1,314 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont let the Apple store rip you off!! Get this instead.
Published 20 months ago by Dana Garcia

3.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible with new iPhone 5S leather cases
Published 12 months ago by Mahmoud Al-Qudsi

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont let the Apple store rip you off!! Get this instead., February 15, 2013
Dana Garcia (Califonia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RND Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable (6 ft) for iPhone (6 / 6 Plus / 5 / 5S / 5C) iPad (Air / Mini) iPod Touch - Data Sync and Charge 8-Pin Cable (6 feet/1.8 Meters/white) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I have been waiting for a more affordable iPhone 5 Cables for months now. Like most iPhone users I tend to have 3 cables. 1 at home, 1 at the office, and 1 in my car. But I was not going to pay that much money at the apple store. I have bought other RND products before, so I have been waiting for this to come out. They didn't disappoint. Love my new cable. The cable is built to last, strong and sturdy. I highly recommend this Brand and this Cable. I tired another cheaper 3rd party cable but it only charged, it did not SYNC with my phone. Don't buy a cable unless it is apple approved like RND's cables are. Lesson learned.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, February 12, 2013
RND Power Solutions Apple cable arrived today.
I am using the RND cable to reach the couch so I can charge my iPhone 5 while using.

PROS:
* 6FT better double the length of Apples cable
* Ordered on Sunday and received Tuesday.
* Cable and connector is a little thicker and high quality.
* Charges at the same speed as Apples original cable
* No issues syncing
* Have no issues using with the OtterBox case.

I have not seen any cons and will post updates after couple of months.
I recommend this cable and buying another one for my office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great - But note the cable is rigid, and the plug is large, February 16, 2013
The product matches the picture, and was delivered in professional-looking packaging.

The quality of the connector looks as good as the original Apple cable.

PLEASE NOTE: the connector is larger than the Apple - if you use a case you will want to confirm the opening is at least 12mm wide, which is how big the body of the connector is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, March 13, 2013
Sooooo much better than original equipment SHORT cable. Had it 3 weeks, use it every day and NO COMPLAINTS. Heavy duty and Well Made! Over-engineered, if there is such a thing.
The length is 6 feet long, as it should have been originally, Perfect. An amazing product and WELL worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Apple's, March 2, 2013
It's a heavier weight and nicer than the OEM Apple cable. It's longer and less expensive. You can't lose with this one. I'm definitely going to buy another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with iphone 5 and new IPAD, April 10, 2013
Love this cable -- We haven't had an issue charging our iphone 5 or our 4th generation IPAD. It works great and where else can you get a 6 feet wire? We absolutely love this cable and will likely purchase a 2nd cable when I replace my 4S with the 5 in another month.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes this is the best, May 30, 2013
Works. Heavy Duty. Reinforced connector/cable junction. Works with my Otterbox Defender case on iPhone 5. Much better than Amazon brand cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cable, February 22, 2013
Buy this cable, it's the best one you can buy, the best quality of any cables made, extra thick , sturdy and very flexible . Don't buy the generic ones , I did and they suck, won't work one broke inside, junk.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, Apple-Certified 6-Foot Black Lightning Cable, February 18, 2013
Bob Drake "BobDrake" (Bronx, NY United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Unlike the Chinese copies, this has an Apple-quality Lightning connector on a heavy-duty black 6-foot cable.

If you can use an Apple 30-pin-to-Lightning adapter with your iPhone 5 case this Lightning connector end should fit OK -- same thickness as the Apple 30-pin-to-Lightning adapter, smaller width. (My former CAZE iPhone 5 case worked with this cable just fine even though the cable end is thicker and wider than the standard white Apple Lightning cables. This cable also works well the Kay's Case (TM) Slim Hard Shell Cover Case for Apple iPhone 5, Retail Packaging with Screen Protector (clear)), which I am now using, since it has an "open" bottom.)

I expect to get great service from this cable, but will report back if I experience difficulties.

3.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible with new iPhone 5S leather cases, October 1, 2013
I got this cable after reading all the reviews about how identically-designed to genuine Apple lightning cables this product was. Unfortunately, the plastic molding on the lightning end of the cable is far, far too bulky and thick compared to the Apple-designed lightning cables. As a result, it cannot be used with the new iPhone 5S leather cases. You'll have to shave off some of the molding with a hobby knife or get a different cable. (I do not have an iPhone 5C to report, but I presume it wouldn't work with the new cases for the 5C either -- but don't quote me on this one).

UPDATE: April 29, 2014

Per the comment below, a new version has been released that does not suffer from this problem.