4.0 out of 5 stars 4 years and its still working.
Pros:
-This MP3 player is extremely durable. I have dropped in a concrete, from a 2 story building(funny story actually), to marble, tile, and wood surfaces and it still plays my music perfectly. Maybe a 100 drops in all.
-USB connector really come in handy. Better than keeping a cord.
-Small size make it easy to put in pocket.
-Awesome recording...
Published on August 25, 2012 by Trayton Williams

2.0 out of 5 stars This should have been recalled. Poor quality.
A word to the wise: Don't buy this trash! Millions of customers have a problem with "memory exceeded, please remove a few files" error.

Published on March 5, 2011 by Craig McMenusi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars This should have been recalled. Poor quality., March 5, 2011
This review is from: RCA TH1702 2GB thumbdrive style MP3 player (Personal Computers)

If you put too many files on the RCA Pearl, it will tell you to remove files and then immediately shut down without allowing you a chance to remove files. The problem is that the error causes it not to be seen by your computer and the buttons on the player are unresponsive. What good is an MP3 player that won't play MP3s?

This should have been recalled for poor quality. Even when this junk worked, it's menu was quite difficult to use and poorly organized. This product is a complete waste of money. If you buy this you will so regret it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, buy a Sansa or IPod, December 11, 2009
The only plus for this MP3 player is the size, it's very small and can fit in a pocket. It does have a clip, but the clip is so cheaply made and comes off very easily so that you would not want to use it because you could lose the MP3 player. I do like the direct USB connectivity however. I do not like the battery, it should have a rechargable battery, instead you must constantly change batteries. Also you cannot add memory. I would not recommend this item. For the price, buy a Sansa Fuze, which is very comparable to an Ipod.

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising, August 29, 2009
RCA TH1802 2 GB Pearl MP3 Player With FM Radio
This product does not have the SD expansion slot, which I purposely bought the product for. I had to send it back. I am surprise this is still listed as having this capability. Why is this still being advertised as such?

1.0 out of 5 stars Not pleased., January 5, 2011
This item is junk. The thing is small and portable. That is the only thing it has going for it. It comes preloaded with a chapter from a couple of books no one would listen to if given a choice. The buttons are unresponsive. The battery case looks like if you had to change them very often it would break. I have had it only a couple of hours and am already fed up with it. I am taking it back. If i could give it a zero I would. Live and learn look up the review before purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 years and its still working., August 25, 2012
Pros:
-USB connector really come in handy. Better than keeping a cord.
-Small size make it easy to put in pocket.
-Awesome recording system.

ConS:
-Clip broke in the first month.
-Battery dies a lot. I got fed up and bought rechargeables.
-USB has stopped working CORRECTLY, due to drops, it just play music on without battery now.
-It says on the box right beside me 600 songs BUT ITS A LIE. I MAXED at 287.
-Favorites never save permanently.

I recommend it to anyone who likes things that last some time and can be dropped multiple times without breaking. OTHERWISE, you get what you pay for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk Item, July 14, 2011
I bought this at Menards for $15. My previous MP3 player is running on 7 to 9 years old and I would use it still if it had room. 512MB was big ... not it's laughably small.

This worked great for a few weeks. Today, as I was doing dips, the device *bumped* the grip and stopped playing. Now ... the power button fails to work. If I hold it for a really long time the device will power up, so I can see every other button working great ... but the power button does not work when pressed, so I cannot go to the menu.

The only reason I am here writing a review is because I am looking for a new MP3 player. Buy something else, especially at the price they are on here.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good until it stopped playing, May 29, 2011
I bought this last year and it was playing well until one day, it just stopped working. It wasnt the batteries either. After ready other online reviews of this Mp3 player, its low end and others have complained their pearl just decided to stop working. Oh well, time to get a new Mp3 player...not a Pearl.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pros and Cons, April 9, 2011
M. Blakeslee (LA, CA United States) - See all my reviews
First off, my reason for getting an mp3 place was for listening to 3 or 4 disc long books on cd.
So, my response is geared towards that and not someone just ripping 1 cd at a time or downloading music off the net.
Also, my review is geared toward the mp3 pictured- that has physical, exposed buttons, and not the newer(?) version that has the buttons buried under the face and you push a spot or symbol on the face.
Pros:
price/availability- can purchase at walmart/I personally liked that it uses a battery and doesn't need to be recharged/
sound quality- I'm no audiophile, though/and, unlike a previous users experience, I have nothing but positive things to say about
their customer care department
Cons:
the newer version than the one pictured doesn't have physical buttons, but the buried kind
the biggest con to me is the easyrip software. although you can use windows media to do your work(which I highly recommend)
I kind of sucked myself into their software and had to throw in the towel. It seems like all these mp3 programs are like
excel spreadsheets (even windows media) and are always resorting what ever list I set up based on some "meta" or other data.
And easy rip, takes this, in my opinion, to the "T" ,and there is no way to disable this stuff.

Anyway, I thought the Pearl was decently made and there customer service was above par, but due to the organizing issues it became unusable to me. If you're buying, I'd recommend just using Windows Media, and no matter how tempted, don't use easyrip.

I have since bought a SanDisk Sansa Clip+, and using Windows Media player as the organizing software, have been able to get my files to play as I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars That Good I got to get two., January 22, 2011
mark (HONESDALE, PA, United States) - See all my reviews
The rca 1702 pearl is a good product along with great quality software.The product is lightweight clips easy to belt the sound is excellent and you can easily record fm radio for preset stations among the features also you can use it as a voice recorder to remember thoughts and ideas.and the software allows you to capture video sceeens on the desktop,transfer back nad forth between mp3 and computer ,record auido from the computer microphone,log into mp3 tunes (I haven't done this yet).also you recieve FREE 50 credits from emusic to download SELECT books or mp3's.
As far as the product itself goes a 5 year old could use it.Simple format. A+++

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!, March 16, 2014
Pros:
1. Battery operated. I don't like rechargeable MP3 players because I don't want to plug into to computer or outlet all the time. I just carry AAA rechargeable batteries and replace it whenever the battery goes out.
2. Small enough to fit in your pocket. iPhone is too big when I run or workout.
3. Not a touch screen. It's button operated, so I just push the buttons without taking it out from my pocket.
4. Battery lasts forever. I use it for a couple of hours everyday, but battery seems to last forever.
5. 2GB is enough to hold a lot of music. That's enough for me.
6. Durable. I dropped it several times, but it's holding up well.
7. Sound quality is amazing. I compared it with several other MP3 players and phones, but this one is one of the best.

Cons:
1. Songs that I added to Favorite disappear. It happens whenever I replace battery.
2. It needs some space to run operating system, so you have to leave some space on it. You can't fill up the disc all the way.
3. Very hard to search and navigate songs. It has a small screen, so it's not easy to search songs you want. I just set it to random play mode.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›