5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of sound.
My wife got this for me as a birthday present. I was very please with it. Sounds quality is great, almost shakes the pictures off our walls. I have my video games and cable tv running through it and it works great. I haven't not had any problems with it at all. I would recommend it to other people if they are looking for a decent surround sound.
Published on January 3, 2011 by Annonymous

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
Published on March 9, 2010 by Stace Karussos

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of sound., January 3, 2011
This review is from: RCA RTD615i DVD Home Theater System with Dock for iPod (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, March 9, 2010
The system was not very expensive, but you can tell. The iPod dock is why I bought it, but it wouldn't play most of my playlists because they were too big. The wires for the speakers are connected. You can't disconnect them. I haven't seen anything like it since I had a boombox in the 1980's. I haven't played a DVD or CD yet. I assume it works OK. The sound is not that bad. If you want something more sophisticated, you have to pay for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad buy, February 28, 2012
Lee (Kentucky) - See all my reviews
We bought this system in spite of warnings that it wasn't very good. It worked beautifully for a year, then just as the warranty expired, it stopped working completely. It will turn on and say "Welcome," nothing more. This leaves me with no speakers for my CD player which I listen to most of the time. The technician we contacted told us to unplug it for two hours, then press the off/on button ten or twelve times with it off, and turn it back on. Nothing.
We really think this sytem should have lasted longer than 12 1/2 months.

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound quality, Upsetting DVD system, January 21, 2010
I purchased this as a Christmas gift, after having it set up it was disappointing to find that the DVD player would not play all DVDs and it would pause and need to be re-booted to start up. There was absolutely no problem with the sound, the surround sound system was excellent, and the iPod deck was very convenient, it was unfortunate that the DVD player had a glitch in it. Fortunately it was within the refund period and customer service at Ritz Camera was very accommodating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Home Theater for any device you want to sound it with!, February 23, 2011
First, I must complain, this was the first ever device purchased from Amazon that I got with a defect; the DVD tray won't open... I bought this for a client, I liked the sound quality so I'm getting another one for me and replace the client's receiver with my new one, crossing fingers... Now with the facts you care:

Something no one ever post on reviews of these DVD Home Theaters: this indeed will work with your current Blu-ray player. Since it has Optical Digital cable input, you can connect it from the receiver to the Blu-ray via Optical cable and it will deliver full 5.1 sorround, great with Inception! The bad thing is, since is not 7.1, Blu-rays that won't have the 5.1 sound option on it, you won't hear a thing.

Button line, via optical cable this will work on your Blu-ray, HDTV or any other device with this source, or, you can use the component cables, just make sure you buy an optical cable and extra HDMI with this device.

It sounds great in a 3.5m x 3.5m living room. It will hook up to Blu-ray player, altough you won't get sound with 7.1 audio sources.

Hope this can help those who can not pay [...] or more for a Home Theater, like myself.

3.0 out of 5 stars RCA Home Theatre, February 15, 2010
We purchase this unit for our RV. We mostly use it for watching movies while traveling. And it works well for this. We were disappointed that our MP3 player, not an Ipod, won't plug directly onto the base. So we must cable our MP3 player using a standard cable to the Aux input.

There is an annoying cooling fan that runs the entire time the unit is on and it can be heard except when the volume is turned up for movie watching. At low volume levels the fan noise is objectionable.

We have connected an FM antenna, but get virtually no reception. This may be the result of a poor, automotive type antenna. We may try a powered FM antenna next.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy!!!, July 11, 2013
A recall is needed, DVD player doesn't open and power won't stay on. It's crap!!!!!! You get what you pay for!

3.0 out of 5 stars It works (so far), June 5, 2013
The sound is nice. I don't like that I am unable to use the click wheel on my Ipod. If I can I haven't figured out how to do it yet.
t

5.0 out of 5 stars overall good, March 28, 2013
I bought this system a while ago and I haven't regret it yet. I Like that is simple to hook up, pretty loud, and the fact that I can hook
it up with my iPod or iPhone. This system is simple (at least to me it is) not for ppl who are looking for theater systems with more advanced features such as bluetooh, wireless, wifi, or any kind of advanded technologies. just to let ppl know.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this item, November 21, 2012
You get what you pay for for, cheap. Wase of money. Sound sucks. The speakers are no good, no clear sound.