From the Back Cover
Complete RFID System Design and Rollout Solutions
Design, set up, and maintain RFID data collection systems for your businesses using the in-depth information contained in this comprehensive guide. RFID Implementation lays out the basics of RFID technology components, standards, and regulations and moves on to explain the steps necessary to execute a successful RFID rollout. Inside, you'll find detailed coverage of creating optimal project strategies and blueprints, choosing and installing hardware and software, and managing a successful RFID system throughout the supply chain. Real-world case studies show how Wal-Mart, the U.S. Department of Defense, and the FDA have revolutionized the use of RFID.
- Install tags, antennas, connectors, cables, readers, host computers, and controllers
- Store and retrieve data remotely using RFID tags, chipless tags, and transceivers
- Integrate existing barcodes with RFID systems
- Deploy EPC software, middleware, and information services
- Track product movement and cash flow up and down the supply chain
- Investigate costs and benefits using business justification
- Organize projects using preliminary planning, pilot, and technical integration
- Reduce out-of-pocket costs and transition time using tag-and-ship methods
- Optimize tag performance with site analyses and tests
- Import external data to internal RFID systems
About the Author
Dennis E. Brown is president of RFID Runner, a company specializing in selection, configuration, sales, and support of RFID systems. He has helped Warner Bros., Boeing, Sony Pictures, the National Imagery and Mapping Agency, and the National Security Agency implement technology solutions.