Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on February 26, 2012
Based on other reviews I bought this to complement the Elago M2 Stand that I use at home or the office. I wanted something that packed easily with the phone, if possible, but wasn't a flimsy 'sort of works' solution at cafes, restaurants, or hotel. The tiny folding Elago portable stand I tried out just requires too much care to set a smartphone on in landscape fashion; it makes a nice key fob, though.

This design, "by J. Y. Kim," is superb. It packs up flat, takes up no more room than the phone's profile, comes with a storage bag. Assembled, it's stable and easy to just put a phone onto and look at. Great angle for video chatting (portrait or landscape) using the front-facing camera of my HTC Android phone. My phone's charging port isn't centered on the bottom like Apple's phones, so during my video I demonstrate with a 160GB iPod Classic. (Ignore my flub, this stand won't work with an iPad, I mean "iPod.")

Another review mentioned the back piece's rubber strip coming unglued over time. I think I have an answer to keep that strip from coming loose. See my video for a demonstration. [REMOVED. SEE BELOW]

One note, this stand's "support arms" don't have a hook like the Elago M2, so your phone isn't "locked into" it. The mobile device simply sits on it. If you don't stab at the screen too hard, or jostle the table too much, the whole thing is pretty stable.

If this video review was helpful, please click the "Yes" button, as well as those for other reviews you see here. Thanks!

UPDATE:

The little rubber strip on the backstop has started peeling up in a couple spots, though I've been careful with the stand and store it in covers. The strip re-sticks when I apply pressure.
33 comments295 of 296 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2011
I wanted a charging dock/stand, but couldn't find one that was flexible enough to fit the iPhone 4s with a case. I decided to purchase this stand and use my own charging cable with it. This works great. The bottom support for the phone is open like a prong allowing you to feed your connector to the phone with or without case. There are rubber pads on the portions in contact with the bottom of the phone and with the surface where you place the stand. This minimizes slippage.

The stand assembles/disassembles easily and includes a plastic pouch for travel. When in pouch, the two piece stand is flat. The two pieces fit within each other.

The overall quality of the stand material is great and the design of it is clever, efficient and met my needs.
0Comment33 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2012
I have a really large smart phone - a Samsung Galaxy S2. I find that this holder is great for holding my phone sideways as long as nobody touches it. But as soon as you touch it, the whole things tips over. I am also completely unable to put the phone on the stand in portrait mode - it immediately falls over. When it tips over, it always comes apart. I would return it but I no longer have all the packaging.

What is very nice, and isn't really shown in the pictures, is that the holder breaks down into 2 pieces that fit into each other like a puzzle and it can be stored flat in a handy zippered pouch which comes included. VERY good for traveling in that way. But the stand just doesn't have enough heft to it to actually USE the phone while its on the stand.

If you had a smaller phone it might work better but overall this stand is a better idea than it is a reality.
44 comments26 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2012
I gave this stand 3 stars, as opposed to 4 or 5, due to the issues when using w/ the new iPhone 5.

Basically, when using the iPhone 5 in portrait mode (up and down as opposed to landscape), you are unable to use the headphone jack on the bottom of the phone. You CAN offset the device to the side to access the jack, but this makes the stand unstable.

Works well for iPhone 4S though.
22 comments12 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2011
Unlike many stands that are designed for a "naked' or thinly skinned phones, the Rabbit Mini Portable Stand handles my 'Droid Charge in an Otterbox just fine, portrait or landscape. At barely 3mm thick it fits in a pocket easily as well.
on December 28, 2011
This is a very basic stand made with two pieces of hard plastic which will store together as a flat piece. I use it when traveling to prop up my iPod to use as an alarm clock while charging. And, of course, you must provide your own charging cable. It works in both landscape mode or portrait (with opening at bottom for cable connector at bottom of iPod/iPhone). It's sturdy; however, if the stand is knocked about, it will fall over. Nothing fancy, but it suits my purposes and comes in handy when traveling.
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2013
The stand lived up to its advertised function, but I found the stand unstable and the two pieces interface by staying together only when the stand is upright and gravity is pulling them into eachother.Thus, when the stand tipped over, which would occur at the lightest touch - the stand would collapse. Additionally, there is not enough clearance beneath the phone for the iPhone5 Apple brand USB cable to plug into the phone. So I had to bend the cable slightly.
on May 21, 2012
This has a really nice design and is sturdy. The only issue I have is that I can't plug in the charger for my Galaxy Nexus while it is on the stand. I bought this for work so I could see my phone and charge it during the day.
on December 9, 2012
The stand does its job. I only wish somehow the two pieces would click together in the stand configuration like leggo so that it feels more solid, vs fitting loosely together and feeling flimsy.
on May 1, 2013
This stand works great for my iPhone 5. I'm going to get a few for my kids too for this price. Perfect for my travels and to bring to office. Folds easily flat. Better to put phone horizontal if you want to plug both sync cable and headphones in. Yes, Apple put the headphone insert on bottom now that differs from iPhone 4. I did get this rabbit stand to straighten up with both plugged in, but probably safer to go horizontal if inserting both sync and headphones.