Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 17, 2009 7:22:54 AM PDT
Brian says:
I'm looking into buying my 1st 360 and am wondering if I need to get it insured. Does the newer version with the Jasper chipset have a high risk for RROD? Any advice?

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 2:42:02 PM PDT
B. Franklin says:
3 of my friend all have rrod already. Luckily I return it b4 30 day.......

Posted on Oct 29, 2009 6:21:04 AM PDT
bill says:
b liao is just a lying ps3 fanboy. jaspers dont have rrod

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2009 12:04:19 PM PDT
B Liao is a ps3 fanboy, Which is fine. The new chip in the xbox...code named "Jasper" Runs at a quiter and cooler point. Thus putting you at a low risk for getting the RROD. It's about time Microsoft started spending a little more money to make their products better quality.

Posted on Nov 4, 2009 8:40:24 AM PST
N. LOZANO says:
its still the same with the same problems sadly I dont think they will fix it on this generation maybe the next xbox ..

Posted on Nov 4, 2009 11:31:49 AM PST
how are people making these claims? of course a jasper CAN rrod, but the probability is a lot lower for them. considering nobody has heard much about them failing is a good sign. if you wanna wait for the vahalla you will be waiting a long time. i say, by a jasper with confidence but like any electronic device... there are bad apples.

Posted on Nov 5, 2009 3:03:49 PM PST
The RROD is really a non issue with the new chipset. It has a new problem called E74 though.

Posted on Jan 10, 2010 9:49:19 AM PST
Is that Bill Gates is on Amazon? What!!!

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 10:33:05 PM PST
Amani2 says:
I'm going to repeat what I just said on another post. My boyfriend actually works at Microsoft in the Xbox division and he's pretty confident that the RROD has been fixed. Unfortunately, he only started working there this fall, otherwise he might have been able to help fix it earlier :-). The problem is that they used lead-free solder so it was more environmentally friendly (specifically for European guidelines I think), and the solder was much more brittle when it cooled off. So it would crack after a while and disconnect important components. They are well aware of the problem and have fixed it. And, even if you are still worried, Microsoft is still doing their 3 year warranty for RROD as well as E-74. As for disc scratching, my friends and I have not had a problem. I also tend to download most of my games to the harddrive, which decreases this risk. As with any electronic equipment however, you could always get a bad apple. But that's a risk you take with any of the consoles. Hope you decide to get a Xbox 360! I have lots of fun with mine. Though I think the PS3 and Wii also have their own merits (I have a Wii too, but would love to try out a PS3 as well). I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Oct 17, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 5, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Elite Winter 2009 Lego Batman / Pure Bundle
Xbox 360 Elite Winter 2009 Lego Batman / Pure Bundle by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (125)