Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
ROWENTA DZ9080 ADVANCER WHAT IS THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS MODEL AND THE ROWENTA DX 8800 PROFESSIONAL IRON OTHER THAN WATTAGE?
asked by Philip J. Verzal on September 4, 2006
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 answers
A
Heavier (4lbs v 3lbs 8oz)
Platinum coating over the stainless steel
50w higher
holds .3 oz more water
More advanced steam system
Anti Calc system (Their Focus model also has this, but the Professional does not)
Electronic Temp Control (again Focus has it, but Pro does not)

I would recommend the Focus model for the $$ savings and similar features to the Advancer. It's cheaper than the pro even.
J. Heizman answered on September 24, 2006
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Can you or anyone who has used this iron beyond its initial period tell me if it has begun to "spew", leak or sputter? I have had several Rowenta irons in the past and they invariably sputter and drip eventually and create lots of ironing headaches. How is this one doing after owning it for a longer time? Thanks.
Anonymous answered on February 20, 2007
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Anonymous answered on June 30, 2009
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The dz9080 is about my5th Rowenta. I am a sewer and really like the steam and heat from Rowenta but they all only last about 1 year and then start leaking , furiously. Today, it was leaking again and so I did the self clean only to have it start spewing hot steam everywhere and leaking and squirting boiling water on my hand. In spite of the fact that I like the product when it works---I will look for another brand. no more rowenta's for me!!!!
P. M. Petersen answered on July 23, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
any steam iron leaks if the selected setting is below the minimum steam setting.
Anne Thomas answered on June 30, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
WOW, so glad I am not alone...my long relationship with Rowenta Irons is OVER. Am on my third, you'd think I woudl learn. Sew professionally, ad love them when they work. Sent my second one back, was replaced under warranty, since it was less than 90 days when it made electrical burning sounds, and fried....every single one I have had leaks. The last time I bought a professional Rowenta without auto shut off, thought that may help...NOT! Never again, don't know what I will get this time, but know what I won't get- A Rowenta! Never again!
Lorraine K. Kirschner answered on July 26, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was ready to buy the Rowenta Advancer, but based on your review I am rethinking this model. Do you have any suggestions for a another brand or model iron? I own a DZ1700 which doesn't get hot enough to press linen. I just want a good heavy high-wattage iron with a pointy tip for pressing the tight spots.
W. M. Hayman answered on July 23, 2009

A
Deborah K. Bier answered on August 4, 2009

A
Rowenta is certainly over priced for the quality you get. Our Advancer DZ9080 started to leak rusty water and had a burning smell. Returned it for repair under warranty and it took about three weeks to get it back after they received it. Now the same thing has happened again and this time the iron will not heat up at all. Now looking for a brand that will last longer. Never a Rowenta again.
B. L. Harbison answered on December 11, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Have the Rowenta Advancer... circuitry went out, they replaced it under warantee (took 2 months)... Now 3 months into the replacement iron, the circuitry went out. Sent it for repair to the place rowenta told me to send it. Got it back after a month. Still doesn't heat up properly, lights don't work right and today I find that the water has completely leaked out all over my ironing board. Anyone have a good suggestion for my next iron? I won't go with the rowenta again!!
C. arthur answered on January 12, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product