5.0 out of 5 stars What an alarm clock should be.
I'm pretty picky about my alarm clocks for several reasons: brightness, number size, and sound. I'm terribly nearsighted and the numbers were big and bright enough to be visible at 15 feet. I'm also sensitive to light in a dark bedroom and this clock doesn't create that nimbus of light around it that so many of my previous clocks have. Finally, it is loud enough to get...
Published 23 months ago by Angel Dreamz

3.0 out of 5 stars Insomniacs' solution?
The bedside alarm clock I had for umpteen years recently died, and I spent hours searching for a new one. As a nearsighted insomniac, I couldn't buy a tiny clock and have any prayer of reading it, but I needed a dimmable clock whose glow wouldn't wake me up. At first I tried a "dimmable" Timex, but the dimmer switch didn't work, so back it went to Amazon. Then I tried a...
Published 21 months ago by jhl

‹ Previous | 1 2 361 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Larger display is easily viewed across the room!, August 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This RCA RCD30 Alarm Clock is easy to read from a DISTANCE, where i like to leave it, because it assures me I WILL get up, since I have to get outta bed to shut it off! It also has a battery back up (9V) so no worries about power outages, etc. Happy to recommend this one, if you need an alarm clock!

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice clock, worthless alarm, July 19, 2013
This is not really an alarm clock, but merely a clock. The display is easily viewed, and it can be viewed in two modes--"regular" and bright." I don't know why anyone would want to use the rather dim "regular." My last alarm clock had all it's buttons on it's front, which was a great convenience. In contrast, this alarm must be turned on and off using a minuscule switch on it's back. If one wants to quickly check what time you set your alarm for, it cannot be done. Moreover, the alarm itself is not very loud. It will not wake deep sleepers.

I will use this solely as a clock and depend on two small battery powered travel clocks to ensure that I get up. Incidentally, one must use a magnifying glass to read the instructions that come with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Obnoxious sound, December 14, 2012
I should have known by the large numbers that this clock may have been designed for people who are a little harder of hearing than I am. I do appreciate the large numbers and simple design, but the blaring of this alarm every morning makes me want to smash it into pieces. It does do its job of getting me up; I would just prefer a less jarring wake-up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk, September 30, 2013
This review is from: RCA RCD20 High Quality Alarm Clock and 0.7-Inch LCD (Electronics)
It doesn't matter how little you pay for this piece of junk. It doesn't work. After 2 months, some of the LCD started going blank. Then, around 3 months, it just quit altogether. Save yourself some trouble and buy something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars 'High Quality' Really??!?!, September 30, 2013
MD "marc_b1002" (NJ United States) - See all my reviews
Purchased in July of this year, 3 months later, the display starts showing numbers incorrectly [i.e. top bar of 5 missing, bottom bar of an 8 missing, etc.]. Occasional flickering as well.

RCA's warranty stipulates you mail it to them, and they will replace the 'new' unit with a refurbished one and/or refurbished parts. At standard shipping rates, cheaper to just buy another brand.

Shame on RCA. If this is what is regarded as 'high quality', one can only guess what low quality is to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, but it does its job, August 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a basic LED alarm clock. It runs on 120v current and has a battery backup. It is rudimentary. No radio, no fancy alarm options. But if all you need is a basic alarm clock that will go off when you need it to, this one is fine. It's easy to read, and it isn't difficult to set. It is loud. It feels a bit cheap, but that's not unusual in this market segment. Overall, a decent alarm clock.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not So Good. Not Happy, September 21, 2013
Just got this yesterday. Can't vouch for accuracy or longevity, but I can say the display is not good: The "bars" that make up the numbers are not consistently bright. Each bar is brighter in the middle of the bar than on either edge making the overall time seem like a Halloween image. I'm guessing they scrimped on the number of LED's behind each bar and hoped the overlay would even things out. Not so much. The image used in the description is not accurate. The bars are not consistently bright. This is NOT a "high quality alarm clock." Look somewhere else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and doesn't light up the room., January 10, 2013
Keeps accurate time and even though the numbers are very large, the dim setting reduces the light adequately. You must be very careful how you hold the clock when setting it. Keep your holding hand and fingers off the top bar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alarm clock, December 17, 2012
C. hatcher (cleveland, oh) - See all my reviews
simple alarm clock that plugs in with large number display. very easy to see. can adjust brightness of digital display but cannot adjust alarm which is loud but not crazy loud.

4.0 out of 5 stars Average alarm clock for the price, November 24, 2012
There's really not much to tell about this clock...it's not amazing, it's not crappy...it's about as basic as you can get. I don't use the glowing snooze feature, but I can see how that would be a nice night light for kids or for guests who aren't familiar with your home. The clock is extremely basic...you can set the time, set the alarm, and that's about it. The green letters are very bright, so I end up turning the clock away from me when I'm trying to sleep. The alarm is good and loud...scares the bejeezus out of me most times when it goes off. Overall, it does it's job without being complicated.

‹ Previous | 1 2 361 | Next ›