Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on May 10, 2014
I won't overwhelm you with a lot of unnecessary details. In short, the unit has problems! The sound is great WHEN it is working correctly! I've seen other complaints that the audio will suddenly drop out and you will have to turn the unit off and then back on again to get the sound working. I have experienced this problem. I thought it was just a glitch, but based on other reviews, it is an issue with the unit. It has only happened to me once so far, but I have only had the REPLACEMENT unit for two weeks, so we will see.

The first unit, which I exchanged, was having problems transmitting the picture from my Roku box to the television. The picture suddenly starting cutting out and the screen started flashing green. No matter what I tried, I could not get it to stop. I thought it was the cable, so I switched it, but it still continued. Ironically, when I plugged my Xbox 360 into the same input that the Roku was plugged into, the Xbox played just fine. So I thought it may have been the Roku, however, when the unit stopped allowing the Xbox to play in 5.1 surround, and would ONLY play in Dolby Digital or Stereo and wouldn't even allow me to choose any other options, I took the unit back and exchanged it. With the new unit the Roku plays just fine, however, the Xbox 360 is still unable to broadcast in 5.1 surround. I've checked the settings on the Xbox to make sure that the audio was set to 5.1, but I am still unable to get surround sound out of it! I do know that it was working with the 1st unit, when I first purchased it, however, now, it's as if it doesn't recognize that the Xbox is sending out a 5.1 surround signal.

I'm not sure if my Xbox issue is a result of the unit, and so, I will continue to run tests, but, I do not like that the unit will limit your audio options based on what it thinks the device connected to it is able to do. For example, when I first connect the Roku to the unit, the audio options are limited to Dolby Digital and Stereo, but once I start playing a movie with 5.1 audio, the audio options on the device will change, allowing you to select Movie Mode, Music Mode, etc. I would prefer it is I had these options, no matter what.

Another complaint that I have seen is that the unit has a latency (audio delay) issue. I have experienced this with BOTH units.

If the unit works correctly, it really is a great bargain. When it is working, the sound is fantastic for the price and there are a lot of adjustable options to allow you customize the sound to fit just about any room. If I had not experienced the problems I have had, I would easily give the unit 5 stars, however, because of my issues, I can't give it more than 2, as it is not playing the audio as it should, and the whole purpose for purchasing the unit is to enhance the AUDIO. It's like buying a new Cadillac that looks great and is fully loaded with a sunroof, but won't start! Sure, it has all of the bells and whistles, but if it's not doing what it was intended to do when you purchased it, then what is the purpose of having it!
on November 30, 2013
I bought this unit about a week ago at Walmart for a low price considering the sound it gives out. You will be hard pressed to find a unit that has the HDMI out to your tv and three HDMI inputs on the back. It is a great surround sound Dolby Digital unit for the price. I have a Sony in another room that doesn't even come close to putting out the sound that this unit does. I would definitely buy this if you can still find it on sale. BTW it also has dsp sound modes on it if you are into those. I'm not but once in awhile I will listen on Hall, or Stadium just for a different kind of sound.
on April 3, 2014
I've had it for almost a year and use it for gaming and movies (on the XBOX360 and now the XBOX One). The sound is great and there are a lot of sound options to get it tuned just how you want it. I also like how if you forget to turn it off, it automatically turns off after a while of not being used. Highly recommend it!
55 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2014
I purchased this Home Theater System, first one ever, to go with my new flat panel TV, also first one ever, so I don't know much other than this unit is extremely easy to set up and sounds great. I may not be a techie but I know what sounds good, and this system sounds great! When cranked up-no distortion like others I've heard. My only problem is that my house is small so when I do crank it up things (my stuff) kind of vibrate. Like others say, the wires could be longer especially on the subwoofer, but no big deal.
on March 26, 2014
This system was 199 and was extremely over priced and of pour quality. The sound in the HDMI randomly cut out had to shut system off to get it back on. DO NOT BUY THIS UNIT. Spend the extra get an onkyo
on December 8, 2013
Very bad system. Had to return first one we bought due to continually shutting down the sound. Second one makes loud noises sounding like an airplane taking off, and AGAIN the sound turns off causing you to have to turn of sound system and turn back on to get sound. I will be sending it out for repair and hope it gets fixed. Worse product out there. Don't buy it, save your money!!!
44 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2015
Originally gave it 5 stars but had to change to 1 star and it doesn't deserve that. Update 4/6/2015: Thought it was the best and sure enough it started doing all the stuff in the other reviews and then the sub quit working last night. Before the sub quit the whole unit started shutting off during playback and at that point I knew I knew we had a problem. Small speakers still work but with no sub and the other stuff it does, it's junk. It also started having a delay like another post mentioned and man is that annoying. The sound doesn't match the lips of the person on the screen talking or singing. The auto turn off option started getting shorter and shorter so when looking for a song to play it's shuts off. It also doesn't remember any of the setting as another person mentioned so when it turns off you have to reset everything, total junk. I am so disappointed and doubt if they will refund my money. First I had 2 Logitech surround sound systems quit and only a couple days old and I spent allot of $ on them and no refunds, now this. The components they use in these cheap systems are really something to see if you ever take one apart. I have learned to now read reviews before buying anything. Listen to me and don't buy this unit. OH, the person that mentioned if a person on TV stops talking for a few seconds then starts talking again the amp won't start playing the sound for a few seconds so you miss the first part of what they are saying and this also holds true for music playback. There is a bad delay and when hooked up to my PC I can't hear the windows start up theme the delay is that bad. I have had it with these cheap systems and will now build my own system. I actually have a pile of speakers and amps now that don't work and all basically new. How they can still keep selling these exact same units with the thousands of failures being reported. I see my same Logitech systems that failed still for sale but instead of 200+ dollars each, they are now 49 dollars and no warrantees or guarantees of any kind. Just amazing. And they cover the printed circuit boards with epoxy of some kind so you can't check or replace any parts and no replacement boards for sale anywhere. So if it breaks and no exchanges you screwed. I see in allot of reviews that people have returned these units many many times and all the replacements do the same things. Just amazing. Again, DO NOT BUY THIS UNIT, you will regret it guaranteed.
on April 2, 2015
I don't use the HDMI on the unit. I didn't want to turn on the amp every time I simply wanted to watch my TV without surround sound. Therefore I simply hooked the amp to my digital audio output. Simpler and it works.
I don't like the customer interface. This unit seems designed by space aliens contemptuous of the human race. The learning curve is steep. If you loose the remote this system becomes nearly useless.
Then there is the sound. I am used to Sansui, Kenwood, and Voice of Music. I am used to listening to music with close harmonies and being able to tell the instruments apart. I am used to being able to hear musicians breath as they play their instruments. - You get that with this unit! It is glorious at times.
During the writing of this review, I was startled by a voice suddenly appearing beside me. It was the surround sound.
Cool!
on March 12, 2016
Worst system I've ever purchased. I've owned this unit for almost 1 year. I expected quality when I bought RCA. Goes to show one can no longer trust name brands as they are all apparently made with cheap parts in foreign countries. I have had same problems as most other reviewers on here. Sound always cuts off and I have to power down and turn it back on to get it to work. Horrible system.
on June 2, 2014
Going back to Walmart after 2 days of use. Sound and video cut out intermittently. Unit has switched audio formats and sticks on lesser quality. I will not be purchasing RCA again based on the poor quality of this product. Read the other problematic reviews and trust them before purchasing ... This was a huge mistake!