5.0 out of 5 stars Works
I used this to connect a dipole antenna to my stereo receiver... It works, what more can you ask? Party!!!
Published 22 months ago by Big Jim

3.0 out of 5 stars Order 2
I ordered 2 transformers and it was a good thing I did. The first one had a striped screw so it was tossed and the second one was ok and worked.
Published 9 months ago by Mark P

4.0 out of 5 stars good connector, July 30, 2013
This review is from: RCA Matching Transformer (Electronics)
Had no issues connecting this to FM dipole antenna. The screws are solid and well made and its priced just right

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, February 8, 2013
This review is from: RCA Matching Transformer (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars ESSENTIAL FOR YOUR FM CONNECTION TO YOUR POWER SOURCE, March 12, 2013
RCA Quality for Peanuts, March 12, 2013
Edit Review
Delete Review
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: RCA Matching Transformer (Electronics)
The FM reception in my hilly, secluded location is marginal. I needed a quality FM antenna to pull in the stations I care to receive, NPR in particular. Needing reception ASAP, and not yet certain which good antenna to buy, I went down the cheapo path as an interim solution. My Harman Kardon HK 3490 stereo receiver came with one of those cheapo, thin wire, make-do FM antennas delivering weak reception. I needed a better antenna and this RCA Matching Transformer to attach the antenna to the rear of my stereo receiver.

I ordered a cheapo Axis PET 8110 FM Dipole antenna and the RCA Matching Transformer adapter here on Amazon. This could get me by until I researched a better antenna such as the $35 Crane indoor antenna, or the $99.99999 (wink) Fanfare FM-2G indoor/outdoor antenna, or roof/attic mounted outdoor antenna. After receiving both items, I screwed the spade connectors of the Dipole FM antenna to the two connections on the RCA matching transformer, then pushed the RCA unit onto the FM connection on the back of my stereo receiver.

I turned on the receiver and selected FM mode. Instantly, reception was remarkably better...no background noise, many more stations were pulled in, including my two NPR stations and my two quality rock stations broadcasting from thirty miles away...my preferred FM sources. There was some audible background hiss, caused by too strong a signal, and that can be eliminated by using an RF (Radio Frequency) signal attenuator to REDUCE signal strength ($2) that I will investigate ASAP. Damn, if it's not one thing it's another...first, not enough of one thing, then you get too much of what you needed, lol.

I did need to play around with positioning the antenna, but dialed it in just fine by mounting it vertically on the wall, hiding it along the edge of a bookcase, though this has little to do with the RCA transformer adapter itself. Being fussy about quality sound, I will try another antenna and hope that the higher price will give even better reception. In any event, I will still need this RCA Matching Transformer adapter to connect an upgraded dipole antenna, unless I go with a coaxial connected omnidirectional indoor antenna, or a roof or attic mounted outdoor antenna that will also require a coaxial connection, then I will have no need for this RCA Matching Transformer. With computer audio, you can just stream FM with no need for an antenna, but this old, analog method still has its charms.

Good product, and I recommend it...made by RCA, what can you say? Blue Jeans Cable online might have a higher quality version of this.

For feedback or questions, please respond in the Comment section below...I would be glad to help. I hope this was helpful to you and if so, please click "Yes" on "Was this review helpful to you?" below this.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MY BLOG: thegoodstuffreviews.blogspot.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, April 22, 2013
This review is from: RCA Matching Transformer (Electronics)
Cheap and effective. Plugged it in to my stereo, ran some old speaker wire to it. Voila!! Got FM now.

4.0 out of 5 stars good price, March 9, 2013
This review is from: RCA Matching Transformer (Electronics)
if you need it, it fills the bill. good price too.thats it. thats it. thats it. thats it. don't require a minimum number of words!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what your di-pole antenna needs, March 24, 2014
Aragorn the Traveler (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RCA Matching Transformer (Electronics)
Hello fellow geeks. We are an elite group to even be here looking for a transformer/adapter. This was the component that allowed me to connect my di-pole antenna to my FM receiver. If this is what you're looking for, then this works perfectly well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect for what I needed it for, July 9, 2014
This review is from: RCA Matching Transformer (Electronics)
Absolutely perfect for what I needed it for.

I recently found an old TI-99 computer system and needed an adapter to hook it up to the TV. Works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars It performed the job nicely, even though my reception still sucks, July 9, 2014
This review is from: RCA Matching Transformer (Electronics)
I live in the mountains, in a small valley. I was hoping to improve my FM with this connector. It performed the job nicely, even though my reception still sucks, but that's not a fault of the product, just my choice of housing location.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adapts (75 ohm) to flat antenna leads(300 ohm)?, June 22, 2014
This review is from: RCA Matching Transformer (Electronics)
Only after radical repositioning of the Axis PET 10-8110 Fm Dipole Antenna did the reception on my 75 ohm receiver using this product come in strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yup!, June 21, 2014
This review is from: RCA Matching Transformer (Electronics)
Works perfectly with the Axis PET 10-8110 FM Dipole Antenna that was also purchased at the same time. I have an c.1856 cast iron front building with pressed brass ceilings so my radio reception was spotty at best. Using this RCA transformer with the Antenna mentioned can pull in all the stations I want or need.

RCA Matching Transformer