Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 26, 2009
Normally I do not post negative reviews nor do I return books, but I'll make an exception here. The book appears to be merely a collection or outline of notes that one would make when studying a textbook. Large font, many screenshots/printouts, little in the way of background explanation. Received today and on it's way back tomorrow.

If you are an experienced Linux admin, as you should be if you are contemplating RHCE, this won't help you. If you are a newbie admin, this won't help you, either.
Try the Michael Jang book, build yourself some test boxes and gain experience. Skip this book.
on January 11, 2010
I won't even give this book the satisfaction of my time to write a healthy review. This is a horrible prep guide, and barely covers the topics in the actual test. A matter of fact, there are many missing concepts for the exam in this book. Paired with any book, you are still not gaining anything from this book. The most it is doing, is telling you what you need to look up on the internet just to learn what you need for the RHCT, not RHCE. SELinux is the last chapter, and not even discussed correctly in its usage. The best part of this book, is the Glossary that shows you entire file paths for certain important files on the RHEL OS.
on July 10, 2010
Don't wast your money on this book. It does not go into any detail on any of the subject matter. No labs... Nothing that would help you do well on a test.
on April 21, 2011
How the heck did I end up with this book? I've gone through the first 50 pages thinking "There's got to be something wrong here..." It is missing some items such as filesystem ACLs and cryptsetup which are on the test objectives list. It has lots of broken english. I can't tell if the author is just trying to be terse or english is his second language or what. I regret buying this one.