3.0 out of 5 stars RCA RTD3133H could be better., July 23, 2011
This review is from: RCA RTD3133H DVD Home Theater System (Electronics)
I don't write reviews, but i would have liked to hear an opinion or 2 about this unit before purchasing it.
first, if you can afford a better unit, go for it.
this was purchased simply for the dolby 5.1 & it was the right price.
Sound quality : clear, but very underpowered for my taste.
ease of use : i found it simple to operate, but does have alot of useless features.
main gripe : when the unit powers down, or goes to standby...all the audio levels reset to 50%
running this unit at 50% is pointless, so all the individual channels need to be turned to 100% every time the unit powers up. with all the useless features, i cant believe it doesnt have the option to save the audio levels.

bottom line, if you are an audiphile, or enjoy shaking the walls with rich bass. this one is not for you.
if you just want something inexpensive to suppliment your HDTV, this might be the one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get this!, May 17, 2012
This review is from: RCA RTD3133H DVD Home Theater System (Electronics)
I am about to return my second unit in a week! I got this and it sounded ok for 2.5 days, then it started shorting out and the sound would no longer come out of the speakers. That was under normal use at about 25% volume while watching tv and movies. I just set up the replacement unit yesterday and the Right rear and Right Front speaker ports went out after one movie. This is a cheap piece of crap that is not worth the headache.

1.0 out of 5 stars RCA is Junk, July 15, 2012
This review is from: RCA RTD3133H DVD Home Theater System (Electronics)
I don't usually write reviews, but everything I've ever bought from RCA turned out to be very disappointing. I have had this unit for about 1 year and has performed way below expectations. The left speaker randomly just cuts off out of nowhere and won't come back on unless I turn off the power then turn it back on. This happens on a regular basis. Now when I turn it on it makes a loud POP, and goes completely dead. For a while I could just unplug it and it would eventually come back on. Now, however, it won't even come on. This is the last electronic thing I will ever buy from RCA.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small house or apartment? This may be the right fit, February 19, 2013
Max Pomeroy (STAMPING GROUND, KY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RCA RTD3133H DVD Home Theater System (Electronics)
We've had this unit for about a year now. Living in a small house where the living room is only about 20 x 16, this is about right. I wouldn't say it's for "audiophiles" or if you want to shake the house while playing a Schwarzenegger flick or something, but for watching most movies and TV in a small place, it's terrific. We do NOT use the DVD player any more, but have it hooked up to a blueray/wifi box. The speakers on our 42" Coby TV are pitiful, and this box fills the need perfectly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Keep searching for a better home theatre., November 1, 2011
This review is from: RCA RTD3133H DVD Home Theater System (Electronics)
The price is ok for this home theatre. Im not impressed with the surround speakers...the speakers out of my samsung tv over powers them..the subwoofer i would give it a 2 star rating out of 5 stars. the controller feels cheap and flimsy...save your money and spend 20 bucks more and get a better name brand like samsung or sony. if you enjoy bass and good sound...stay away.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy rca, December 26, 2012
This review is from: RCA RTD3133H DVD Home Theater System (Electronics)
last Christmas I bought 2 rca home theater systems the first one lasted 2 weeks so I returned it and bought the next model up, 3 months later the second system also popped returned would only repair waited 12 weeks to get it back it lasted an other 2 months before braking to make a long story short 3 system +1 repair and none are now working buy sony they last forever

1.0 out of 5 stars 20 minutes of fun, June 30, 2013
This review is from: RCA RTD3133H DVD Home Theater System (Electronics)
Was a long service gift from my company (15 years). Connected in kids playroom. Worked great, watching a movie with the kids.. POP, smoke... Nothing... 20 minutes of enjoyment. Glad I didn't spend any money on this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of $#!%, May 19, 2012
This review is from: RCA RTD3133H DVD Home Theater System (Electronics)
I have purchased two of these in the past six months. Both gave me nothing but trouble before quiting altogether. I got the second one thinking, "The first was just a fluke." Nope, both were trash. Don't waste your money.

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok, March 23, 2014
This review is from: RCA RTD3133H DVD Home Theater System (Electronics)
because my old rac was butter then this one and it sounded butter but all get use to it it just take time

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very loud, January 28, 2014
This review is from: RCA RTD3133H DVD Home Theater System (Electronics)
it is not as loud as I thought. But for the price it is ok. I would probably use it for my bedroom.

RCA RTD3133H DVD Home Theater System