RELIGION AND VIOLENCE; DO THEY GO HAND IN HAND?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 26, 2006 6:07:49 AM PDT
General Introduction to the Topic: (By Philip W. Henry/Rialto,CA (Philz45@Yahoo.com)
There is a lot of "BuZZ" going on these days about the relationship between religion and violence. Just pick up a newspaper or look at a news webpage: "Isreal Bombs Damascus; UN Observers Killed," "Shiites Attack Suni Mosque/" etc.,etc., What's going on here? As someone once famously said, "Can't we all get along"?

SUGGESTIONS: Recent books on the subject;
AMAZON>COM resources like Reviews, Lists, and Guides,and so forth. If interested go to my Profile Page and see my guide on understanding religious violence. Philip w. Henry. Look forward to discussion~

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2006 1:24:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2006 1:25:27 PM PDT
I think that this is a very important topic to understand given today's global climate. I too have reviews, lists and guides on this topic. You can click on my profile for these.

Avalos' book on this topic provides a humanistic and empircist perspective, while many others are religious insiders. He approaches the topic of religion and violence using the scarce resource theory while others approach the topic differently. Recognizing the perspectives of each author and the way they approach the discussion of religion and violence is necessary in order to grasp a holistic understanding of the topic.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jul 26, 2006
Latest post:  Jul 26, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fighting Words: The Origins Of Religious Violence
Fighting Words: The Origins Of Religious Violence by Hector Avalos (Hardcover - April 8, 2005)
3.3 out of 5 stars   (13)