5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing performance
This is one of the best keyboards I have ever owned, very comfortable and ergonomic.

I use this keyboard for gaming/work and it definitely does not disappoint me.

Been using it for about 5 months, absolutely no wear/tear or signs of fading!

Published 20 months ago by Frosty

1.0 out of 5 stars Three Keys Broke After A Month
Published 6 months ago by Zyde

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing performance, August 9, 2012
This review is from: ROCCAT Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard (ROC-12-701) (Personal Computers)

I use this keyboard for gaming/work and it definitely does not disappoint me.

Been using it for about 5 months, absolutely no wear/tear or signs of fading!

The software/drivers are EXCELLENT and have tons and tons of features such as dimming the LED's when you're not using them so they last longer!

Only con is, the very small 'cracks' get very dirty but can be easily cleaned out with a thin object such as a credit card (they aren't hard to clean at all, takes <30 seconds!)

other than that, best keyboard ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars One word... Amazing!!, October 6, 2012
For one, the shipping was EXTREMELY fast! I ordered this on October 3rd, it shipped on October 4th, and I received it on October 5th! And that was with standard shipping! I was a little skeptical about purchasing this because, honestly, I have never heard of Roccat before. However, the reviews were good and the products looked nice.

The keyboard is surprisingly lightweight compared to my U7 Luxeed Keyboard (which doesn't have any macro keys or numpad for that matter. The keys press down nicely and are not too far apart and not too close together. It feels very nice typing on it and doesn't bother me while I'm playing games for hours a day. I haven't gotten much use out of the macro keys, but they are easy to set up, and when you press the macro record button, instead of a beep or noise, it actually says "Select a macro key to start recording" and when you cancel the macro recording, it says "Macro recording aborted." It says it through your operating system (ie. your speakers or headphones) not the keyboard itself. That is better than having some beep and then trying to figure out which beep is which.

One thing to note about this keyboard is that the boarder is flat black with a textile feel and the part around the keys is a glossy black. I knew this before purchasing, and I admit it makes the keyboard look very well and stand out, but it does get very dirty with fingerprints and dust very quickly.

Also, in order for the capslock key to work, you have to press and hold the T1 key then press the capslock key. Without pressing the T1 key, it functions as a macro key. To some, this my be convenient or inconvenient depending on your style of play.

EDIT: The above mentioned is enabled by default. There is an option in the keyboard drivers software to have the capslock key act as a capslock instead of a macro key.

Overall, the keyboard is amazing! I am glad I bought it and I expect to have this keyboard for a very long time. I highly recommend this keyboard to anyone that is looking for an amazing gaming keyboard. I will definitely be checking out more of Roccat's products!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent keyboard with one glaring flaw, December 25, 2012
This is a very nice keyboard, many features and good build quality. There is however one glaring oversight with the design. None of the media keys across the top are backlit. In addition to this the icons on these keys is dark grey (on a black background too!). This makes it impossible to see the icons in these keys even in daylight, I was ready to give this 5 stars easily but this is a rather silly design flaw... Luckily I don't really use these keys anyway, but for those that do you may want to keep this in mind before buying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Three Keys Broke After A Month, October 6, 2013
After 33 days, three of the keys started to stick. The letters o,v, and c. Nothing I did wrong on my end, I promise. They just randomly started sticking. For example, the letter "o" would just do this ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and keep going until I clicked on it to stop. Very weird. Even more frustrating that it happened after the 30-day Amazon return policy. I bought this because of the highly positive reviews, so I can only assume that I got a defective one. Have to buy a new keyboard (not this one) again and I'm out quite a bit of money.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am not a PC gamer but..., February 8, 2013
I just fell in love with this keyboard lol. Everything is perfect except that the multimedia keys are not lit.

5.0 out of 5 stars bit big but that turned into a positive thing, October 5, 2013
this is my compromise between full mechanical keyboard and softer key presses. Like the blue back lit keys. I dont have enough space on my tbale and the arm rest jutts out, but in actuality the arm rest makes it so much easier

5.0 out of 5 stars just what i needed, September 18, 2013
The only thing I found that I would change is the volume,ff,rev, etc buttons don't light up. I can live with it. But the rest seems of good quality. It goes to sleep and the lights go out. All you have to do is hit a button and it comes back on.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son loves this, February 24, 2013
Bloodymary (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
Very solid keyboard, sleek looking too. Was a gift for my 13 yr old gamer son and he loves it. His big brothers think it's cool too.

4.0 out of 5 stars More features than I need, but good, May 29, 2013
Neil (San Diego, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
First off, this is a good keyboard. I like the illumination. I would have preferred one of the ergonomic split keyboards, but I've tried several and all had some problem or other.

I play a lot of video games, but almost all are real time simulations like Total War. These don't demand a lot of specialized key strokes under pressure like first person shooters do. So many of this board's features will go unused.

The keystroke pressure is just about perfect, but the strokes are noisier than I'd prefer. It's a solid piece of gear and doesn't move around because of the rubber feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, March 6, 2013
I bought the keyboard as a gift for my son. He loves it. Of course we had to get the mouse too! It was a great buy and he's happy.

ARRAY(0xa15ce7d4)