Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Size: 19-40 Inch|Style: Swingout/Articulating|Change

on September 9, 2010
This sucker is very well made and worth the money. Installs into a single stud with four bolts and minimal effort. Took about 20 minutes to install by my lonesome. Just make sure you fully drill your pilot holes first. Once mounted I tested it with about 200 lbs. of pressure and it didn't even budge. I plan on purchasing another one for my other TV. Here are a couple of things to take into consideration prior to mounting your TV:

1. See the four fins that stick out of the center square? They are required to mount most VESA pattern TV's. Because these fins practically sit flush with the tv once mounted, make sure you know where your tv's power connection is. One of these fins covered my connection and I had to route the cord underneath which was really no big deal (unless you discover this too late like I did).

2. When measuring the thread depth of the tv with the provided thread depth indicator, the directions neglect to tell you to take into consideration the width if the fins as well as the square washer (which I did not use) in determining appropriate bolt size.

3. This mount extends quite far from the wall. Make sure your cables have the extra length to accomodate.

That's all!! No problems!!

Enjoy!
on January 13, 2013
First, let's hit the positives. This thing is built like a tank. And by that I mean that I think I could hang a tank from the mount on the wall and not worry about it falling down, ever. The bolts that hold to the wall were probably 1/4" diameter, and so large that I felt that I needed (and did) pre-drill on the stud before installing. The weight of the mount alone is almost what the TV that I have mounted to it weights. If I ever need a mount for a large TV (I felt mounting a 32" in the basement gym with this thing was wasting its abilities), this would be a contender.

Now, for the negatives. There are no cable mounts included, so plan on fashioning something to keep the cables out of the way. I used a couple of loose zip ties to accomplish this, but compared to another mount I bought that came with two wire clips, I was disappointed this one didn't come with them. The other aspect of this particular mount that I didn't like was that the arm wouldn't fully retract. This is due to the large end bolts that fasten the TV bracket to the arm. Consequently, the TV won't sit as tightly against the wall as another mount I purchased. It's a minor inconvenience, but one that a slightly modified design would allow, and which is worth noting.

All in all, though, this thing will support just about whatever you ever want to hang from it, and not even break a sweat doing it.
on January 2, 2012
I was really excited about getting a mount for our new TV for so much less than similar mounts sell for at the big box stores. But, I would not recommend getting this for a 55 inch TV. This one seemed to work great for the first few months, but then after a while we noticed that our TV was no longer pointed toward the couch, but toward the floor, right in front of the couch. We have a 55 inch Toshiba (LCD HDTV-55HT1U). The weight without the stand is 67.9 pounds, which is well under the 100 pounds that this mount is rated for. My husband and I re-aimed the TV and tightened the mount as much as possible. We try not to move the TV or touch it unless absolutely necessary, because when we do it tends to move so that it is pointed downward a bit more. We don't want to have to keep fixing it and tightening it. We just never feel like we can get it as tight as we'd like. We tighten it and immediately it is susceptible to moving downward.

We have a small child, so we purchased this out of safety concerns. I just felt better with the TV being securely attached to the wall, instead of resting on a stand. But we also thought it would be nice to be able to pull out the TV for easier access to the inputs, for cleaning, or to point it toward a corner of the room if there was only one person watching and they wanted the TV pointed directly at them. This mount takes care of the safety objective. But if we want to move the TV out away from the wall we have to re-aim it (tilt it up) and tighten the mount every time (which is a two person job), otherwise the entire TV sags. It doesn't seem like it is in danger of falling, it just doesn't point straight out, it starts tilting down.

I have a similar mount for a much smaller TV in my office and it works great. I can pull it out, and push it back against the wall and never have to adjust anything else or tighten anything. (That mount is a Cheetah Mount.)

I would not recommend this mount for a 55" Television. It may be fine for a smaller TV, but we've had a lot of trouble with ours. If I can find the information that came with the mount, I may try to contact the company, to see if they'll really stand behind their lifetime warranty. If I do I'll update my review with the results. But even if they do, I don't look forward to removing the one we have and installing a new one. It's so much easier to just find a product that works right the first time.

