5.0 out of 5 stars A must for heavy holiday turkey lifting
Published on November 29, 2010 by J. L. R. Reed

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sturdy.
Published 22 months ago by Carolyn S. Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for heavy holiday turkey lifting, November 29, 2010
This review is from: RSVP Endurance Stainless Steel Turkey Lifter, Set of 2 (Kitchen)
I purchased these forks for the Thanksgiving holiday. Each year, struggling to remove the bird from a hot pan onto a platter was a major feat. So, this year I planned ahead and purchased these; I don't know how we ever got along without them. These forks are a MUST HAVE for any cook who needs an extra hand lifting heavy meats from a roasting pan. You don't get burned, you don't bend lesser utensils, and it goes from the pan to the platter in just a few seconds-- a real snap.

I highly recommend these stainless poultry forks.

5.0 out of 5 stars oven forks, November 24, 2007
These were very sturdy, I gave as a gift. They love them, especially when a big meal is cooked and need to get out meat out of a pan. Since then their daughter had me get her a set also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Four prongs--can't go wrong, March 5, 2011
These poultry lifters are amazing! I love that there are four prongs and they are very sturdy. You can't beat the quality for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sturdy., November 15, 2012
Not sturdy. Handle and prongs are not one piece and can potentially pull apart with use. I have owned lifters of this two piece design and the handle broke away from the prongs and could not be repaired. Just six more dollars and I could have had what I thought I was purchasing...All Clad for $28. The picture does not allow the purchaser to see that the forks are in two pieces. Returning faulty products are not easy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well with Ham, December 31, 2010
Amazon Customer (Donald, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
We purchased these lifters with our stainless steel roasting pan thinking that they would be a good tool for lifting the turkey from the pan. However, when it came down to the wire and we needed to lift the turkey we realized that if we were to puncture the bird before it had fully rested we would have juice all over the counter. Since we brine our bird it is important to let it stand for up to 30 minutes after being removed from the oven. It's during that resting time that we use the pan to make our pan gravy so the bird has to be removed. So these lifters work well with any meat that doesn't have to rest to let the juices redistribute before carving. Works great with ham!

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality, March 6, 2013
I was in one of my drawer cleaning kicks trying to get rid of junk. I threw out my wife's old ones with broken handles and she was not happy. So I bought her these and she is content. I'm no longer facing divorce after 46 years of marriage.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, with one caveat, November 12, 2012
Chef Wannabe (CHICAGO, IL USA) - See all my reviews
The four prongs and the overall sturdiness of this product are what make it so effective. I used to struggle with a single, two-tined fork. What was I thinking? I use these all the time for hams and roasts. The caveat? I agree with reviewer Fred Hartley that piercing a turkey before it has rested is probably not a good thing. A possible solution?--Assuming you've used a roasting rack inside of the pan, just lift the entire rack--with the bird--onto your cutting board. Then, after it has rested, use these lifters to remove the bird from the rack and have another diner (surely you're not roasting a whole bird for one person!) pull the rack away from the board.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome assistant for heavy roasts, February 25, 2013
No more worries about turning roasts over in the oven or slow cooker...these things help you do that without getting splashed by the juices or having to place your hands awkwardly by the very hot pan/slow cooker. Wish I would have had them my entire life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perform well, December 12, 2012
These forks turn the turkey really well and are very easy to clean. They beat anything else I've tried. Recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item!, November 9, 2013
Lori Bleau (COLUMBUS, OH, US) - See all my reviews
These fork lifters are perfect for lifting anything from turkeys, large chickens, roasts, you name it! We have broken or bent many other lifters that were cheaply made. These are solid and substantial lifters! Great item and quick shipping!!

Rate and Discover Movies