4.0 out of 5 stars sound around
Good system for a first time user of surround sound. Not as loud as most surround
systems,but pretty good if you don't want anything too loud. Good for games.
Published on January 20, 2011 by David Collins

1.0 out of 5 stars A Piece of Junk
Published on May 5, 2011 by P. Kanervikkoaho

4.0 out of 5 stars sound around, January 20, 2011
This review is from: RCA RTD316Wi DVD Home Theater System with Dock for iPod (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
systems,but pretty good if you don't want anything too loud. Good for games.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Piece of Junk, May 5, 2011
Do not waste your money on this cheap electronic item. I have had it since January 2011 and it has been a disaster ever since February. The IPOD docking station is flimsy and does not always work. You have to hook up tiny wires into the back of the unit for the speakers, it is 1970's technology. The AM/FM antenna is also very cheap and made of thin plasic. I wish I had spent more money on a better model and it is too late for me to return this cheaply made junk.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest, but okay for the money, June 5, 2012
The sound is not great, and remote has to be at close to a 90 degree angle to work well, but for the money it is okay for a bedroom. Don't get it for the family room, though.

2.0 out of 5 stars rca rtd31631wi dvd, November 12, 2011
tuner very poor reception,instuction poor at best ,waste of money over all.I was really sad that Amazon would allow this stuff on the market.I did make the speckers work and did get the DVD workable,the i pod device is crap.

3.0 out of 5 stars How do I go about getting a new FM antenna for this, October 16, 2011
I lost the one that came with the package, and since than I had to rely on my alarm clock for fm radio! I can't find a replacement antenna for this anywhere! As far as tje rest os concerned, VERY disappointed that the ipod component won't acknowldege the video playlists, or any of the podcasts I've got on it, other than that, I have no complains! Where do I find the kind of FM Antenna for this device?? I tried radio shack and the closest thing they've got is a telescope thing you have that comes with a screw, and that doesn't work!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Dissapointed, August 30, 2011
I bought this for my girlfriend for Christmas. The initial setup was easy, the sound quality was acceptable for watching movies in surround sound and the FM/CD sound was good. Additionally, it upscaled DVD's with the use of an HDMI cable. However, that's where the positives ended.

After watching a movie, the entire system would just shut down unexpectedly. I thought maybe it was a fluke, so I unplugged the system, plugged it back in and resumed the movie. Then it happened again. And again. We could not watch a movie straight through without the system just shutting off. This was over a period of a couple of weeks so it wasn't just an isolated event.

After having to reset the system, the user is forced to reset all of the features, including fine tuning the volume for each speaker. This was a horrible pain in the you-know-what.

Like two other reviewers said, the audio would just cut out completely during quiet passesges. It's as if the decoder determined that the low frequency sounds were just noise and blocked them all together.

Fortunately Amazon has a hassle free return policy and I was able to get a full refund. I then bought my girlfriend a Sony which works GREAT!

4.0 out of 5 stars Home Theater, August 5, 2011
Has good quality sound and has some great features. Problem is can't plug into you TV and satalite to have surround sound for both. But for the price it works great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusable receiver, July 6, 2011
The sound quality is flat and unimpressive at its best when you can hear it - but like another reviewer mentioned this system cuts off all audio when your input is quiet. When watching a movie for instance, if the characters are whispering it just cuts the audio completely and you hear silence. Even the background music drops out between sentences, creating a stuttering choppy audio experience that is frustrating to say the least. Cranking the volume up does nothing other than create louder highs and even more obnoxious chop. I purchased this system to replace an old cassette-tape adapter stereo that I was given in the early 1990s, and I sorely regret doing so. My PC audio sounded infinitely better using that old piece of crap than with this. Do not buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this!, June 2, 2011
I kick myself every day for buying this worthless pile of crap. For the same amount of money, I could have purchased something that was actually usable. The speakers are tiny, the "subwoofer" is a flimsy joke and the sound system seems to have a built in noise gate - if something gets a little too quiet, it cuts out and you hear nothing at all. I found speakers in the garbage can in the alleyway that were a marked improvement to those that came with this system. Now I am stuck with this, and I don't see how anyone would ever buy this from me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good...for the price, March 13, 2011
I would have given 5 stars but the remote control is pretty crappy while using it with the iPod dock. But other than that, it's pretty good.
BTW shipping was pretty quick. Ordered on a Saturday got it that following Wednesday...and I live in Puerto Rico's central mountains area..