5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes For Zumba
Published 22 months ago by Tonya

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs more cushioning..
I wanted to like this shoe. I am trying to find a good crosstrainer. this one fits fine, but doesn't have enough cushioning on the ball of the foot for me. Most of the new shoes seem to be this way. Would probably be fine for a younger person, but as one ages, the natural foot padding thins.
Published 20 months ago by lilymadonna

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes For Zumba, February 28, 2013
I purchased these shoes after my Zumba instructor suggested I get shoes specifically for Zumba. Get the right shoe for the right activity, she said. I had told her how my knees had been hurting and that is why I didn't do some of the higher impact moves, and she said the right shoes should help. I was a bit skeptical, and almost didn't get these shoes especially because of the price point, but I am so glad I did. I wear 6 1/2 or 7, and have a fairly wide foot in the toe box area, but not so much in my heel, which ironically is how these shoes are designed, for a women's foot, Made "For Women, By Women", and the size 7 fit me perfectly. First thing I noticed is how lightweight, yet at the same time still very supportive, and surprisingly stable feeling they were. The real test was at my next Zumba class, and they passed with flying colors!!!! My skepticism quickly disappeared when I was doing the high impact moves that I wouldn't even attempt before because of knee pain. I did a whole one hour class with no knee pain at all and worked out much harder than ever before since I was pain free. The lightweightedness of the shoe helped make kicks, and jumps much easier. And the spin spot on the bottom of the shoe made turns much smoother as well. As a result I am getting a much more intense workout, and becoming better at: "Zumba-ing"! I would also like to mention Amazon delivered before the projected delivery date, which was an awesome surprise to receive them so quick. Kudos to Ryka for making such a great shoe! This was my first experience with Ryka shoes and I will try some of their other shoes as well in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ryka Influence, February 19, 2013
I'm a Jazzercise instructor so I needed good support for high impact dance aerobic exercise. These shoes are very light weight, but have good arch support and lateral support. So far, I have been very pleased with their performance. They fit true to size. I wear a size 8 medium and the 8 in these shoes fit me just right. Love my Ryka's!

4.0 out of 5 stars Runs true to size, great for occasional Zumba, May 19, 2013
This review is from: RYKA Women's Influence Cross Training Shoe (Apparel)
I try to go the gym as much as I can and am very picky about matching my shoes to my activity. I've got Skechers GoRun/Rides that I love for most gym activity, but they simply didn't work for Zumba because I stuck to the floor. In my searching, I found Ryka's.
Pros for this particular Ryka shoe:
It fits true to size. I normally wear a 9 and I needed a 9 in these.
The front toe bed is wider than other shoes (yay!) giving my toes plenty of room.
The heel is narrow enough to not slip off, but it's not constricting.
LOTS of lateral movement support, another area in which my other shoes failed.
The pivot point. I love the pivot point. Now I'm not 2 steps behind whenever we have to turn because I'm not longer stuck to the floor.
Great on the artifical wood floor at the gym, but not too slippery.
Cons:
They sit just a little higher up on the front of my foot than I'm used to because most of my shoes are low-profile, but not enough to bother me. I just wear them laced down one row from the top.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for high impact, September 16, 2013
After a long, hard on my feet search for the perfect shoe for high intensity workouts, I decided to go with the Ryka brand. I noticed when I searched on here that there were tons of options with minimal description. I didn't know which to choose. So I went on the Ryka site and discovered that each shoe is designed for different purposes. The influence, was recommended for high impact workouts so I decided on it. I came back here to compare prices and it is cheaper on here. I placed my order. They came really fast. I do recommend you listen to other reviews and order a half size larger than you normally need. Anyhow.... first workout I was blown away. I do turbo fire at home on carpet. I had no trouble with pivoting or turning! That's been difficult since I started! Then I noticed that by the end I had no foot pain at all. Usually I was forced to workout barefoot or rake my shoes off halfway through! I def recommend these if you need a shoe for high impact/ intensity workouts! They offer adequate cushioning in all the right places and have excellent lateral support!

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs more cushioning.., April 21, 2013
lilymadonna (Bremerton, WA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Really comfortable and very lightweight, June 24, 2013
This model has a wide toe box and would be perfect for people with bunions. I've used them for Zumba, weight classes and walking. I haven't bought new workout shoes in a while, so was pleasantly surprised by how little they weighed. After reading the other reviews, I ordered 1/2 size up. They fit perfectly. Will definitely order another pair before they discontinue this model.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, August 3, 2013
I've only worn them once (to Zumba) and they were very comfortable.
They seemed supportive and my toes had enough room.

1.0 out of 5 stars Small toe box, September 3, 2013
I have owned other Ryka and this one fits different.If you have any toe box issues, it is not for you.
Signed,
Stuck with a pair of cute Ryka's

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine..so far, March 29, 2013
I received these about 3 weeks ago. I had started taking a Zumba class and the other athletic shoes I own had too much "grip". It was causing my knees to hurt with all the turning, etc. These shoes have a turn point on the ball of the foot which really helps. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is that I'm waiting to see how they hold up after extended use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible for Zumba., December 13, 2013
I have worn jazz sneakers for Zumba for several years and love them but they wore out. I decided from the great reviews to try these. They are terrible. No support in the balls of my feet at all. I was in pain after only 20 minutes of class. I put walk fit inserts in them to try to improve them but they are still terrible. I'm going back to jazz sneakers. Do not buy these if you do Zumba with any intensity at all. My purchase was a total waste of money.

RYKA Women's Influence Cross Training Shoe