5.0 out of 5 stars A SUPERIOR PRODUCT!, January 13, 2011
This review is from: Race Ramps RR-56 56" Race Ramp (Automotive)
These ramps are well designed, appear to be durable, and are a superior product. They are light weight and easy to handle, and have no sharp edges as my former steel ramps had. They store nicely in their original box, and because of their slightly longer gradual slope are easier to drive up on than were my previous more steeply-inclined ramps. I'm extremely pleased. They are a little pricey, but well worth it! I highly recommend them. And for any patriots who may be reading this, they are made in America by American labor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for doing oil changes, March 21, 2011
This review is from: Race Ramps RR-56 56" Race Ramp (Automotive)
I bought these ramps to raise my car for oil changes. These ramps are great and do not slide on my smooth concrete garage floor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ramps, April 9, 2012
Theynine (Northeast coast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Race Ramps RR-56 56" Race Ramp (Automotive)
After chewing off the paint from the lower lip of my E-36 BMW on my circa 1982 steel ramps I decided to go with a lower profile ramp set.
These ramps are perfect. The angle is so gradual I can easily get the car on the ramps without a spotter, ( and this is with a manual tranny).
At no time did I feel I was going to fly off the front of the ramps like I used to with the old steel ones. Once in the air it was a piece of cake to change the oil on my car. The ramps are made out of some type of foam plastic stuff, but very sturdy. My car didnt sink or leave a treadprint on the ramps once I backed down. Quality goods!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a Corvette, January 17, 2012
This review is from: Race Ramps RR-56 56" Race Ramp (Automotive)
These ramps work well on my 99 C5 Corvette, clearing the front air spoiler. Product came quickly and a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but worth it. No direct market competitors., December 4, 2013
This review is from: Race Ramps RR-56 56" Race Ramp (Automotive)
I have memories of my father struggling to get his car up on the basic old steel ramps from a few decades ago, and most distinctly did not want to deal with that scenario now. Finally got time and weather to use these, and am very impressed. Until recently I owned a Wrangler, and it was easy to do most work on the ground, jacking it up and placing on stands was easy. Smaller sports cars, not so much. I went with the long ramps based on the fitment guide on the product page, and I definitely did not scrap or drag, and they held place perfectly on a smooth garage floor. Not sure if I could've gotten away with shorter ones as there's a serious lip from the garage floor to the driveway, but the minor difference won't affect the only concern: Storage. They're well longer (eh, "taller") in person than you'd expect. For the brief period I had my car up (oil change, trimming some underbody plastic to better accommodate a skid plate I installed) no impressions were made on the top surface. I do wish they were an inch or two higher, however.

To echo what one other reviewer said: If you don't have a spotter, make sure you're lined up; get out and check. Measure center to center on your tires ahead of time, check that measurement at the entry and top of ramps so they're not A'd or V'd out or in. And, have a handheld mirror with you so you can make sure you're staying straight and know what it feels like when you hit the forward stop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable !!!, July 26, 2014
This review is from: Race Ramps RR-56 56" Race Ramp (Automotive)
I am 70 years old and I can no longer afford to pay dealers to do work on my commercial size zero turn lawn mower. I looked at ramps for over a month there was no way I was going to spend $200 on a set of ramps. I even thought of making my own out of 2 x 12's. safety is always a concern especially at my age so I bit the bullet and spent the money on the set of ramps. I am so glad I did I love them. They are so easy to use that I now even change the oil on my SUV which I haven't done in years. These things will pay for themselves. So spend the money you won't be disappointed you will definitely get what you pay for. Just let me add this is the first product review I have ever done and I am doing it for people who like me who were hesitant to spend the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Race Ramps RR-56 did the job, July 7, 2011
This review is from: Race Ramps RR-56 56" Race Ramp (Automotive)
Needed a new set of ramps for oil changes on an Audi S5, old ramps were too steep and would not clear the underside of the bumper. Could have probably used the 40 inch ramps but if I lowered the S5 in the future those may not work. Was not sure how well these would hold up as the S5 is not a light vehicle, almost 4000 lbs with a V8 and the extra weight of AWD up front. Each ramp is rated to 1500 lbs (3000 lbs total) and held up well while in use for the oil change. There is some tire impression on the ramps but that was to be expected. What is truly impressive is these things are light, but can take the weight. Would have given 5 stars except for the cost, these are not cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a lower car or truck, these are a must have!!!!, October 17, 2013
This review is from: Race Ramps RR-56 56" Race Ramp (Automotive)
Both my 2009 Toyota Camry SE and my 2006 Toyota Matrix are stock. They both require a ramp that has a long approach to not make contact with the bottom of the front bumper. After a LOT of research, I found these. I was "if'y" at first because of the price and that they were made out of some sort of space age foam. But I will tell you this, I should have bought these along time ago. They are solid all the way through, they are lightweight, they DO NOT slide on the floor when you drive your car onto them, the foam is hard as a rock, they are extremely wide (so you don't have to worry about falling off the edges). So, if you have the money, buy these, I promise you will not regret it. FYI, they work great on my full sized truck as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING Ramps!!, December 15, 2013
This review is from: Race Ramps RR-56 56" Race Ramp (Automotive)
HOLY CRAP I love these things!!! Gives me PLENTY of clearance under my lowered 2008 Mustang. Super light (my 16 year old daughter can lift both over her head). Definitely recommend these for basic care maintenance (i.e. oil changes, etc.) They are long so getting under the side of the car once it is up won't work, but they do sell a 2 piece one where you can remove the extension once you get it up on the platform. They cost a little bit more, but I'm sure well worth it if you do that kind of car work. They DO NOT slide at all and my garage has a smooth painted floor.

HIGHLY recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, July 12, 2011
This review is from: Race Ramps RR-56 56" Race Ramp (Automotive)
I considered just about every other alternative to this product and couldn't beat it. It's extremely light weight. Very durable...it holds my full size sedan.

The ramp is perfect for easy up and down. The stops on the end are extremely valuable and not found in other products.

They come with a nice handle on the end for easy transport. They are extremely lightweight and easy to move around.

Beats the aluminum ramps any day of the week!

It will hold a full size sedan and lower.

Very happy with my purchase!

Race Ramps RR-56 56" Race Ramp