5.0 out of 5 stars A valuable resouce for veterinarians and rabbit lovers !
Published on June 2, 2011 by Judy Seymour

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a big fan
I wasn't crazy about this book. It was too confusing and not average bunny owner friendly. I would have liked to see more recommended diet ideas for the different scenarios - like a diet for senior bunnies, a diet for baby rabbits, etc. It seems like it was just written by a writer who owns a bunny or two but doesn't have a lot of experience with many rabbits.
Published on May 16, 2012 by J. Rebmann

5.0 out of 5 stars A valuable resouce for veterinarians and rabbit lovers !, June 2, 2011
This review is from: Rabbit Nutrition and Nutritional Healing (Paperback)
This book is full of essential information about rabbits and their unique digestive systems. It describes their digestive systems, talks about the best food for them and most importantly it talks about what is in the food--carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, to name a few. In my opinion it should be in every veterinarians' office and used by all of us who love and live with rabbits. Lucile Moore also lists all of her sources of information. One of the most unique features of the book are the wonderful illustrations by Evonne Vey of rabbits in their many activities--I smiled each time I looked at them. All-in-all this book is a must have for rabbit owners !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, June 16, 2011
This review is from: Rabbit Nutrition and Nutritional Healing (Paperback)
Rave reviews on Lucile Moore's new book! I have had pet house rabbits for over 20 years and have learned many new things from this publication. The illustrations of Evonne Vey are a delight and a pleasurable asset to the book. I would highly recommend this book to both new and seasoned rabbit owners, as well as the professionals who care for them.

Karen Izykowski

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for bunny owners, May 22, 2011
This review is from: Rabbit Nutrition and Nutritional Healing (Paperback)
This book is long overdue in the world of rabbit nutrition. Share with your vet so he may tell others which in turn will help help them gain knowledge from the well written and researched book. The drawings by Evonne Vey are to enjoy just browsing through the book, wonderful artwork.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull book on bunny care., May 20, 2011
Brad J. Martell (Highett, Victoria ,AUSTRALIA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rabbit Nutrition and Nutritional Healing (Paperback)
I was delighted to discover this magnificent book on caring for your pet rabbit.This book is full of helpfull information and also has some beautiful artwork by Evonne Vey.If you really care about your pet bunny ,I would urge you to seriously consider purchasing this very informative publication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Time Coming!, July 14, 2011
This review is from: Rabbit Nutrition and Nutritional Healing (Paperback)
I am a long time bunny owner and have often wondered why some rabbits can eat some things and be fine, and other rabbits cannot. Rabbits are all the same physiologically inside and in their digestive systems. Why would some of my buns be ok on greens, but not others? Why would some prefer pellets to greens? or fruits? Why did some prefer orchard grass to timothy hay? or dandelion weeds I pulled from my yard (pesticide free of course) to store bought? Why would a Flemish giant not do well on only a 1/4 cup of pellets a day per general House Rabbit feeding guidelines? But smaller rabbits were fine on those same guidelines? Why can not all rabbits have the same protein levels in their pellets? What do you have growing in your yard that you can feed your buns? How important is diet and why can all buns not live on hay and pellets alone and some can?

Well, this book explains it all. I found it fascinating, informative, enlightening and very well written. I am not much into science and the nitty gritty details, but I couldn't put this book down. It was great! Everything I ever wanted to know about feeding my many rabbits, from the big ones to the little ones and in between.

I originally bought this book on the recommendation of one of my friends, who the author requested write a blurb in there about feeding. Boy!!! Did I learn ever so much, even if it wasn't recommended to me, I would have gotten it. It was a long time coming, and I am sure the author will take some heat from rescue groups and breeders alike, but if you read it, it makes sense and answers so many questions! No matter what side of the bunny you are on!

If you have a bunny, and want to feed it right, in the broader, big picture way, not by guidelines for ALL rabbits, but by the individual bunnies needs, not based on breed or geography, buy this book!!! It is great and the author should be commended, as well as the people who contributed to the book. All deserve commendations!!!

Thank you to all the contributors and the author, Lucille. This book is a must have.

4.0 out of 5 stars rabbit nutrition, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Rabbit Nutrition and Nutritional Healing (Paperback)
This book added to my knowledge of rabbit nutrition. I would have liked a little more information about what to do when adjusting the diet. Even when the core of the book is that there are no hard-and-fast rules, there can be a starting place suggested.

I especially appreciated the discussion of pellets. Too many people have gotten the impression that pellets are practically poison, when they in fact are a near necessity for good health. Just because they can be overdone & lead to obesity is no reason to omit them entirely. It seems as though some people think they are worse than artificially colored & flavored treats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on rabbit nutrition, February 12, 2012
This review is from: Rabbit Nutrition and Nutritional Healing (Paperback)
It's high time there's a book like this on rabbit nutrition for the lay
person. This is just what I've been looking for! Many books are
either too technical or don't go into enough depth. Lucile Moore really
makes nutrition understandable. For the first time I understand what
carbohydrates and fiber are, and about the necessity of fat in rabbit
diets. She emphasizes there is no ideal diet but that different rabbits
have different nutritional requirements depending upon their age,
breed, and health. My rabbits will benefit from the knowledge I
have gained from this book. And in addition, the illustrations by
Evonne Vey are fabulous. I would suggest that every rabbit owner
get a copy of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bunderful Book for Everyone Who Shares a Home with a Rabbit!, June 3, 2012
Animal Author (Elizaville, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rabbit Nutrition and Nutritional Healing (Paperback)
How thrilled I was to receive this book for my natal day! As someone who shares her home with house rabbits, and who rescues and fosters rabbits for the House Rabbit Society, I am always searching for resources that will augment my rabbits' lives. Lucile Moore has written an invaluable guide to rabbit nutrition that obviously was extensively researched, yet very user friendly. Every time I pick up the book, I am learning new information, such as how to grow wheatgrass for your rabbit. I also appreciated the personal touches throughout the book, with other rabbit people offering dietary advice. And the artwork by talented illustrator Evonne Vey (my favorite is the Garden Patch rabbit menu) make this book attractive as well as informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rabbit Nutrition, December 31, 2012
Elizabeth Ayala (San Mateo, California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rabbit Nutrition and Nutritional Healing (Paperback)
Its a much needed book on the subject. Rabbits are very complex and this is one book that every rabbit caregiver should have on the shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Homesteader who is OFF the pellets, December 23, 2012
This review is from: Rabbit Nutrition and Nutritional Healing (Paperback)
We show rarebreed rabbits and this book is a great reference to help get the nutrition right.
Feeding a locally sourced diet is much more sustainable and earth friendly.
I highly recommend this book to all my rabbit friends!

Rabbit Nutrition and Nutritional Healing
Rabbit Nutrition and Nutritional Healing by Lucile Moore (Paperback - April 25, 2011)
Used & New from: $50.00