- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.73 shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- No deductible, replacement via Amazon gift card reimbursement for valid claims
- Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
RCA RT151 Home Theater System
|Price:||$89.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$10.00 (10%)|
- 80W surround system with five speakers and amplifier/subwoofer
- Amplifier, audio jacks and controls are built into the subwoofer; two sets of RCA-type audio inputs on rear
- Compatible with DVD/CD players, computers and game consoles, satellite/cable boxes and most TVs
- Line-in audio jack on front - for iPod and other portable audio players
- Easy color-coded speaker setup
- 80W surround system with five speakers, subwoofer, and amplifier
- Amplifier, audio jacks and controls are built into the subwoofer
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
I was a little worried when I opened the box and saw how tiny all the speakers were, but they produce very big sound for their size. Anyone who wants thundering bass that will rattle the walls should definitely look elsewhere but if you are living in an apartment, this unit should be more than sufficient for your needs. It sounds absolutely great for what it is - a budget priced surround system.
I don't understand the people who have mentioned needing to augment these speakers with their TV sound. I think that they must have the speakers hooked up wrong or have the individual channels (front, center, sub-woofer and rear) turned down, so the master volume isn't giving them what they need. I can only turn the volume up about half-way before I start to worry about my neighbors, so I'm clearly getting something different out of my set-up. I don't think I'm just being overly courteous either - at full volume, with the doors closed, the system can be heard fairly easily from the courtyard/hallway outside of my apartment. With the standard settings, the rear channel is a little quiet for my taste, but since there is individual control for the different channels, it is very easy to adjust.
The biggest problem with the system is that there are only two composite inputs and one front facing "line-in" portable audio input.Read more ›
-plenty of power
-3 channels two RCA in rear and a headphone jack in front for ipod
-independent mute and volume control for Front, Center, Rear, and Sub
-Regular speaker wire inputs in rear of sub, so you can use different speakers eventually.
-easy set up
-decent sound for the price range
-no areas to attach mounts to speakers, have to drill into them.
-no independent control for each speaker. front two are together and rear two are together.
-limited sub control(had to rearrange the equalizer on our tv to get more out of it)
-speaker wire could be longer but I just ordered more to extend it.
overall probably should be paying closer to $100 for this set
and at $56 it's a deal
Not the best but great for the money
I rate it my best buy so far of 2010
Searching Amazon I found the RCA RT151 system. Cheap and highly rated. You don't see that a lot. I ordered.
System arrived, I opened package, scattered speakers around in semi-appropriate locations, hooked up input cable and applied power. The result was a lot of audio without any bass. Totally woofless. Using skills honed through 45 years of electronic trouble shooting, I lighly slapped the side of woofer enclosure. It worked.....for a few seconds. During those few seconds it was five stars. Told Amazon to send a replacement.
Excellent audio performance for the money. Much better than original tv speakers. Wife is happy.
I suggest the following unpacking/troubleshooting steps.
Remove main enclosure and connect it to your tv and power it up. If your tv is like mine you will now have a 2.1 system consisting of your tv speakers and the bass unit. Should sound better already. Let it run for 30 minutes to an hour. If there are no problems take the next step.
Remove ONE small speaker and use it to confirm the remaining 5 channels are working by connecting this speaker to each channel in turn. If system passes this test, complete installation. If it doesn't pass, you have a minimum amount of re-packing to do.
Edit: As this is a surround sound system the back channels may appear to have low audio levels on a lot of sound sources.
Many people have said that this is not a surround sound system. What it is not is a DISCRETE surround sound system.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Does not work!! Hooked up my turntable to it - no sound. Hooked up my TV to it - no sound. Even if I happened to receive a "dud", I would never buy this system again. Read morePublished 26 days ago by L. Coffelt
Bought a used version of this item, it arrived within the promised time frame, the packaging although not new, appeared adequate. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Lennox
Quality speakers for price. They still work great after 2 years & give the movie effect I was originally looking for.Published 4 months ago by K'Mar
Super excited and was surprised when I got this the sound is great it's very affordable for everyone who wants or needs itPublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
System has individual volume controls for front, back, center, and bass -- but lacks a visual display of how high the volume is. Read morePublished 5 months ago by J. Sykora