Great book for all 1st year Pyschology students who should do their inner work on Class, Race, and Stratification in the USA/Global issues on transference, counter-transference etc. based on our individual biases (Covert/overt) towards our clients as well as daily "Stereotype Threat" issues that are pervasive in all societies.

All providers/folks in...
Published 19 months ago by A. Chartrand

3.0 out of 5 stars a book with historical facts
this book covers all the necessary needs for a person to have counseling training to understand people from all different ethnicity background.
Published on June 6, 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for all 1st year Pyschology students who should do their inner work on Class, Race, and Stratification in the USA/Glo, February 2, 2013

All providers/folks in general have their persona stories and upbringings that need to be explored deeply and accessed on a deeper level before engaging in the practice of healing and supporting others. This book opens one's eyes so they can being their work in understanding how their perceptions and unconscious issues have played a large part in their daily opportunities or lack their of depending on status, class, and economic opportunities in a stratified society.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reading, February 19, 2004
By A Customer
This book was amazing in its scope and varying perspectives on issues concerning "minority" Americans. Both editors and incredible and I personally am really looking forward to reading Patricia Hill Collins' lastest book, Black Sexual Politics.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book review, April 8, 2009
This book is very interesting...in that it has different articles that point out the social inequalities that we may not see in our society. The articles have different view points that explain what the author is trying to introduce to its readers. I think this book is very interesting and it helps point out some issues in our society that we may not ordinarily see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really (not joking) great book!, December 18, 2010
TeamQuinnHQ (Tucson, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
Text books are really dry and hard to read (for me) but this one was really good and I actually learned a lot. If you have to buy this book, don't freak out it isn't bad - I even kept mine when the course was over :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource for any therapist, December 15, 2009
I needed this book for a course in my MSW program, but found it to be very enlightening, and a great reference source in practice.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Anthology review, April 20, 2007
Amazon Customer (Pensacola, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I'm not a huge fan of the format. It's a compilation of a whole bunch of different articles. Many are interesting, but some just whine on and on. I thought they could have done a better job for the title, but I guess it did encompass all aspects. It was well written, but just an ok book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased Customer, August 29, 2008
I'm amazingly happy with this product. With the insanely high prices of textbooks on college campuses it is nice to be able to save money and also get the textbooks quickly. I'm completely satisfied with this seller.

3.0 out of 5 stars a book with historical facts, June 6, 2001
By A Customer

Race, Class, and Gender: An Anthology
Race, Class, and Gender: An Anthology by Patricia Hill Collins (Paperback - Dec. 1997)
Used & New from: $0.01