4.0 out of 5 stars Break in your boots.
Published on September 24, 2010 by Amy Sisk

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not hold up like my old pair
Published on March 8, 2011 by JasonTheBarber

4.0 out of 5 stars Break in your boots., September 24, 2010
These are pretty good boots for the price. I recieved them very fast from the supplier. When I wore them for the first time they were a little uncomfortable which is to be expected from a new boot. I read some reviews on different ways to break in new boots. I went with the hot water method and let me tell you, it absolutley works! Just soak your boots in hot hot water for about 15-20 min. and wear them until dry. They slowly mold to your foot and become very comfortable. I went ahead and did this a second and third time and now it feels like I have had these boots for years. I bought them to wear while paintballing so I needed to break them in well before going out on the field. Waiting til that day to break them in would ruin your day. These boots are rad, just make sure you order a size smaller than what you normally wear because they do run big. For example, I wear a mens 10 and went with a Mens 9 and they fit beautifuly. Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Camper/Hiker, August 3, 2008
This review is from: ROTHCO SPEEDLACE JUNGLE BOOT / 9" - BLK (Apparel)
These are the same boots that I was issued while in the military. They are nice and comfortable to wear. The nylon sides makes the boots, and your feet, breathable so you don't get that nasty foot smell when you take the boots off. They are also quick to lace/unlace. These boots are quite good for ankle support; especially if you do alot of hiking/backpacking or road marches. If I remember correctly, there is supposed to be a steel shank at the bottom of the boot that runs its entire length. That is a military feature to help protect the foot incase the wearer stepped on nails, stakes, or such. In a desert environment, that shank does tend to absorb the heat emminating from the ground, thus making your feet a little warm. I still have a pair from my military days and use them periodically for hiking. Read that some people complained about the design of the soles. Well, that is a military design. I suggest do what I did with a set of these boots I had while in the military - go to a shoe/boot repair shop and have them re-soled for the purpose you intend to use these boots for. Overall, a good set of boots for outdoor style work/recreation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Military Style Speedlace Jungle Boot with Cordura Upper, January 11, 2007
very comfortable to wear, easy on and off. hold up well would purchase again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not hold up like my old pair, March 8, 2011
While in the Army, I used to wear jungle boots all the time. I was in the infantry and put them through a lot of hard use. That pair lasted me 2 years in the Army and 4 years afterwards. I recently had to let them go - so bought a new pair (These) and they seemed about the same so I had high expectations. Within 2 weeks the sole in the toe area on the right boot let loose. I had them glued by a cobbler (yep we still have one around). Since then, I've noticed the rest of that boot and the other starting to get loose around the sole and there appears to be some cracking in the leather around the bottom also.

So basically - I don't give these boots a very high review.

Update- Cobbler glue didn't hold. This boots completely failed within 3 months of ownership.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and affordable, July 26, 2008
This review is from: ROTHCO SPEEDLACE JUNGLE BOOT / 9" - BLK (Apparel)
These boots are great. I bought them for paintballing and they are durable and comfortable. The nylon makes them much cooler than a whole leather boot and they lace up easily. The traction is good for having a generic sole pattern. I also like this product because it came in my size, Size 15, which I can hardly find normal shoes so I was pleasantly surprised to get a pair of army boots which fit. (In ROTC they would make my squeeze into a size 13)

Overall a great boot for a great price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasts, April 1, 2011
I was excited for these boots. They fit relatively well (which is hard for me to find) and they were reasonably priced. However, after about 3 weeks of use, there is already a large crack in the soles of each boot. They split across the ball of the foot, which is rather disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier!, February 16, 2011
An over all nice fitting boot. The high tops are made of a canvas like material making mobility and flexibility great. I'm currently using these in the middle of winter and have no complaints. Another thing I noticed is the rubber for the treads is more giving than other boots. I can walk across a wood floor quietly without effort. My only curiosity is if they are waterproof, but nothing negative to report as of yet. For the price, this is amazing!

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, but Not Sturdy, March 6, 2011
Anne Redalen Fraser (Minneapolis, MN United States) - See all my reviews
I bought these for my husband who needed sturdy and rugged everyday footwear for chasing our kids and playing outside. He wanted combat boots because I'd told him stories of the pair I bought my Sophmore year in high school and wore until they broke apart nearly ten years later. He hates to shop, so not having to buy new boots was a huge selling point for him, as was the cordura uppers, for hot weather. Anyway, he wore these daily for 6 months, at which point the leather across the toes had broken open where his foot bends as he walks, and the side of the boot over the toes had ripped out of the sole completely. It was very, very disappointing and was not the kind of longevity we'd hoped for when we bought these. Our next pair will come from the local surplus store and be all leather.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, September 18, 2012
these boots fit amazingly and go here two days before they were supposed to! they are a really good weight and are well ventilated. i haven't done any training in them yet, but they are not bad to walk in. the boots run big on the sizing, so buy a size smaller than what you wear for a tennis/ running shoe. there was no problem with mine when i received them and the packaging was normal. cardboard shoe box inside a normal cardboard shipping box. i'll write another review after a go through some training with them on and let anyone interested know how they are. right now the boots are at 5/5.

EDIT: Okay so i've gone through some training now and these boots are pretty good. they are comfortable breathable and the weight is definitely not an issue. I wore them all day and there wasn't any discomfort for me! these boots are great still 5/5!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 STAR Combat Boots, most definately worth it., April 13, 2011
This review is from: ROTHCO SPEEDLACE JUNGLE BOOT / 9" - BLK (Apparel)
I normally wear the Tan ACU boots for my ARMY JROTC Battalion for Mondays and PT, and let me say, very good for running, hiking, anything physical, and they are SUPER COMFORTABLE. They hold up great and overall excellent performance 10/5 for these boots. And for all of those people who are a little overweight let me say, I weigh 350 pounds and beat my mile run by 10 minutes simply from having comfortable boots, 20-23 minutes last year in work boots, 10-13 minutes in these very good, excellent way to help loose weight fast if you like the outdoors like me- ;)

P.S- they are the same as ACU (Tan combat boots) boots only black.

ROTHCO SPEEDLACE JUNGLE BOOT / 9" - BLK