Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on May 7, 2011
I was excited to find an HDMI surround sound system for this price. It was too good to be true, however, when the audio would cut out when there was a silent part in the movie or show. It was very annoying especially when there was times of dialogue. It's kind of hard to explain, but the audio did cut out. Contacted RCA from their website, since the 30 day guarantee from the seller ran out, and they had me explain the issue, had me send it back (at my own expense) and it took about a month to fix and send back, but they did not charge for the repair or the shipping back to my house.
It is a really nice feature to have HDMIs hook up to this then only one output to my TV. Also the audio inputs on the front are nice for plugging in my iPod and whatnot. Only other drawback is that audio cord length was not quite as long as I would have liked, but that's not a big deal.
The inputs/outputs were the best selling point.
HDMI in/out: 3/1
RCA in: 3
Coaxial in: 1
Optical in: 1
great for everything i needed to hook up!
on November 9, 2010
This system was the cheapest that I found based on what I needed and It worked great.
It has a lot of inputs, and also a lot of settings for the different inputs based on if it is Dolby or Stereo.
The sound is great, I also have to reduce the bass as well for the same thing as in the other comment, because it is too much, and I live in an apartment.
The walls were rumbling, and The sound can be heard in the entire building xD.
So the was is really heavy.
It even has a feature called Night to reduce the sound of the bass or loud sound like explosions in movies, so it can be quiet at night.
on October 30, 2010
This system meets all my my requirements,xbox 360 sounds great,pc sounds good,lots of bass, in fact I have to keep the bass on its lowest setting beacause I live in a apartment.I would recommend this product for it's price and the variety of hook ups.It does not have usb hook up though, only drawback.
on March 7, 2011
Sound:Good. Remote features:Good. Ease of Installation:Very Good. Looks:Good. Ports:Terrific. Basically, for the price, this system would be all you would expect-even a little more maybe. Unfortunately, like so many other reviewers...I got a lemon. The sound cuts out FREQUENTLY. Nothing I could live with. So, thanks to the ease of Amazon returns,I am shipping it back and have ordered a different brand. Too bad RCA couldnt get it right.
on February 25, 2012
Overall, this unit is worth the sub $200 price. I do not own any other 1000W system, but based on the price and all the inputs this RCA offers, this choice is the right one in its category.

Pros:
- Price
- Lots of inputs and outputs; any desirable audio and video input except component and cableTV coax.
- Love the 3 HDMI inputs and one HDMI out.
- Good volume.
- Good bass with the included non-powered subwoofer, when set at the highest bass setting.
- Pre-amp subwoofer output for an optional powered subwoofer (The Walmart RT2911 model lacks this connection).
- Speaker adjustments (distance and output volume per speaker).
- Decent remote with a wide angle unit reception.

Cons:
- Although I'm not experiencing the same issue several reviewers have stated in regards the volume going out during low audio scenes, in my case it appears the audio goes to sleep when I pause the connected HDMI video source. For the first three or so seconds after the playback is resumed there is no audio while the video is played as if muted; the audio then resumes. This audio dozing off is also evident when scrolling through my connected player's menus. The player has an audible beep every time a new selected field is highlighted. The first one or two beeps are muted after the RT2910 has not received any audio for a while, and the beeps resume after the second muted beep.

Other Thoughts:
- The HDMI video and audio are synchronized very well, even after pausing and resuming the video source.
- The user manual has a couple of errors, and lacks some explanations, but that's not a biggie.
- For testing purposes my receiver was located on top of an open counter top, with nothing around or over the unit. Hence there was plenty of ventilation and the unit ran very cool, almost cold, even after playing a movie for two hours.
- If possible, I have yet to figure out how to play audio from all five speakers at once or in stereo. I can't play audio from the rear speakers unless it's in surround-sound setting.
- There are several different audio settings, like hall, movie, etc., but it appears not all choices are available in every stereo or surround-sound setting. This seems odd.
on May 8, 2011
Overall a decent value; sound quality is great. Biggest disappointment was how it handled (or not handled) video.

The audio rocks - range is decent - handles surround sound very well. Subwoofer kicks the bass great but not obnoxiously.

The setup for the most part was straightforward. Installing the speakers was a breeze (I had run wiring in advance) - the included wiring was more than adequate. I wish the speakers had terminals on the back instead of being hardwired.

My biggest beef with this system is that the video switcher does not support HDCP over HDMI. The cable box (a Cisco 8642HDC) refused to send HDMI signal to the home theater system because it didn't support HDCP; ended up directly running HDMI into my HDTV set.

In the end I'm reasonably happy with the RT2910.
on July 3, 2011
it was all as advertised.good sound and the hdmi switching works flawlessly.just wish it had more treble,but its good but not great treble.you wont be dissappointed.the bass kicks!!!i got it hooked up with a equalizer and it brings out the sound more.i love it though,because it also has 5.1 dolby digital and digital plus!!!a lot of hook ups for digital and stereo sound.buy it!!!for under 99.00 dollars this system 1000 watts ....rocks!!!i havent experience the sound cut in between movies.i think thats what you are using analog hook up to a digital output.
on March 11, 2011
I had to replace my older home theater system because I purchased my first flat screen TV and Blu-ray player, but I out-right refused to spend the dollar amounts that many consider "normal" for a surround sound system. I have far more important things to spend $500 - $1000 on. After looking around for a couple of months I ran across a couple of RCA systems that seemed to fit what I needed. I wanted a speaker set that had good bass, reasonable power, and HDMI pass through. I was in sticker shock at most other brands but totally turned off by most of the other sub $400 systems. I took a chance on this one and I must say I've been very happy and a bit suprised by what I got for under $200. It has more than enough high end connections to support my Fios HD box, my Blu-ray player, and game systems. The remote is small but that's fine by me. If you have a small living room, family room, rec/game room, and need a system that will leave you with money left over then this one is for you. RCA makes other models, both higher and lower, but this one is in that "sweet spot" of price vs. features.
Do not buy this system, it's cheap for a reason. The surround sound is almost non-existent , so much so that when my wife and I watch a movie and the rare time we hear something out of the rear speakers we both look at each other like "where did that come from"? We forget that we even have a surround system. That in it self would be bad enough but it gets worse, every so often the sound will just cut out, completley. You have to find the remote and turn the thing off and on again to get the sound back....happens at least twice in the length of a movie. This thing is junk.
on November 29, 2010
Well the product is what the price says. It's a decent system with good sound for a small room. The sub kicks pretty nice for one that doesnt require additional power supply. The only complaint I have is that it crackles on some of the non-HDMI inputs. For some reason the speakers will crackle when nothing is playing for some reason, and even if something isnt plugged in. Not sure what thats about but the HD ports come in nice with no crackle and It has a 3 HDMI switch to hook up 3 compatible devices and one output to the TV which is great. Considering buying some different speakers and seeing if I get the same effect. if so I could have just a dud and i'll send it back.