CAN I READ KINDLE BOOKS ON BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
asked by MARYANN YOUNGBLOOD on October 25, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
Yes, but you'll have to download kindle reader. There isn't a version of kindle reader available in Blackberry store, but you can get it from http://goodereader.com/apps/. They have a program that converts android apps to a format compatible with the Playbook (However, not all of them work properly). You have to install it in your computer and then transfer the app to your Playbook. Once you have it installed, you can buy books directly form your tablet.
Blackberry has other e-readers in its store, but most of them can't run Kindle's format.
trainmaster answered on October 25, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, you can read kindle books on the playbook. Your playbook must run OS 2.0. Their is a builtin android player that can run converted kindle apps. Www.goodereaders.com have a section of android converted apps for playbook and the tool to side load them from your pc to playbook via usb connection. Same way you copy music to a mp3 player.

So. 4 things required

1- playbook running playbook OS 2.0
2- usb cable
3- www.gooderader site - download tool for side loading and kindle bar file
4- pc or laptop running windows
Tom K answered on October 27, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Two ways. First, if the Kindle book is not DRM protected (controlled access), Playbook has a couple of book readers than can read them, the 99 cent one is called Reader for Epub and Kindle books. Second, Amazon has an app called the Kindle Cloudreader that supports the Playbook which will allow access to protected books. However, unlike the regular Kindle app it's not perfect and the user has to make a few adjustments to make it work. Hopefully one day, Amazon will release a full pledged Kindle app for the Blackberry Playbook since they already support the Blackberry smartphones.
Ted Rosauro answered on October 26, 2012
Comments (2) | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't have the browser that allows me to download the kindle app...
bob nerbovig answered on May 9, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, you can read kindle books on the playbook. Your playbook must run OS 2.0. Their is a builtin android player that can run converted kindle apps. Www.goodereaders.com have a section of android converted apps for playbook and the tool to side load them from your pc to playbook via usb connection. Same way you copy music to a mp3 player.

So. 4 things required

1- playbook running playbook OS 2.0
2- usb cable
3- www.gooderader site - download tool for side loading and kindle bar file
4- pc or laptop running windows
Tom K answered on October 27, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, although not with a true Kindle app yet, and therefore requiring either another type of app (such as: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/50823/?lang=en ), or one of the tech-based workarounds available online (you'll find several with an Internet search).
Cartridge Buyer answered on October 25, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
That depends on what do you mean saying "kindle books". Playbook is naturally capable of dealing with .pdf format (which I believe to be the most convenient of them all). There are lots of apps available for Playbook to read various other e-book formats but I personally prefer to use Calibre (that's free PC application that allows you to convert basically any existing e-book format into any format) to transform all non-pdf books into .pdf and then use built-in Acrobat Reader (for me it's easier than dealing with a dozen of different formats plus it's free and comes with your Playbook so you don't have to install anything).
Arseny answered on October 25, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, you can - sideload the app
Amazon Customer answered on October 30, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have heard that people are able too, and the people I know that have say that you tube has step by step instructions on how to do so.
amurphy8 answered on October 26, 2012

A
If Kindle has an Android App then yes you can, because it has an Android Player. It also has a nice e-reader of its own, with Kobo books. I thoroughly enjoy the app, but at the same time I'm not a heavy reader. Plus there are always work arounds.
JPSKILLZ answered on October 25, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›