4.0 out of 5 stars Good system, just one problem.
For the money this is a good system. Very easy to set up. I've used HDMI from my cable (Uverse) and Blu-Ray player and through put to the TV. It's loud enough for me. I actually had bought the RT2906 (Walmart was selling it as a 1000W, which it isn't) so returned and bought the RT2910 from Amazon. That extra 400W makes a difference.

The only annoying issue...
Published on January 16, 2011 by Phillip Drawbridge

1.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this, but...
Published on June 20, 2011 by NJ_Mark

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good system, just one problem., January 16, 2011
This review is from: RCA RT2910 1000W Home Theater System (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

The only annoying issue is that every so often the sound cuts out. Just for a second and it seems to be when there is no noise other than speaking. The voice over at the start of Law and Order for example. I know a few other users have reported the same issue. I emailed RCA and they are looking into it. I'm surprised no one had reported it since both united I've had did the same thing.

Other than that, it's very good. Once RCA fix the sound issue I would easily recommend it without question.

Feb 2011 - I've had a lot of back and forth talk with RCA support. They were very helpful but couldn't solve the issue. SO they are sending me a new unit and want my one back so they can try and reproduce the problem. I'll let you know if the new one works. So top marks for their support.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, November 9, 2010
This system was the cheapest that I found based on what I needed and It worked great.
It has a lot of inputs, and also a lot of settings for the different inputs based on if it is Dolby or Stereo.
The sound is great, I also have to reduce the bass as well for the same thing as in the other comment, because it is too much, and I live in an apartment.
The walls were rumbling, and The sound can be heard in the entire building xD.
So the was is really heavy.
It even has a feature called Night to reduce the sound of the bass or loud sound like explosions in movies, so it can be quiet at night.

4.0 out of 5 stars good system, October 30, 2010
This system meets all my my requirements,xbox 360 sounds great,pc sounds good,lots of bass, in fact I have to keep the bass on its lowest setting beacause I live in a apartment.I would recommend this product for it's price and the variety of hook ups.It does not have usb hook up though, only drawback.

1.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this, but..., June 20, 2011
I actually bought this system without first checking reviews. Not smart! I saw this HTS on the shelf, and when I saw the HDMI inputs and one output, I was sold. I have never owned anything RCA before, so I worried that I would not be happy with sound quality. Actually, I was pleasantly surprised-- it sounds pretty darn good, especially for such a low-price system!! Trouble is, I had the same experience as everyone else. The sound cuts out so darn often that the system is useless. Don't bother going through all the hassles some of the people above have gone through. Now I have to box this stupid thing back up and take it back. By the way, whoever packaged the speakers at the factory was just plain sadistic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sounding...but not on arrival., May 7, 2011
C. Hudson (Cincinnati, OH USA) - See all my reviews
I was excited to find an HDMI surround sound system for this price. It was too good to be true, however, when the audio would cut out when there was a silent part in the movie or show. It was very annoying especially when there was times of dialogue. It's kind of hard to explain, but the audio did cut out. Contacted RCA from their website, since the 30 day guarantee from the seller ran out, and they had me explain the issue, had me send it back (at my own expense) and it took about a month to fix and send back, but they did not charge for the repair or the shipping back to my house.
It is a really nice feature to have HDMIs hook up to this then only one output to my TV. Also the audio inputs on the front are nice for plugging in my iPod and whatnot. Only other drawback is that audio cord length was not quite as long as I would have liked, but that's not a big deal.
The inputs/outputs were the best selling point.
HDMI in/out: 3/1
RCA in: 3
Coaxial in: 1
Optical in: 1
great for everything i needed to hook up!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just like everyone else'!, April 15, 2012
I read the reviews before purchase, understood the risks and thought, "no way that's gonna happen to me!" Sure enough, my system cuts out the sound as well, but most everyone else said that it only did it a bit. While watching the Bourne Identity (that's all we could do was watch, there was hardly any sound at all), there was no sound except for about every 10 seconds or so the audio would kick in for about 3 seconds worth of movie at a time. Plus, while watching satellite, there was full time audio, except it sounded like it was in a huge empty hall. The audio echoed like crazy. Before you suggest it, of course I tried to change the surround settings, but this system's customization abilities are very limited, so everything I tried didn't fix it.

Overall, I'm very disappointed in RCA. I kind of knew what I was getting myself into, but was hoping that I might be a lucky one. I suppose a bit of luck is on my side since I ordered through Amazon and returning it is a breeze!

4.0 out of 5 stars home theater, July 3, 2011
it was all as advertised.good sound and the hdmi switching works flawlessly.just wish it had more treble,but its good but not great treble.you wont be dissappointed.the bass kicks!!!i got it hooked up with a equalizer and it brings out the sound more.i love it though,because it also has 5.1 dolby digital and digital plus!!!a lot of hook ups for digital and stereo sound.buy it!!!for under 99.00 dollars this system 1000 watts ....rocks!!!i havent experience the sound cut in between movies.i think thats what you are using analog hook up to a digital output.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good system for the price!, March 11, 2011
I had to replace my older home theater system because I purchased my first flat screen TV and Blu-ray player, but I out-right refused to spend the dollar amounts that many consider "normal" for a surround sound system. I have far more important things to spend $500 - $1000 on. After looking around for a couple of months I ran across a couple of RCA systems that seemed to fit what I needed. I wanted a speaker set that had good bass, reasonable power, and HDMI pass through. I was in sticker shock at most other brands but totally turned off by most of the other sub $400 systems. I took a chance on this one and I must say I've been very happy and a bit suprised by what I got for under $200. It has more than enough high end connections to support my Fios HD box, my Blu-ray player, and game systems. The remote is small but that's fine by me. If you have a small living room, family room, rec/game room, and need a system that will leave you with money left over then this one is for you. RCA makes other models, both higher and lower, but this one is in that "sweet spot" of price vs. features.

1.0 out of 5 stars RCA is just a label on cheap Chinese crap, March 2, 2012
My RT2910 crapped out in less than 1 year. It's been back for repair with me paying the shipping. When it came back, it had the same problem (loud hiss from rear speaker). Now I have to wait 1 week for a return label for them to try again. I was refused a new unit.

I'll never buy anything labeled RCA anymore. RCA used to be an American company. It looks like it's just a label put on Chinese crap now.

3.0 out of 5 stars great sound quality but drops the ball on video., May 8, 2011
Brian Heath (Cuyahoga Falls OH USA) - See all my reviews
Overall a decent value; sound quality is great. Biggest disappointment was how it handled (or not handled) video.

The audio rocks - range is decent - handles surround sound very well. Subwoofer kicks the bass great but not obnoxiously.

The setup for the most part was straightforward. Installing the speakers was a breeze (I had run wiring in advance) - the included wiring was more than adequate. I wish the speakers had terminals on the back instead of being hardwired.

My biggest beef with this system is that the video switcher does not support HDCP over HDMI. The cable box (a Cisco 8642HDC) refused to send HDMI signal to the home theater system because it didn't support HDCP; ended up directly running HDMI into my HDTV set.

In the end I'm reasonably happy with the RT2910.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›