighbor's house. Read morePublished 20 days ago by P. Rose
As always, Amazon delivers! We were so sick of paying the high prices that our local cable company demands. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Rose
Bought this to replace an ANT751R that got damaged during our move. The appearance and 360 deg signal seemed ideal for our situation but it just didn't get all of the clear... Read morePublished 24 days ago by awperk
Not sure why I never tried this before...I get a multitude of high def channels-with no monthly bill. Very happy with this product. Read morePublished 24 days ago by Jason