4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Boots
Used them for 7 weeks straight in the Kunar province in Afghanistan. Good support all around. Great for kicking in some doors. comfort went down during my 8th week because of moisture composition to the inner layers but other than that a great tactical piece of equipment.
Published on December 9, 2010 by Judy J Swartzendruber

2.0 out of 5 stars Rotchco boots at 90 days
Published on July 22, 2012 by rthomas

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Boots, December 9, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars great boots, December 6, 2009
J. Colan (NORTHEAST U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
Boots are exceptionally comfortable. They run true to size. Wonderful boots for someone like me who hates to lace and unlace. The zippers eliminate this hassle. I've. Had them for a month and they are my favorite ones. Light like a sneaker. I would give them a 5 star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy husband!, May 5, 2013
We ordered these boots as my husband works construction and is in and out of houses all day. Now, instead of having to untie his boots, he just slips the zipper down and steps out. He loves them and would recommend to anyone looking to save time. I'm glad we read other reviews, he sized down 1/2 size and they fit perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY COMFORTABLE, April 12, 2011
My only complaint is self inflicted. I normally wear a 10 1/2 to 11. Should have erred on the lower side and bought the 10 1/2's. Would even be even more comfortable. A little looser than I would like, but not uncomfortable. Easy on / off with the zipper, especially since the zipper follows the laces and not just straight down the ankle. They do offer sneaker like comfort with the stability of a boot. Tread pattern is fairly grippy as well.

I bought Tan, now I'm ordering BLACK, and in 10 1/2 this time. That in itself should tell you how I feel about the boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, June 19, 2011
Awesome boot. I bought these knowing I will be going to some rough areas and the boots are super. Very comfortable yet very sturdy, just what I needed. Thanks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rotchco boots at 90 days, July 22, 2012
These boots are easily the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. They also breathe very well. The problem.....the souls are absolutely coming apart at 90 days after my purchase. If I had it to do over again, I would spend some extra money and go with something more durable like the oakley boots. Unless you only expect your boots to last 90 days, I would steer clear of these boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars PFC. W., March 16, 2012
Just got these boots today and tried them on for about a hour just to get the feel of them. Have to say they are really comfortable and super easy to slip on because of the side zipper, there way better then the standard issued boots i have as far as comfort. They are not true to size good thing i ordered a 10 regular, my normal shoe size in 11-11 1/2 so you should size down a size and a half. Still have plenty room in the toe and around the ankle. Will use them for training and drills cause they are a standard basic boot. Overall I say they are worth the money for the quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bizarre shaped boots, March 27, 2013
Correspondence from Seller Cat5 Commerce is unfriendly and they will not pay for return shipping on these oddly shaped boots. I wear a 10.5 regular, and the item description advised ordering 1/2 or 1 size down. I ordered a size 10. The boots are still 1/2 size too large in width by the toes and by the ankles. The strange part is, the toe length area is too large by maybe 2 sizes. There is a LOT of space by the toe area, almost clown-shoe styled, so the front of the boot has a lot of empty space. These are probably a batch of botched up manufacturing items that Cat5 Commerce obtained and is trying to sell as proper spec boots. I don't see how a batch like the one I received, for lack of a better description besides "clown spec tactical boots," can possibly be considered normal boots.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, March 31, 2011
This review is from: ROTHCO DEPLOYMENT BOOT W/SIDE ZIP / 8" - DESSERT (Apparel)
Just got these for my husband. Here are his thoughts.

The good:
This is an amazing boot for the price. Slightly heavier than a pair of slippers for wearing around the house. Mostly all leather outside and seem durable. Bought the "wide" version and there is plenty of room for a very heavy pair of socks if needed, as well as a pair of insoles if you need extra cushion. Very rugged tread pattern for the trail.

Only two flaws I have found so far:
First, the plastic Zipper seems a little weak for the strength of the boot. For easy donning and doffing of boot, would be best to leave the laces slightly loose so as not to allow the zipper to be overly stressed.
Second, I only got one pair. For this price, I should have gotten two so I had a "backup" and still would have spent less than one pair of another brand.

Highly recommended boots.

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY poorly made boots, March 28, 2013
Tried to save $20 and I paid the price. These boots rub my ankles and other parts of my feet to the point I cannot wear them for more than a few minutes. I bought these because of the zipper feature. Back to the converse or SWAT brand that I always buy without zippers. I would not recommend puchasing these.

ROTHCO DEPLOYMENT BOOT W/SIDE ZIP / 8" - DESSERT