Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: RCA RTD3133H DVD Home Theater System
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 23, 2011
I don't write reviews, but i would have liked to hear an opinion or 2 about this unit before purchasing it.
first, if you can afford a better unit, go for it.
this was purchased simply for the dolby 5.1 & it was the right price.
Sound quality : clear, but very underpowered for my taste.
ease of use : i found it simple to operate, but does have alot of useless features.
main gripe : when the unit powers down, or goes to standby...all the audio levels reset to 50%
running this unit at 50% is pointless, so all the individual channels need to be turned to 100% every time the unit powers up. with all the useless features, i cant believe it doesnt have the option to save the audio levels.

bottom line, if you are an audiphile, or enjoy shaking the walls with rich bass. this one is not for you.
if you just want something inexpensive to suppliment your HDTV, this might be the one.
on May 17, 2012
I am about to return my second unit in a week! I got this and it sounded ok for 2.5 days, then it started shorting out and the sound would no longer come out of the speakers. That was under normal use at about 25% volume while watching tv and movies. I just set up the replacement unit yesterday and the Right rear and Right Front speaker ports went out after one movie. This is a cheap piece of crap that is not worth the headache.
on June 30, 2013
Was a long service gift from my company (15 years). Connected in kids playroom. Worked great, watching a movie with the kids.. POP, smoke... Nothing... 20 minutes of enjoyment. Glad I didn't spend any money on this.
on July 15, 2012
I don't usually write reviews, but everything I've ever bought from RCA turned out to be very disappointing. I have had this unit for about 1 year and has performed way below expectations. The left speaker randomly just cuts off out of nowhere and won't come back on unless I turn off the power then turn it back on. This happens on a regular basis. Now when I turn it on it makes a loud POP, and goes completely dead. For a while I could just unplug it and it would eventually come back on. Now, however, it won't even come on. This is the last electronic thing I will ever buy from RCA.
on December 26, 2012
last Christmas I bought 2 rca home theater systems the first one lasted 2 weeks so I returned it and bought the next model up, 3 months later the second system also popped returned would only repair waited 12 weeks to get it back it lasted an other 2 months before braking to make a long story short 3 system +1 repair and none are now working buy sony they last forever
on May 19, 2012
I have purchased two of these in the past six months. Both gave me nothing but trouble before quiting altogether. I got the second one thinking, "The first was just a fluke." Nope, both were trash. Don't waste your money.
on May 21, 2016
We bought this to replace the RCA unit in our RV that gave up the ghost after years of service. Good sound and plenty of volume for our 40' 5th wheel. DVD player works fine with good sound and picture.
on December 4, 2015
I guess I knew it was a cheaper setup, I was looking for a surround sound system for my computer, definitely was not right for what I was trying to do. But overall, it does work, it sounds good. It would work well for a small room requires a tv to tell what the volume level is at.
on November 1, 2011
The price is ok for this home theatre. Im not impressed with the surround speakers...the speakers out of my samsung tv over powers them..the subwoofer i would give it a 2 star rating out of 5 stars. the controller feels cheap and flimsy...save your money and spend 20 bucks more and get a better name brand like samsung or sony. if you enjoy bass and good sound...stay away.
on February 4, 2016
Its a good looking system but not as advertised. Not really happy but it looks good. Only plays DVD and it is not compatible with any other media format like DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD, CD-R/RW. The sound is not clear but you can hear it well. Does not have Bass and Tremble controls. It may be designed to work with an amplifier.