5G Wi-Fi. The ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit router brings you into the next generation of wireless connectivity with leading 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity—5G Wi-Fi—that's up to 3 times faster than current wireless N speeds. One of the first of its kind, the RT-AC66U gives you a combined 1.75 Gbps of wireless data from the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz streams for unprecedented wireless performance when gaming online, streaming HD media, and other bandwidth-intensive tasks. Coupled with ASUS AiRadar technology for expanded wireless coverage and ASUSWRT that makes set up easy and offers a robust feature set of networking customization settings, the ASUS RT-AC66U is the pioneering router to elevate your Internet surfing experience.
- Ultra-high-speed wireless performance with 5G Wi-Fi 802.11ac for transfer speeds up to 1.3 Gbps—3 times faster than current wireless N
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz concurrent dual-band transmissions for strong signal strength and compatibility
- Attachable external antenna for up to 20% further coverage*
- 256MB RAM for faster processing
- Gigabit Ethernet ports for the fastest, most reliable internet performance
- Download Master for wireless data storage and access to router-connected USB storage devices
- AiRadar for expanded wireless coverage throughout a multi-level building
- Multi-Function twin USB ports for file sharing, printer networking, and 3G connectivity
- IPv6 enabled for future proof Web surfing compatibility
- ASUSWRT for easy 2-step setup, signal monitoring, and network application control
What’s in the Box
- RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-N1750 Gigabit Router
- Router Stand
- RJ-45 Cable
- Support CD (User Manual and Utility Software)
- Power Adapter
- Warranty Card
- Quick Start Guide
The New Standard in Wi-Fi
With 5 GHz speeds up to 1.3 Gbps—3 times faster than most current wireless-n signals, new 5G Wi-Fi 802.11ac standard on the RT-AC66U router delvers amazing wireless performance for seamless HD streaming, online gaming, and other bandwidth-intensive tasks. Additionally, the RT-AC66U supports the new IPv6 standard for better packet transmission and addressing.
Dual-Band Operation and Expanded Coverage
Working on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, the RT-AC66U future proofs your connectivity as one of the world’s first routers to feature 5G Wi-Fi and still features compatibility for current wireless-N devices at up to 450 Mbps. ASUS AiRadar technology amplifies transmission in all directions to ensure you have strong signal coverage throughout a multi-level home. What’s more, you can expand your wireless signal up to 20% further with the attachable external antenna*.
Extensive Networking Features
The RT-AC66U is made for ease of use and user optimization to get you setup within seconds out of the box and a personalized experience. With ASUS Quality of Service—QoS, set bandwidth priority by your set applications and tasks. Download Master lets you continue downloads even after you turn off a PC for even greater convenience. With robust parental controls, customize access up to eight SSIDs and set URL filters to prevent access to unwanted sites. Traffic monitoring lets you check your Web usage in a clear graphical interface to help keep you from exceeding any data allotments or to better customize your data plan with your Internet Service Provider.
Multifunctional Built-in USB Ports
With its twin USB ports, the RT-AC66U becomes a true multi-role device. Full DLNA compatibility affords smooth connectivity with a variety of entertainment platforms, including game consoles, Blu-ray players, smart TVs, and set-top boxes. The RT-AC66U can also serve as a dedicated FTP server and printer server, letting users share resources for greater productivity while reducing costs as there is no need to buy standalone server hardware.
The slim RT-AC66U fits nearly anywhere, includes a stand, and boasts 3 external antennas that you can position for enhanced signal reception. The design chassis is also VESA wall mountable to place it behind monitors and other areas.