Customer Discussions > Band of Brothers [Blu-ray] forum

RIP Major Winters

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 10, 2011 9:37:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2011 9:42:32 PM PST
January 21, 1918 - January 2, 2011

RIP Winters. Your courage and dedication in life will never be forgotten. Most importantly though, you deserve the utmost respect and dedication for the hell that you and your fellow soldiers endured during WW2.

"I treasure my remark to my grandson who asked, 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?' Grandpa said, 'No... but I served in a company of heroes'. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/11/us/11winters.html

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2011 2:19:23 AM PST
He was quite a man and a hero to many. May he RIP.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2011 3:03:07 PM PST
I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE!!!!!! A TRUE AMERICAN HERO

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2011 3:03:09 PM PST
I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE!!!!!! A TRUE AMERICAN HERO

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2011 9:46:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2011 12:05:57 PM PST
William Bash says:
Was unaware until (3/4/2011) - as I happened to be glancing through the Amazon offering of Band Of Brothers DVD's - that the real Major Richard (Dick) Winters past away on January 2, 2011. It immediately brought to my own mind and emotions again, just how "mortal" we all really are. Death of course waits for us all, and is part of life as we know it. However, this subtle wake up reminded me of the (6) Comrades I knew closely, but did not return with me from the Viet Nam War. Now being retired myself, the Viet Nam era soldiers and people have now entered, or are entering the Seniors category as well. I frequently think of our Military Men & Women from the Persian Gulf War I & II, and present events in Afghanistan - then I think of most recently how an Iraqi War Decorated-Highly-Wounded U.S. Army Soldier was berated by the Students and certain Faculty at Columbia University in New York two weeks ago. Today's "punks and whimps" have little respect for the "real establishment" that has come before us. Thanks to today's Brave Soldiers and those who have come before us like Dick Winters and his Band Of Brothers, that we even have the freedom to send memos such as this. W. M. Bash

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 8:27:32 AM PDT
Barry M says:
Rest in peace, sir.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 9:28:17 AM PDT
Ikihi says:
RIP
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jan 10, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 16, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions