Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 28, 2010
I've been looking for a small portable stereo / cd player / iphone player for a few months now. I finally settled and took a chance on the RCA RCD175i. Not because I found so many great and helpful reviews. That sure didn't happen! I couldn't even find one review, lol I purchased this mainly because it looked nice and had most of the features I was looking for. The RCA RCD175i came in perfect new condition and was packed well thanks to Amazon. The speakers sound good for their size. They can fill a decent sized room with plenty of sound. It's no JBL or Bose, but you get what you pay for. The cd player is tray loading which is kind of a neat feature on a portable stereo. It also came with a free Santana cd in the tray? I'm not a big Santana fan, but that's still cool. The iphone dock works great. It charges the iphone and you can control the iphone's music skip and play/pause features with the remote. This stereo takes 6 D size batteries if you want it to be fully portable. I haven't used the radio yet. You really don't need a radio when you have the I Heart Radio app on your iphone. The only thing I wish this had is a better way of docking the iphone. Don't get me wrong the dock is fine and works as it should, but I like the front docking and cover idea like on the Sony ZSS4IP because you can carry it around while the iphone is playing and it helps protect too. Over all I'm very happy with my purchase. I hope this review is helpful.
1010 comments|139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2011
It's difficult to find a reasonably priced counter top stereo with line-in audio, digital tuner, radio, CD player, in-track searching, and that plays an itouch. This one does not have a tape deck or clock, but it does have all of the above features. It has good sound and all of the components work well. My only complaints so far are that the remote does not work from more than 5 feet away (such as the other side of the room), there are no instructions in the manual for how to tune to an AM station, and the cd drawer is extremely slow to open or close and requires a lot of pressure to close.
on April 11, 2012
I like that it's a good sounding iPhone player with a CD & radio option. The programmed radio stations are retained without batteries being installed even when you unplug & move the device. All in all I really like this unit. Strong sound from such a small unit when you activate Bass boost. Just be aware of a few things...

1. The 30 pin connector is exposed when you remove your idevice. The RCA provided picture seems to indicate a smoked plastic piece behind the iPhone, there isn't.

2. iDevice adapter docks don't fit snugly in the opening. That is OK since I can fit my encased 4s directly & snugly without an adapter. I made a loose cover for the player's opening using an extra adapter I had (taped over the slot in the "cover"). This works for me since I don't use it as a true portable. I just need to cover the exposed opening since the unit lives on my covered patio with AC power.

3. There is no telescoping antenna rather there is a wire antenna like with a table radio. Not good for portability but excellent for reception.
on December 7, 2011
Purchased this to play my iPhone's tunes at an upcoming party. Unfortunately, every time I plugged the iPhone in I got the "Accessory not supported by this device" message.

Also, be aware - it takes *6* D batteries, not 4. I had to scramble for a bit looking for the extra two batteries.

It was able to work with my friend's older iPod Touch - once we got it working, the sound was good!

The parts feel a bit flimsy, but no worse than I expected for the price. Overall a nice product, I wish it worked with what I have.
on January 4, 2011
I purchased this product as a christmas present for my son, I wanted to replace a radio CD player that he had already with one that would also dock his Nano. There were very few products that were available that were portable. I had my eye on a Sony and missed the sale, so I waited and eventually came across this product, there were not very many reviews, but I was concerned about the sound and the overall eaze of using the product, it was a bit more than I wanted to spend but I got some kind of promotion and got $25.00 off the cost so this was just an awesome deal, getting back to the product, I am VERY pleased with the sound, I love that the CD player is accessed from the bottom of the unit, which means we don't have to shift the player out of the shelve to put in a Cd, also the handle and the antenna do not interfere with each other, only draw back so far is the NANO was misplaced so we still have not heard how it sounds and if it stays in place, but by the looks of how everything is set up this is well worth buying and I feel confident that the docking station will work out fine. Also passes the "cool" meter for a tween.
on December 30, 2011
This has a lot of options and everything works. That is about the best things I can say about it.
For the money, it feels cheap. I am pretty sure it will not last, but time will tell. The handle is thin
and flexes when you pick up the boom box. The CD tray is flimsy and weak. Most certainly does not seem to
be of very good quality. As for the sound, it seems to be ok. Since I bought it for my 13 year old daughter,
she is happy with it. It is not pro quality, but hey, that is to be expected, it is not a Bose system.
The Ipod docking station is working and my girls like it. I rated this a 3 due to the cheap feel and flimsy nature
of the components, but the features and decent sound make it a good little boom box for my teenagers!
on May 10, 2012
I was excited about purchasing this item, but when I received it, I found that it was not what I was expecting. The description and picture that I had seen on the web showed that the box had an outlet for a headphone (or a speaker in my case), but my box had no such outlet. Even the buttons were different on the box! I was VERY disappointed, as this was the second CD player I have tried to purchase in a month from Amazon. I feel like I was a victim of false advertising.
on December 13, 2011
This works perfectly for a white noise CD, along with Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones (Black). It has an audio-in jack for an MP3 player, and the grandkids also use it with their iPods.

It's mostly used for recorded books while I'm working, and it's absolutely fine for that, since it takes either a CD or the iPod. Oh, and it works for the Kindle/Audible audiobooks, too, with a cable (purchased separately).

It's a little pricy for what we use it for, or I'd give it five stars.
on August 18, 2013
The picture for this, shows a dock cover on top, and two additional jacks on the front to plug in other sources. I purchased this, thinking that it would have all those things (making it 5 stars). However, the player that I recieved does not have those things - nor does it have an easily identifiable power button. The one I got definitly has something lacking - but it does appear to play music well.
on September 17, 2011
the product was good like all the features it even charges my iphone the aux port is key as well. The only negative thing i can say is it falls short on the bass volume is ok but the richness and depth of sound is lacking but for hanging out or just listening to whatever the stereo is great...