5.0 out of 5 stars It's not a full blown computer but great for other needs..
Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars RCA 7" 8GB memory
Published 13 months ago by AR

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not a full blown computer but great for other needs.., December 11, 2013
This review is from: RCA Tablet with 4GB Memory 7" | RCT6077W2 (Personal Computers)
I got this because my Kindle fire needs work done(not charging) I love it but didn't want to get another one cause I can get it fixed by a co worker. So I got the RCA to watch movies and shows, check e mail , read books and play games . It so far has done what I need it for. Love how light it is and I can tell that I should not have a problem with how the port for the charger will not fail like it has on my kindle fire. Color and sound is great.. I got mine at Wal Mart for 69.00 and think it was well worth the money. Just keep in mind it may be a PC tablet but will never replace a computer. So for reading,movie watching, games and FB it's great ..

3.0 out of 5 stars RCA 7" 8GB memory, January 21, 2014
Bought one of these, except it is an 8Gig, for my son for Christmas, at Walmart. Liked it so much I bought myself one. They work great. Reading reviews on tablets crack me up. People seem to think that these are a mini-Windows computer that are compact and $65-70 bucks. Get REAL! You CAN'T do all you can with a PC. That is not what you are buying for this price point. These do what they are supposed to do and haven't crashed once yet. Last year, I bought him a Coby, which was absolute junk. Constantly crashed or locked up. For this sort of a price, I do expect it to function properly and not crash.

My only advice is that a number of Google Apps, and other apps, such as the Charter Comm app, won't install. Some apps are only currently compatible with an Apple, Samsung Galaxy, B&B, and one other I don't remember off the top of my head. That isn't RCA's fault, it is the app developer. But that is just one more thing to consider, at this price point, all the apps may not be available yet (or ever, who knows). Again, if you want to guarantee all apps will work, you have to lay down $150-250. At this price, I can live with things.

UPDATE: Eventually, Charter app would install. BUT, like many other reviews, the battery life is horrendous. I get less than 30 minutes of usage. RCA only suggests shipping it to them. They won't provide or sell replacement batteries. Unfortunate, because it really is a great tablet for the price. I don't think I'd advise purchase (of a new one).

3.0 out of 5 stars Affordable, December 1, 2013
So far so good. Bought it for my son to play games. You get all the apps from Google play. Expand storage with a Micro SD card.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only worked for 2 weeks, June 20, 2014
I got two of these tablets at the same time for my kids. One works well however the other one stopped working after two weeks. The screen does not display correctly and does not respond or touch like it should. Im hoping to get the one replaced.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tammy 6150, February 19, 2014
This is the worse product I have ever brought all around. I brought 4 of the for grandkids for Christmas. One froze and two of the screens cracked within days.No room for storage..Just a bad product all around.I will never buy anything from rca again.

1.0 out of 5 stars IT sucked me on, September 22, 2014
DONT BUY IT! I bought mine about 5 months ago from walmart. IT sucked me on, it was cool looking and a good size and a decent price. It last about 5 months. after about 3 months it quit charging and i startted getting lines through the screen. Then it started shutting off by itself, even with it plugged in. It didnt charge but it kept it on until recently and just this morning i went to turn it on and the back was off and the battery was so expanded that i couldnt even get the back back on it. Horrible device if your gonna get a tablet save your money and find something thats worth the price. This WASNT!

3.0 out of 5 stars RCA, January 1, 2014
I ordered this tablet as a christmas gift for my brother. He says that he loves the tablet besides the fact that it freezes. If it wasn't for the freezing, the tablet would be a 5 star rating.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Waste of Money and They are Dangerous, August 22, 2014
We bought two of these tablets around Christmas one for me and one for my daughter. They began not keeping their charge around April and both of them began malfunctioning about the same time. We tried a re-set but mine was shot by May and my daughters worked on and off until July when it gave out completely. She tried to recharge it in Aug. and the battery blew up like a balloon and looked like it might explode. The battery packs are DANGEROUS thankfully no one was injured.. These tablets are NOT worth the money! Don't buy one. They will only last a few months and the battery packs are NOT repairable/replaceable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hold a charge, March 26, 2014
My 11 yr old got this for Christmas. .. it won't hold a charge. It runs dead after 30 minutes. Thought it was a good buy.... WRONG! Now his birthday is coming up & I'm going to pay more & get him a tablet he can enjoy.
I don't recommend this tablet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total waste of $$, January 17, 2014
TERRIBLE!! Do not buy. My daughter only has 3 games and the storage is already full. These RCA tablets come with so much crap already on them that it leaves no room for games. Bought an sd card and these tablets only allow pictures and music to be transferred to the cards. DUMB!!

RCA Tablet with 4GB Memory 7" | RCT6077W2