5.0 out of 5 stars Good surround sound system
We got this today & the sound is great! The only issue we had was we had to buy 2 other cords for it. The blue ray player is wonderful and it also plays dvds. I love how you can use netflix on it and it works wonderful as well!! Over all i would say this is a great surround system!!!!
Published on August 15, 2012 by courtney

3.0 out of 5 stars no support
Published on September 9, 2012 by Single mom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars no support, September 9, 2012
The Blu-Ray part works fine. The surround sound is interesting, although it requires many cords running all over the room, and even when you thread them under rugs it's a bit sloppy. I wouldn't buy it again for that reason. In fact, the only reason I bought this at all was to stream Netflix wirelessly onto my TV. But that part just does not work. The device connects and then says Cannot resolve [...]

And when you try to get RCA customer support, they ignore you. They have no phone, and their email sends you links to pages from the unhelpful manual.

4.0 out of 5 stars RCA is a winner, September 1, 2012
Gregary Wright (Rhode Island, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RCA RTB1016 300W Blu-ray Home Theater System (Electronics)
If you're looking for a good Home Theater system that won't break your budget and still provide quality sound along with a Blu-Ray player, this is it. Although hooking up was not the easiest and the directions were not the best, with help from my techie friend, we managed to get it together. One suggestion, if your internet connection is not close by, spend a little bit extrta and get the system with built in wi-fi. Otherwise, you'll end up having to run a cable to your computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good surround sound system, August 15, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, October 12, 2013
This review is from: RCA RTB1016 300W Blu-ray Home Theater System (Electronics)
I think most of the people posting negative reviews sound like people who do not know how to properly set up or use this product. I purchased this RCA Blu-Ray home theater surround sound system and I pretty much have a movie theater in my living room, minus the overpriced beverages and snacks. The sound quality is amazing, especially for just 300W. I owned an 1000W unit and was surprised to hear how close this system came to replicating the power and quality of 1000W. Sure, the wires are a paint in the butt, but figuring out how to set the speakers up and hide the wires is not rocket science.

Very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, September 26, 2012
This review is from: RCA RTB1016 300W Blu-ray Home Theater System (Electronics)
I bought this because i wanted a blu-ray, it was pretty cheap so i gambled on it knowing i probably was throwing the money away. The day it came i hooked it up and rented a movie. The picture clarity was great sound was even better. The only draw back is it is not going to blow you out of the room or can't. it is perfect for me and my wife.

4.0 out of 5 stars First Surround sound., December 28, 2012
I enjoy it. It has plenty of power to make movies more enjoyable. Is sensitive to where you place it. If you stick it in an enclosed area it will overheat easily.

1.0 out of 5 stars NO MORE RCA PRODUCTS FOR ME--MISREPRESENTED PRODUCTS AND POOR PRODUCT SUPPORT!!, November 6, 2013
Up until this moment, RCA has always manufactured premier products during my lifetime, and I have purchased several products without ever having any problems or returns. I purchased this unit to replace another RCA Home Theater System that I purchased only 2 years ago while doing some home remodeling. I also purchased 2 RCA flat-screen TVs about that same time.

My older RCA Home Theater System was not setup for Wifi, but could stream Netflix if I so desired, so I bought this specific model because RCA advertised it to be Wifi ready and capable of streaming Netflix. The unit was not setup to stream Netflix as advertised, and approximately 24 hours after installing the unit, audio from a football game abruptly stopped coming from the speakers and the unit began emitting a loud rumbling and humming sound through the speakers. I immediately contacted Amazon and they graciously agreed to send me a replacement unit.

Two days later, I think I'm back in business when I received the replacement unit. After I installed the unit and setup my Wifi, I proceeded to try and setup Netflix. Once again, there was no app on the setup screen for me to access Netflix; the only apps available were for VUDU, Pandora and Picasa. I then called the toll-free number listed in the Owner's Manual to try and get assistance in resolving the problem. After being placed on hold for 10 minutes, I was eventually connected to an RCA "service representative". I explained to her that the unit was not as advertised and that I could not connect the unit to Netflix and asked her what should be done to rectify the problem. The woman became very argumentative with me, told me I would have to ship the unit to RCA to correct the problem (instead of giving me access to an update download), and when I asked her name, she stated that was "just the way it works", and then she abruptly hung up and disconnected the call.

Because of this experience, I will never buy another RCA product; ;life is much too short to deal with misrepresented products and abrasive product service representatives. This 2nd unit is also going back to Amazon and I have already ordered another brand which is a 1000 watt unit vs this 300 watt unit, all for less than $30.00 more; in hind-sight, I probably should have ordered this unit to begin with instead of the RCA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good and it was cheap, April 9, 2014
Loved it for the price. Shipped fast and plays great!!! I would definitely get this model for a serviceable DVD and surround sound system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enough for my purposes, August 23, 2013
This review is from: RCA RTB1016 300W Blu-ray Home Theater System (Electronics)
Sounds good, and works perfectly in my space. Looks good too. Had no problem hanging the speakers on the wall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alicia, March 25, 2013
Alicia Howard (San Leandro, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RCA RTB1016 300W Blu-ray Home Theater System (Electronics)
I've had this system for three months, and I use it almost everyday primarily to play non-blueray dvds. I became terribly disappointed when it began to tell me that "no disc" was inserted when I tried to watch my non-blueray dvds, and the menu on the front of the player stated "BD." It refused to play my non-BD dvds. But I got the thing to work again, and I am hoping my solutions have permanently resolved my problems. I discovered that the player is very picky and sensitive to any flaws in my non-blueray discs. If the player refuses a regular dvd, I first clean the player with a blueray cleaner that is specially designed for blueray players. This usually solves my problem. If the player continues to say "no disc" after cleaning it at least twice, I use Dawn dish washing detergent to solve my problem. I put at least a half teaspoon of Dawn on the non-blueray disc, and then I rub the disc gently with my fingers in a back and forth motion; (I do not go in a circle because discs must be washed from the middle to the outside edge in a back and forth motion to avoid damaging the disc.) I then gently rinse under lukewarm water while continuing to rub gently, and dry the disc gently with a paper towel or soft cloth. So far, the player has accepted my non-blueray discs after they have been washed with Dawn. I am wishing myself good luck that this will continue to be successful.
In regards to playing blueray discs, I have not had any problems at all. In fact, the player played all of my Star Wars bluerays without any problems, and this was not true with my Sony blueray player. (The Sony blueray player menu politely told me that I have to connect the Sony player to the internet to receive a download from Sony that will upgrade my player and allow me to play Star Wars. Unfortunately, I do not have WiFi or the skills to access the software/download that I needed, so I gave up.)
In regards to sound, I am very happy. It has been perfect/loud enough for a single room. I enjoy a full range of treble to bass, speech to musical score. It roars when I want it to do so.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›