Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gunnar Optiks RPG-05401 RPG Full Rim Advanced Video Gaming Glasses with Quad-Core Hinge Design and Amber Lens Tint, Gunmetal Frame Finish
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on June 4, 2013
I've only had them for an hour and I'm already sold.
The first 2 seconds I put them on and looked at my monitor, I could already see the difference. Everything looks so much more vivid and the colors pop out way more.
There is a slight magnification and I like it, helps make reading much easier.
It also removes 90% of the glare coming off the screen, which eases the eyes.

I can't wait to test them out at work tomorrow when I set behind a monitor for 9 hours.
44 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2012
I'm not entirely sure this is worth the price you pay for them, but I can say it does help. I'm a programmer by day (and gamer by night), so I spend probably a good 17 hours of the day staring at a screen of some sort, and I noticed that my eyes aren't nearly as tired when wearing these.

They're kinda goofy lookin' and easily smudged, but you can clean them real fast with one of those microfibre cloths for camera lenses or glasses. The lenses seem to be slightly magnified or something. I'm not sure if this is good or bad for your vision actually, and I noticed that right after taking them off, I have to take a moment to adjust to reading things farther away. It does seem to make the screen right in front of my face slightly clearer.

I think the most helpful part really is the yellow tint; it really feels easier on the eyes. Strangely after using them for five minutes, everything looks pretty normal in that yellow tint, and when I take off the glasses, I can tell a difference. The frame is kinda heavy for what it is, and I guess the curvature helps to stop you from touching your eyes as much, not sure how much of that is BS.

All in all, I think they're a nice kinda fun thing to have and use, but I don't know if it's really worth spending $90 for. That said, I'm still glad I have them.
on July 23, 2013
Im a computer science major in school and im also a gamer so after reading reviews on Gunnar Optiks I decided to pull the trigger. To be honest I doesnt help me any, I still get headaches and my eyes still feel fatigued after long homework sessions. all in all Id say save your money and just take more frequent breaks. quality of the product is ok it just seems a little on the chintzy/ flimsey side. they should lower the price tag by 20-30$ in my opinion.
on October 23, 2015
These glasses aren't very good for myself. There are a couple issues that I had with them. One major issue was that they were too small for my head, so if you have a larger sized head try to find a larger pair. Another thing is that these are made for someone who has the same vision in both eyes, so if you are better out of one eye than the other expect headaches wearing these. The quality of the glasses was too notch. And if you have equal vision in both eyes and a small or "normal" sized head then I'd recommend giving these a shot . I let some of my friends try them out and they worked for them.
on May 23, 2014
The glasses themselves are awesome! I love the contrast change it give and it really helps with your headaches and dry eyes. A couple things I will say though is if your looking for a pair to use while your wearing a headset this is not the pair. You'd be better off going with a pair of MLG Phantoms or even Optiks. These glasses are mainly just for traditional wear where as phantoms are much thinner and more suited for headset use. Also another thing I will mention is although they help with the headaches they do not completely get rid of them. After long use you will still get occasional headaches if you play a lot of high quality game. They won't be as bad but you will still get them. Another reason these are not for headset use also is because I don't know if it's just in general or if because I have big ears, but after a while your ears will start to feel as if their being pinched. Other then this their definitely helpful although I do not feel they are worth 99$ maybe more around 75$ or 85$ would be a much better price.
on January 1, 2014
These glasses work! They remove some of the blue light reaching your eyes so LCD displays appear much crisper and easier to see. This results in less fatigue.

The test is easy, look at your computer or LCD/LED TV without the glasses and then with them on. The difference is simply amazing.

If you catch yourself thinking the displays are not as clear as when you first turn it on, these glasses will solve that problem. They are fashionable enough to wear around the office or just about anywhere without looking geekish. I got both these and the sunglasses in the same frame. They fit really good and can be adjusted if you need it.

I recommend these glasses to anyone that uses computer or has to look at LCD/LED screen for extended periods of time. The work great when watching movies as well and the picture appears warmer.

I don't game but nevertheless found these glasses to be very effective. Even when reading paperwork or books, the text appears crisper and easier to read.
on November 21, 2013
Bought these despite reading a handful of reviews and opinions on the internet saying they were overpriced / ineffective / borderline useless.

I work from home on my computer and use it for leisure and entertainment. On some days its very easy to be on for 16 hours. I can't even look at my monitors without these glasses anymore. The yellow shade filters out so much of the harsh light that my eyes have a problem staring at the screen for any length of time now without them. The slight magnification in the lenses is a nice touch for me, but I don't know how most people would react to it.

If you are skeptical about buying these because of the price, or reviews, I can say that I think they do what they are advertised for. They reduce eye strain and allow me to use the computer for very long periods of time without headache or any type of sensitivity to light. If you're thinking about getting them for reasons other than this, I can't give an opinion one way or the other.

Hope this helps.
on January 10, 2014
Nearly all of my work is done on a computer. In addition to that, I love playing the game League of Legends. I have felt my eyesight deteriorating over the last year or so. I take vitamins for my eyes, I try to have lighting as good as possible with what I have, and I try to look away when I remember. Unfortunately, this has not been enough. A friend of mine recently purchased a pair of Gunnars and I was intrigued. After seeing that other gamers use this, I decided to take the plunge.

I don't expect these to solve all my eye problems. However, I do expect them to help with eyestrain. Having used them for three days so far, I am very pleased. My eyes do feel better, not perfect, but much better. I am very grateful for these.

This pair looks a bit dorky...but...I'm sitting at my computer, so no big deal. :)

If you spend a lot of time on a computer and feel eye strain, I highly recommend these.
on December 17, 2013
My husband asked for these for Christmas. I was skeptical that a pair of glasses could really make that much of a difference. They really do cut down on eye fatigue/strain while spending hours in front of a computer screen or television. My husband hasn't complained of headaches nearly as much. I've actually started using them to read books on my iPad. I'm getting ready to order a second pair just for that purpose. They're worth picking up if you spend any good deal of time staring at a backlit screen.
on January 4, 2015
I started to work in an office setting and was getting massive migraines. I bought some of these and they go right away.

I sometimes use them when gaming but I bought them for work and love them.