5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it BEFORE you break your face
Published on October 2, 2010 by SoftballMom

3.0 out of 5 stars hin pad/cup won't stay on!
Published on May 5, 2011 by nic1242

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it BEFORE you break your face, October 2, 2010
If you are reading this review, you are probably buying this product for your daughter who plays softball. My 12 year old daughter plays travel softball, and pitches. BEFORE we purchased this mask, while pitching, she was hit in the face with a line drive and fractured her eye socket. She was extremely lucky and had no permanent damage, but I insisted on a mask if she wanted to play again. We purchased several different masks, and this mask was both the least obtrusive to her vision, and also offered the best protection. It fit comfortably around her head and face...youth masks are very small, buy an adult size. It stayed in place fairly well, and since it was an open air design, did not fog up, but is too small to aloow a softball to penetrate and hit her face. If your daughter plays competitively, and plays 3rd base or pitches, buy this BEFORE she gets hit in the face.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must have!, December 11, 2012
Length:: 0:09 Mins

My daughter plays in 10U and was beginning to feel nervous when pitching for fear of the ball hitting her in the face. We had seen the mask but no one on her team had one. We chose Rip It and only purchased it a few weeks ago. I am SO GREATFUL we did! Tonight she got hit in the face (while wearing the mask) and she fell straight back. The other team was recording at the time and the video is interupted when she got hit. At first it appeared serious and the game came to a halt, but she stood up right back up. She was shaken, and taken off the field. In the dugout she says "I'm crying because I'm scared, I'm not hurt!" She has a minor scrape on her face from when the mask came off. It saved her face! I am so THANKFUL she was wearing the mask! I absolutely love it and my daughter finds it to be quite comfortable (she wears the youth size). It is an absolute must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adult vs. Youth Size Answer, April 20, 2013
This review is from: RIP-IT Defense Softball Fielder's Mask (Sports)
Measure your childs head circumference in inches where the top of the guard will circle their forehead, like measuring for a hat size, to determine which size will best fit.

Size By Head Circumference

Youth - Up to 21 7/8 inches
Adult - 22 inches and Larger

Thought this was valuable information before I purchased one. Thank you all for the helpful comments in making my decision!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mask - Is Routine Piece of Equipment Now, December 30, 2010
I have purchased Rip-It Defense Softball Face Guard for both my daughters - youth size for my 8 year-old and the adult size for my 12 year-old. My 12 year-old is a pitcher and has played since kindergarten. She had tried the plastic masks in the past and hated them because they are more enclosed. Even though the plastic is clear she felt it blocked part of her vision. Additionally, she always complained that the plastic mask made her face too hot. Since she has had the mask it has quickly become routine when heading to the field for practice or games. Her entire team now all has the Rip-It Defense Youth Softball Face Guard.

3.0 out of 5 stars hin pad/cup won't stay on!, May 5, 2011
This review is from: RIP-IT Defense Softball Fielder's Mask (Sports)
My older daughter has the Schutt brand face guard. It's a few years old, so we decided to try the Rip It brand (youth size) for our younger daughter. The construction is solid, and I have no doubt the overall design is state of the art. However, it's VERY evident that the chin cup quality and usefulness is sub-standard. Compared to the Schutt chin cup, the Rip It cup is just foam with fabric covering. It does nothing to wick moisture, and nothing to help keep the face guard in place. It comes off very easily, even when pressed hard and worked in to the teeth of the velcro...it does not remain secure. We will be returning this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mask!, November 28, 2011
With so many different types of softball masks, we weren't sure what one to get our daughter. She loves it! It's light weight and the foam pads velcro off and on. At 9 1/2 she's in an adult.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, September 20, 2013
My husband was sent to the hospital after getting hit in the eye with a softball during his men's league game, so this mask is just what he needed to keep playing short stop and not worry about line drives!

5.0 out of 5 stars RIP-IT Defense Softball Fielder's Mask, June 26, 2013
We bought the mask for our daughter. She plays 10 & under fast pitch softball. The mask came to us quickly from Amazon. Looks nice, good visibility. Fits her well, she has a small frame. My older daughter (13) plays fast pitch as well and has the same mask. We love it. These are very popular in our softball circuit. You won't be disappointed!! Beware of the plastic looking face masks. The visibility is poor and they tend to be hotter for the girls in the warm weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rip-it fielder's mask, May 2, 2011
The Rip-it Defense fielder's mask is one the best products I have bought. This weekend my 9yr daughter while pitching was hit by a line drive on the rip-it mask in a softball tournament. Nothing happenned to my daughter, thanks to this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy!, May 5, 2011
I bought this mask for my 12 yr old daughter who pitches and plays 3rd base. This fielding mask is very lightweight yet durable. My daughter can see all angles with no obstructions in her view. The only thing she has complained of is the chin protector itches when she sweats. Other than that she loves it and I love that she is safer by wearing it.

RIP-IT Defense Softball Fielder's Mask