**Edit** I did contact the manufacturer and they sent a new mount. So far so good with this one, but only time will tell. I'll give them this--they have excellent customer service.
on June 2, 2012
The Revena DCM-SA1940 is quite sturdy and I am pleased with its performance. I am using it with a 32", 20 lb television. I am rating it 4 stars because of a few nit picks. The mount is sturdy and I can position it easily to whatever angles I choose and it stays there. All components and mounting holes were lined up close enough. The level that comes attached to the unit didn't look to be lined up perfectly with the vertical axis of the unit but checking with another level showed it was close enough. Be sure you mount it with the correct end up, as indicated in the instructions.

Important caution: The instructions that come with the wall mount say to use the longest mounting bolt that is shorter than the hole depth of the mounting holes on your TV. Something important that the instructions don't say is that you need to measure the depth of each mounting hole in your TV separately. The two upper holes in my TV were deeper than the two lower holes. If I had measured only the upper holes and carelessly screwed in a bolt that was too long for the lower holes, I could have damaged my TV (not covered under the warranty). You should also consult your TV manual to see if it has different mounting instructions. My nit picks: The clear plastic straw that comes with the unit for checking depth of the TV mounting holes was too large in diameter to fit into the holes in my TV (which requires the smallest mounting bolts supplied with the wall mount) so I had to find something else that would not damage the TV circuitry when it made contact. Because I needed to use the smallest mounting bolts, I needed to add washers to keep the bolt head from passing through the holes in the wall mounting bracket. The "universal washers" that come with the unit are big, ugly, rectangular pieces of metal that I can't imagine anyone using if they had a choice. I bought real washers at the hardware store.
on August 5, 2010
This REVENA Swingout/Articulating Wall Mount for 19-40 Inch Flat Panel HDTV Displays (DCM-SA1940) is a great value! It is sturdy and works exactly as promised. It was a cinch to install, and holds my new 32" Bravia just fine. I love being able to move the screen around to see it from the armchair, the desk, or the exercise bike.

The only issue I have is with all that movement, the wires need to be able to move too, or they'll be hanging out all the time in an unsightly manner. To help with this, we took five minutes and tied up the wires into a bundle, then looped them up with a bit of elastic cord, and tied that to a shower curtain ring affixed to the arm of the unit. This way the wires can come and go when they need to without my having to look at them.

At half the price of similar units, I would DEFINITELY buy another one of these when needed!
on March 12, 2013
I purchased this mount after spending alot of time reading reviews, looking up product videos, and taking lots of measurements n my home. I wanted a mount that I had confidence securing to the wall and holding up my TV, but I couldn't justify spending over $100 on a mount that offered no real enhancement or value to my TV. I finally settled on this and couldn't be happier. The price is right. Made of a heavy metal. Secures very well to the wall thanks to 4in 1/4diameter heavy duty screws. It included a plethora of screws, spacers to fit any TV. Built in level gauge was very helpful. I was able to install it to the wall and mount the TV to it by myself, although I would recommend getting at least one other person to help.

In the end I am satisfied with my purchase. I am confident my TV is secured and the price was right.
on September 27, 2010
The material used for this product is top notch. The product is great and the installation was a breeze. You do need a drill and a stud finder to get it done quickly. The instructions could be better, but still a great buy.
on December 11, 2010
We have only been using this for about a month but so far it is great. It is holding a 55inch Toshiba LCD. We haven't used the articulating arm accept when hooking the cables to the tv. I have heard that without the articulating arm hooking up the tv is a nightmare.
Our tv is above the fireplace and it looks great. Installation seemed easy(my husband did it) and he only took about 15 minutes. This is the 4th time he has hung a tv but this was a different brand and a much larger tv.

I feel very comfortable with our 55inch tv on this and I would buy again. The price was also excellent.
on January 23, 2013
Love the mount. Our only problem is the TV is not level when we push it up against the wall. It's only level when it's extended, which isn't a huge deal for us since it's always extended. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the TV or with the mount. I'm inclined to think the mount is the issue since it is level at different positions. Still a great mount for the price, though. No other reviewers seem to have this issue, so I wouldn't let this review sway you.
on December 10, 2010
I'm happy with this purchase.
Good instructions - seems well made and solid.
For small tv's - mine was 23" - you remove a piece of the arms. So I'll have to remember where the pieces are if I ever get a larger tv.