Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on July 23, 2011
I don't write reviews, but i would have liked to hear an opinion or 2 about this unit before purchasing it.
first, if you can afford a better unit, go for it.
this was purchased simply for the dolby 5.1 & it was the right price.
Sound quality : clear, but very underpowered for my taste.
ease of use : i found it simple to operate, but does have alot of useless features.
main gripe : when the unit powers down, or goes to standby...all the audio levels reset to 50%
running this unit at 50% is pointless, so all the individual channels need to be turned to 100% every time the unit powers up. with all the useless features, i cant believe it doesnt have the option to save the audio levels.

bottom line, if you are an audiphile, or enjoy shaking the walls with rich bass. this one is not for you.
if you just want something inexpensive to suppliment your HDTV, this might be the one.
0Comment34 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2012
I am about to return my second unit in a week! I got this and it sounded ok for 2.5 days, then it started shorting out and the sound would no longer come out of the speakers. That was under normal use at about 25% volume while watching tv and movies. I just set up the replacement unit yesterday and the Right rear and Right Front speaker ports went out after one movie. This is a cheap piece of crap that is not worth the headache.
on June 30, 2013
Was a long service gift from my company (15 years). Connected in kids playroom. Worked great, watching a movie with the kids.. POP, smoke... Nothing... 20 minutes of enjoyment. Glad I didn't spend any money on this.
on July 15, 2012
I don't usually write reviews, but everything I've ever bought from RCA turned out to be very disappointing. I have had this unit for about 1 year and has performed way below expectations. The left speaker randomly just cuts off out of nowhere and won't come back on unless I turn off the power then turn it back on. This happens on a regular basis. Now when I turn it on it makes a loud POP, and goes completely dead. For a while I could just unplug it and it would eventually come back on. Now, however, it won't even come on. This is the last electronic thing I will ever buy from RCA.
11 comment17 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2012
last Christmas I bought 2 rca home theater systems the first one lasted 2 weeks so I returned it and bought the next model up, 3 months later the second system also popped returned would only repair waited 12 weeks to get it back it lasted an other 2 months before braking to make a long story short 3 system +1 repair and none are now working buy sony they last forever
on May 19, 2012
I have purchased two of these in the past six months. Both gave me nothing but trouble before quiting altogether. I got the second one thinking, "The first was just a fluke." Nope, both were trash. Don't waste your money.
on November 1, 2011
The price is ok for this home theatre. Im not impressed with the surround speakers...the speakers out of my samsung tv over powers them..the subwoofer i would give it a 2 star rating out of 5 stars. the controller feels cheap and flimsy...save your money and spend 20 bucks more and get a better name brand like samsung or sony. if you enjoy bass and good sound...stay away.
on February 19, 2013
We've had this unit for about a year now. Living in a small house where the living room is only about 20 x 16, this is about right. I wouldn't say it's for "audiophiles" or if you want to shake the house while playing a Schwarzenegger flick or something, but for watching most movies and TV in a small place, it's terrific. We do NOT use the DVD player any more, but have it hooked up to a blueray/wifi box. The speakers on our 42" Coby TV are pitiful, and this box fills the need perfectly.
on March 25, 2015
terrible system, very poor quality and now after about 9 months the DVD player doesn't work and one of my DVD's is stuck inside it.

do not buy this piece of crap.....
on September 30, 2014
This does NOT have the digital AM/FM tuner as stated. We returned it as we MUST have the tuner.