5.0 out of 5 stars Why all this hate?
I have no clue why everybody else is complaining about this system breaking very easily, it's held up just fine for me and I've had it for over a month. It's nice and loud and clean sounding, great picture quality for just an AV video output, and it looks great. Very powerful receiver too, can possibly handle a 100W 10in sub at 4ohms.
Published 9 months ago by Noah

3.0 out of 5 stars Chinsy
Published on March 21, 2011 by Siggma

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Chinsy, March 21, 2011
This review is from: RCA RTD3133H Home Theater (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
This is a low quality entry level 5.1 home theatre/DVD player. It plays DVDs OK and comes with 5 incredibly cheezy speakers along with plenty of wire to string them around. The Optical input is not fully compatible with Windows S/PDIF output. It DOES NOT Support DTS input although it plays DTS DVDs ok (via conversion). It supports Dolby input ONLY at up to 48KHz on the optical input cable so be aware. It does not support optical PCM or DTS decoding.

The remote works fine and it does have composite outputs to properly render anamorphic and widescreen DVDs on an HD television. If all you want is a DVD player with better than stereo audio it's a good buy. If you expect to use as an SPDIF amplifier with windows, find another decoder.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buttons didnt work, February 14, 2011
Got it in the mail super quick, opened it and set up the player...buttons didn't work. Had to get the remote to turn it on and work it. Sent it back. Looked like a good product but it ruined me from getting another one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Got what I paid for. A piece of junk!, February 9, 2011
Got this item 4 days ago and when I installed it the DVD door did not open. Tried several times and still was not opening. Very dissapointed. Returned the item back for a full refund.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok so heres the deal, December 29, 2011
this system isn't the worst but definitively not the best. if you upgrade the center speakers and the sub woofer it would be ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why all this hate?, January 4, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!, January 4, 2011
i purchased this item as my mothers christmas presen. i got it later then after amazon said, i could handle that. when i recived it, the dvd tray would not open and it made a loud grinding noise. once again DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very very cheaply made, March 28, 2014
Price was good made very cheap and it was not shielded properly, so you would get interference by other electronics, only works if you have a room that needs a very cheaply made stereo, and nothing but a TV in said room, if you have another DVD player or video game system, they will have to be turned off or you will get staitic and buzzing

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best but I got what it's worth, January 19, 2013
Since it was used, I don't have much to say about packaging and cleanliness - they could be better. All parts arrived and upon testing all work. Sound control is a bit lacking - you can't put it lower than 55-60 dB. Also I had to take each speaker volume by -10 dB (fortunately there is a control for that) to make woofer stand out more. Otherwise looks fine and plays fine. A lot of mid-tones. Slight white noise when nothing is playing. Has aux input and display dimmer. I haven't tried it yet with classical music but rock sounds ok.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy any RCA Home Systems. Save your money., October 26, 2012
Buy another brand!
I have owned this RCA product for about 10 months and have only used to watch 4 movies. When it worked, it was fine. I keep my electronics in great condition, so human error was not a factor -I haven't dropped it, abused it, or plugged it in incorrectly.

Pros: (1) When it works, it's fine. Nice for home theater.

Cons: (1) It stopped working after a few months (in my case after the second movie). The dvd would play for 15secs-2 mins, then the screen would freeze and the tv would lose the input.
(2) When the unit freezes, all buttons on the DVD player do not work. The only way to unfreeze it, is to remove the power cord and plug it back in. Plugging it back in doesn't guarantee it will work. After multiple freezes, I have managed to watch only 4 movies to completion in the 10 months.
(3) The surround system is useless once the DVD player is broken. No other standalone DVD player will accommodate the primitive wiring of the speakers. You would have to buy another surround sound system.
(4) Other customers have also complained about how it stops working suddenly. There has to be a manufacturing defect. Please read ALL the reviews on this product before you buy it. Observe how many people comment that it stops working suddenly.

Save your money! Don't buy any RCA home theater systems.

1.0 out of 5 stars HMMMMMMMMMMMMM, July 30, 2012
i have used this item maybe 6 times in almost 2 years and then my husband put his Volbeat CD I bought him from Amazon (for Christmas) in it. Well we can't get it open now so we got screwed out of a surround sound and a great cd the more I use my things from this place the more they start to break I not only go on here to buy things for me but for my family as well I have spent a lot of money at Amazon and it's really starting to annoy me by how they don't say well you ordered this brand not this and it just goes on and on I hate to be a complainer but look at my purchase I spend good money on this site and it back fires on the 5th or 6th time anything is used and I have to eat it due to whatever the procedure is So ok I have to eat it the DVD player is screwed I still have the speakers can I buy another Dvd player to fit my speakers haven't found one yet!!!!!!!!! Buy an expensive one or go to a store where you can talk to someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

RCA RTD3133H Home Theater (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
$149.99 $107.38
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.