Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on August 29, 2014
Due to some old windows, started having a roach problem as they discovered the dry pet food. tried several pesticides and roach spray became a locked fixture on the grocery list. I keep a clean house and roaches are disgusting, they started infesting despite my best efforts to spray all doors/windows/access and everywhere I saw them nesting save the pc desk where I can't just hose down with sprays. the tablets seemed to feed them, they ate them all as their numbers increased. these were my last ditch effort before considering having the place tented and gassed.

Instructions say you'll see results by 7 days. By day 2 I've seen results. where You could walk into the kitchen, flip on the light and see them scattering everywhere, by day 2, you're lucky to catch 1 or 2. some closet doors that aren't used often became bad nesting spots, now they're clean and clear. the pet food trays used to feed roaches as much as pets, now I can move them and not see 1 bug. My desk is now pest free.

They work amazing and that's from someone that was ready to throw in the towel after fighting infestation for months. I'm ordering another set for the upstairs. there's no food up there whatsoever, but better safe than sorry.

There was also a spider web in the corner I left alone because hey, eat roaches, you're helping me out. I noticed today the web is completely vacant and I finally took it down. at this rate I'm ready to start having company again.

For the price, a great investment and plan on ordering more with a goal of having one in every room, just so this place becomes hell for pests.
11 comment80 of 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2010
I had several mice behind downstairs walls searching for a warm place to spend the winter. The rustling was very audible. These devices promptly drove them out. After 3 weeks without any sign or sound, I conclude that these relatively inexpensive things work, at least with mice.

2014 : Since this review, I've learned that mice "adapt" to these devices. These devices certainly reduce the problem, but they may not eliminate it. I have 6 positioned around this large house, and I still see evidence of mice at times. But far fewer mice.
55 comments129 of 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2011
This is a great product. We were hearing mice through the walls and the ceiling at night; kept me awake. After I installed these, I haven't heard a single noise again. Although I had to find usually unoccupied areas to plug them in as they emit a clicking noise every 10 seconds or so. So I have them in the halway and a rarely used bathroom.
11 comment87 of 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2013
I'd have to say they work best on mice, next on roaches and variable on everything else. I had one pesky mouse. Bought a huge pack of REALLY smelly glue traps and these. Suddenly I had no mouse and one turned up in a glue trap in the next unit placed only as a precaution. Months later I needed a suitcase and when I got it out, there was my mouse's home. Long vacated, dry and odorless. Gross, yes, but not nearly as gross as the critter screaming for it's life in the neighbor's glue trap was. Problem solved I gifted the extra two with my rave reviews to friends. On roaches I love electronics which is a trifecta for them. Warm, dark and they actually feed on circuit boards, particularly if something is open needing cooling like a PC or Home Entertainment Unit. Highest recommendation for the three pack. Protect yourself and impress your friends with your wiles!

Addendum: I have a brother who is a regional manager for a fast food syndicate and THEY use them company wide as mandatory. Not Enough Yet? HE put some in my 90+ year old parents home in Fla. and they chased out mice THERE too!
0Comment39 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2010
I've had the Riddex Sonic Plus Pest Repellents for a few months now. and In the last month or so The amount of mice caught in a traditional snap trap has been reduced greatly, We Followed the directions as it said for at least the 1st week to leave the traps out We set out 4 the first night alone we caught 3, then each nice after that we caught at least 2 for the last few weeks we've caught none. Last winter We may have caught 3 all winter long. I do know I have at least one mouse still in my house as it runs down my baseboards it won't run on the floor any more I have 2 traps in my room for it but when its running the baseboard its hard to catch it. the only noise that is emitted from these repellents are a small clicking sound when the power light flashes on/off after a while you just don't hear it any more because you get used to it. I was told not to use the sonic repellents because they hurt the dogs ears and would hurt my birds ears, my dog and birds are unaffected by it and I have one plugged in directly across from my dogs food/water dishes and its beside the doorway to my birds room. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I refused to ever use poison again I did that a few years ago and thought I was being safe by putting them in the crawl spaces of my basement but I was wrong when a mouse brought the poison pellets up stairs and dropped it into one of my birds food dishes and my bird got a hold of it and died within in the hour of eating it. and I hate using snap traps for the same reason my birds could get in them but we take extra precautions to make sure the birds and the dog can't get to them. But hopefully now that I have these next winter maybe I won't need snap traps at all.
33 comments93 of 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2011
I have been using Riddex Sonic for so many years - I even forgot what a roach looks like. No mice and even the squirrels don't visit my porch anymore.
I bought extra to share with my neighbors.
11 comment48 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2011
I was told by a friend to use this for mice in the country, and after about two weeks I have not had any mice or flies/wasps. It works just as said--only problem was one unit of three was broken and I kept them anyway because I really needed them.I was getting like three mice a week.And also there are no flying insects in my house either. Great product.
0Comment34 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2013
I bought these a year or so ago because of a rodent problem in our garage. The first week or two, the mice actually increased their activity, as the instructions said would happen. Patience paid off. It's been a year and there have been no rodents, and even most of the insects and spiders are gone. To everyone who has said these don't work, no, they don't work immediately. Give them a week or two. I am recommending these to my sister.
on November 6, 2013
Despite all the negative reviews, I decided to try it. Just three in my house seemed to have eliminated the pesky gnats, flies and worms I get all the time. I decided to get three more for the basement. I do get an occasional mouse, but I haven't seen any insect or mouse in my basement since I plugged them in (and my basement is below grade). My opinion is that whether they work or not is house-specific, possibly dependent upon the acoustics of the house. For the price, it's worth a try. To the nay sayers, tough luck.
on November 9, 2011
I purchased this product about a month ago and so far it seems to be working..i had a problem with a mouse and would see a couple of bugs here and there..i put down some glue traps and plug-in two of the devices and i havent seen the mouse and i think its killing the bugs because ive been actually sweeping them up dead off the floor and that wasnt the case before i started using the device so like i said it seems to really work.