Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 14, 2008
I've only had the product for 3 weeks, but I think the measured breathing has lowered my blood pressure. I'm still on medication, but my readings in the middle of the afternoon, when my readings are usually higher (in the 145/80 range) have been in the 115/63 range now. So I'm going to give it another week and take my readings to the doc to see if I can cut back on the medications. I had to call the product specialist line several times because I was over-doing some things, but if this little device can lower my blood pressure w/o medication, great!! Don't like taking pills. If I can continue with these lower readings w/o the medications, I'll give it a 5-Star.
on June 27, 2012
I bought this more as a guided meditation device than to lower bp, although it does that as well. I really enjoy the sessions- it's extremely relaxing and helps me unwind. My bp is way lower after a session than before. I think it's a great alternative to meds and although it's expensive it pays for itself over time. Could I get the same benefits from a meditation practice? Probably, but I find this easier to stick with since it gives you feedback after each session.
on January 28, 2009
My Resparate works great, and is helping significantly. It is a good product. Customer support is good. No problems yet, but after years of use some parts may need to be replaced. This is a relaxing and effective way to maintain BP health. Seven clinical studies establish its effectiveness, and it is working for me.

I recommend this product without reservations.
on April 2, 2009
I purchased this product because I did not want to be on blood pressure medicine, but unfortunately I have to be. I still plan on using this product as an added addition to maintain good health. I especially am found of the product at the end of a stressful day. Going through the breathing exercises by visualizing and concentrating on the tone I noticed aids in sleeping and clear mind. I highly recommend this product and if it it keeps you from being placed on medication it is a good investment and defintely helps with those stressful days. The rebate is a good incentive to try the product.
on March 22, 2015
I've had two Resperate devices, both of which the sound Jack quit working after only a few months use. The first time I was able get a replacement one, the second one, after much effort I was able to speak to a Customer Service rep who told me they'd replace it again. That's been a month ago.
I can't talk to anyone because now their phone has been disconnected!

I have the strong feeling I've been Swindled! I'm out the cost of the unit plus the cost of shipping it back TWICE so they've stolen about $200 from me! I'm guessing the company has folded, but that doesn't mean they're not going to try to get rid of their faulty stock.
on June 22, 2015
I thought at first it was going to work well but then with continuing use I was not getting any needed improvement. The program has the intended goal of lowering your breathing rate which it seemed to be teaching. But with the time being lengthened for each breath I was frustrated with the difficulty of determining the breath-in tone from other tones that I thought was breath out but it wasn't.Although I was getting an efficiency rate of about 57% it was not helping my blood pressure. I was since prescribed a hot eye compress over each eye for a dry eye problem to be done twice a day for 15 minutes and it was also dropping down the blood pressure so I am not likely to use the resperate method. ASIN:B00007N0Y3E, See the book by Dr Herbert Benson "The Relaxion Response" for simple thought procedures during the 15 minutes.,
on June 26, 2010
I have been using Resperate for about 3.5 weeks now. It has lowered my blood pressure slightly. However, I use it every night and it always helps me fall asleep with ease. I try not to fall asleep while using it because it will take longer to lower my blood pressure, but it's wonderful to use for relaxing after a long day.
on March 15, 2011
I am a male "senior citizen" in generally good health.

I own a home blood pressure monitor (Omron HEM 711DX) purchased from Amazon. Some months ago, I noticed that my top blood pressure number was frequently over 150, too high even for my age (the bottom number has never been an issue).

I started by reading virtually everything I could find on the web about "hypertension" (high blood pressure).

My ultimate observation was that most of the articles appeared either to be copied from other articles; or were essentially paid-for endorsements for medication, devices or processes (meditation/hypnosis DVDS and books); or might be good for general health but not necessarily related to blood pressure (DASH diet). Most had very little if any statistical basis behind their recommendations. Indeed, I was amazed at how little solid information there seemed to be about bringing down blood pressure levels and how much was apparently recycled or based on trial and error.

After a physical exam and consultation, my doctor suggested a major reduction in my salt intake (goodbye to - Chinese takeout; fast-food `burgers and fries; "salty" snacks; bacon; lox; all restaurant soups; etc). With this diet change plus the few pounds it took off, my top number dropped to the 135-140 range most of the time and it stuck there.

I had read about Resperate on the web. Although some reviewers said it was "too expensive" compared to co-payments for medication, my sense was that virtually anything that could lower my blood pressure but do no real harm was preferable to medication with its doctor's visits and potential side effects. When one of the major warehouse stores with a liberal return policy had a mail-order Resperate sale, I decided to buy one.

I had hoped Resperate would take perhaps 10 points off the top blood pressure number; for me, that would have been a spectacular result.

However, this did not happen. As best I can determine, Resperate did absolutely nothing at all either to or for my blood pressure!

I used Resperate every day for a month. I usually had 13 or 14 minutes in the "under 10 breaths per minute" zone with a final rate between 4.8 and 5.5. The other numbers were also good. Last week, I spoke with the company who confirmed that I was doing everything according to instructions.

My conclusions are:

-Slow, deep breathing for 10 to 15 minutes per day may have its own benefits, but the link between that activity and blood pressure is tenuous at best. I know it is not possible to keep all other variables constant, but I took my blood pressure enough times during the day to see that there was no significant pattern change while using Resperate, even in the last week.

-While some reviewers said that the "relaxation" alone from using Resperate may have lowered their blood pressure, I personally found that having to breathe in and out on queue was stressful, not relaxing. Even after a month, I didn't like using it. For me, it was not a form of meditation.

The Resperate machine seems to be a well made and well thought out device; mechanically, it is fine; the documentation is good; there is customer support - all of which combined to move it up from the lowest or 1* rating.

The 2* rating above reflects performance of the product; it didn't do what it was supposed to do - lower my blood pressure.

Since, as noted, I bought the Resperate from a warehouse store with a liberal return policy, it is going back for a refund.
on August 12, 2012
I read all about this item and was looking to buy it but it was a bit expensive so I began looking on ebay for used ones. No luck. Then I had a bright idea and decided to check to see if they make an ap for the iphone that does the same thing. They do! It's $4.99 and works great. When I use it, my blood pressure goes down by 20 points.
on February 15, 2015
I've tried two other makes of these blood pressure lowering devices. This is probably the best of the three. The only problem with it, they only last about a year and a half. this time I bought two.