5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing performance
This is one of the best keyboards I have ever owned, very comfortable and ergonomic.

I use this keyboard for gaming/work and it definitely does not disappoint me.

Been using it for about 5 months, absolutely no wear/tear or signs of fading!

Published on August 9, 2012 by Frosty

3.0 out of 5 stars Shiny colors
The roccat talk is a gimmick, I've yet to see it implemented anywhere, the colors are neat, the key feel is actually great for a non mechanical key switch, it's a little tall in that I cant reach the function keys without pulling the wrist rest off the keyboard tray I'm using
Published 2 months ago by Nick H.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing performance, August 9, 2012
This review is from: ROCCAT ISKU Blue Key Illuminated Gaming Keyboard, Black (Personal Computers)

I use this keyboard for gaming/work and it definitely does not disappoint me.

Been using it for about 5 months, absolutely no wear/tear or signs of fading!

The software/drivers are EXCELLENT and have tons and tons of features such as dimming the LED's when you're not using them so they last longer!

Only con is, the very small 'cracks' get very dirty but can be easily cleaned out with a thin object such as a credit card (they aren't hard to clean at all, takes <30 seconds!)

other than that, best keyboard ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars One word... Amazing!!, October 6, 2012
For one, the shipping was EXTREMELY fast! I ordered this on October 3rd, it shipped on October 4th, and I received it on October 5th! And that was with standard shipping! I was a little skeptical about purchasing this because, honestly, I have never heard of Roccat before. However, the reviews were good and the products looked nice.

The keyboard is surprisingly lightweight compared to my U7 Luxeed Keyboard (which doesn't have any macro keys or numpad for that matter. The keys press down nicely and are not too far apart and not too close together. It feels very nice typing on it and doesn't bother me while I'm playing games for hours a day. I haven't gotten much use out of the macro keys, but they are easy to set up, and when you press the macro record button, instead of a beep or noise, it actually says "Select a macro key to start recording" and when you cancel the macro recording, it says "Macro recording aborted." It says it through your operating system (ie. your speakers or headphones) not the keyboard itself. That is better than having some beep and then trying to figure out which beep is which.

One thing to note about this keyboard is that the boarder is flat black with a textile feel and the part around the keys is a glossy black. I knew this before purchasing, and I admit it makes the keyboard look very well and stand out, but it does get very dirty with fingerprints and dust very quickly.

Also, in order for the capslock key to work, you have to press and hold the T1 key then press the capslock key. Without pressing the T1 key, it functions as a macro key. To some, this my be convenient or inconvenient depending on your style of play.

EDIT: The above mentioned is enabled by default. There is an option in the keyboard drivers software to have the capslock key act as a capslock instead of a macro key.

Overall, the keyboard is amazing! I am glad I bought it and I expect to have this keyboard for a very long time. I highly recommend this keyboard to anyone that is looking for an amazing gaming keyboard. I will definitely be checking out more of Roccat's products!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent keyboard with one glaring flaw, December 25, 2012
This is a very nice keyboard, many features and good build quality. There is however one glaring oversight with the design. None of the media keys across the top are backlit. In addition to this the icons on these keys is dark grey (on a black background too!). This makes it impossible to see the icons in these keys even in daylight, I was ready to give this 5 stars easily but this is a rather silly design flaw... Luckily I don't really use these keys anyway, but for those that do you may want to keep this in mind before buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what i needed, September 18, 2013
The only thing I found that I would change is the volume,ff,rev, etc buttons don't light up. I can live with it. But the rest seems of good quality. It goes to sleep and the lights go out. All you have to do is hit a button and it comes back on.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am not a PC gamer but..., February 8, 2013
I just fell in love with this keyboard lol. Everything is perfect except that the multimedia keys are not lit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic keyboard, Roccat FTW.... again, November 29, 2014
Where do I begin. This is an amazing keyboard. I absolutely love my Roccat keyboard. The design is very sturdy and you can tell they took their time and knew what they were doing. I mean come on, its German built. The ability to have every color behind the keys is so cool. The breathing effect of the lighted keys is awesome. Plus I have this teamed up with my Roccat Kone XTD mouse and the experience is unlike anything else. I have been PC gaming since Doom and this thing blew me away. So much customization with the keys as well as within the Roccat Talk software. If you don't know what I am talking about, go to their website and see for yourself.

The only thing that could make this keyboard better would be to have Cherry MX switches. It is a membrane keyboard but I assure you it is not one of those sticky keys kind of membrane keyboard. Roccat does have the Ryos model keyboard with the MX switches but they are not able to create all the colors that the Isku can.

In regards to their warranties and Roccat as a company. My Kone XTD mouse started having issues after about a year and a half. It was double clicking when I clicked it once, I contacted Roccat through their website and within one day I had a response. Their customer service rep didn't even care when I had purchased it. His response was something like this, "I'm sorry to hear about the issues with you Kone, please provide use with your info and we will send you a brand new one." I sent them in my old one, spend $3 on shipping and got a brand new one within about a week. The customer service rep assigned to my claim kept me up to date every time we reached a new step in the process. Roccat's quality of their products and the quality of the Customer Service has made me an advocate for life. I know own four different Roccat products. Isku FX keyboard, Kone XTD mouse, Kave XTD 5,1 head set and the Raivo 2mm Gaming mouse pad.

I would ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT recommend this and any other Roccat product to everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars bit big but that turned into a positive thing, October 5, 2013
this is my compromise between full mechanical keyboard and softer key presses. Like the blue back lit keys. I dont have enough space on my tbale and the arm rest jutts out, but in actuality the arm rest makes it so much easier

5.0 out of 5 stars great Lap Keyboard, October 16, 2014
I bought this keyboard to replace my laptop's failing keyboard. The switch back to a real board is a bit interesting especially with the fully key travel; however, I love this board. It is great for general typing. The palm rest does not detach, but really is not an issue and is great for lap typing with the wide and very stable footprint. Gaming wise, the board is not going to be replacing my nostromo any time soon, but the response seems to be better than my laptop's normal keyboard.

Like others, I will also complain about the fact that the media keys at the top do not light up. I didn't think that it would be an issue, but the angle with which they are placed, it makes them difficult to see unless in good lighting. -- Solution for the lighting -- From a hobby store I bought some ultra fine tipped enamel paint pens and used the white one to go over the labels. Makes the keys really easy to see (even in the dark)

Well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Keyboard I've ever come across., August 13, 2013
Lest (Los Angeles, California) - See all my reviews
I did a lot of research all over the internet before spending the big bucks and it was well worth my time and money. The key mapping changes automatically for each game profile once you set it up and it goes back to your designated default when you're done playing. For example, I turn on my computer and it starts with the Windows key mapping profile (I have the color blue for that). Then I launch Fallout 3 and the keyboard changes to green and the mapping automatically changes to my set up in the game! It's insane! It also work great with the ROCCAT Kone XTD, which offers the very similar functionality.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son loves this, February 24, 2013
Bloodymary (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
Very solid keyboard, sleek looking too. Was a gift for my 13 yr old gamer son and he loves it. His big brothers think it's cool too.

ROCCAT ISKU Blue Key Illuminated Gaming Keyboard, Black
$89.99 $54.99
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.