5.0 out of 5 stars This should be a part of every cook's arsenal
Published on December 6, 2010 by Timothy B. Riley

3.0 out of 5 stars Works Great But......
Ok, I love it. It Feels really great in you hand. It has a nice weight to it. My only complaint is that I noticed today that after washing it and leaving it in the dish drainer overnight It started to rust. It was only a few spots that I was able to get off but none the less I would have expected this item to be stainless steel and not rust.
Published 15 months ago by s.lewter

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be a part of every cook's arsenal, December 6, 2010
Every now and then I run across a simple little tool that I knew about but never owned. I always used the side of my chefs knife to transfer chopped, diced or minced food to the pan or bowl. I thought that a scoop or shovel was not necessary and was better suited for amateurs. Then I was cooking at a friend's house and saw him using this exact tool. I was shocked to see how quickly he picked up every bit of the chopped rosemary that was on his cutting board. As soon as I got home I purchased Rachael Ray's Bench Scrape/Shovel and I am glad that I did.

I am always surprised by just how much food fits in this thing. In addition to using it as I shovel, I also use it to clean my cutting board, especially when I have been rolling dough on it. I also can divide dough with the knife edge of the scrape. I like it so much I will be using it as a hostess gift when I am invited to someone's house. It would also be an appropriate gift for a young cook. Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, September 14, 2010
This product is hard to find in stores so you can't really look at it before buying it, but I recommend you purchase it anyway. You're probably comparing this to a normal pastry scraper (which might be cheaper), but this is better for the following reasons:
1. More surface area, many pastry scrapers are like 4x6 inches, while this is roughly 6x6.
2. The rubber grip on the handle is pretty unique and definitely a big plus.
3. Some handles on pastry scrapers are round and won't lie flat on the bench.

It's an all-around solid, sturdy product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works Great But......, September 23, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this handy little gadget!, July 19, 2010
I owned the Pampered Chef's scraper first and hated it. Don't get me wrong I love Pampered Chef and am a true fan of 99% of their products. It's just that their scraper is junk. I needed something that actually did the job and Rachael Ray's scrape shovel WORKS! It's a nice size, with a great handle to hold, and its dishwasher safe! You scoop your goodies up and transfer them into your pan or pot...simple as that. It is not meant to chop and the people who gave it bad reviews should have read the description better. It's a shovel for scooping not a knife for chopping! I love mine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kitchen tool, February 23, 2009
I love this bench scraper. It's large -- 5 x 6 inches, including the handle -- so some people might find it awkward. But I like that you can scoop up everything in one shot. The handle is comfortable, but what I like most is that the sides have an edge sloping down from the handle, so chopped food doesn't fall off when you scrape it up off your cutting board. The shipping charge was outrageous -- as much as the item itself -- so I tried to find it locally (Kohl's carries Rachel Ray items) but couldn't. I got it for a Christmas present so I try not to think about the shipping rip-off.

4.0 out of 5 stars bench scrape shovel is great, August 4, 2010
really like this product so far...edge is kind of sharp, so watch out. holds a lot of chopped items in one scoop. great thing to have if you cook with a lot of cut veggies!

5.0 out of 5 stars A handy kitchen tool to own!, January 3, 2011
I own the Pampered Chef handy scraper & don't like it at all. I decided to ask for the Rachel Ray scraper for Christmas. What a difference! I have used the new scaper more in the last week than I used the Pampered Chef item in years! The sides on it are very helpful at keeping items on the scaper. It also has a nice, sharp edge that cleans off my cutting board very nicely as well as cutting through soft foods with ease. I highly recommend this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rachael Ray Bench Scrape Shovel, December 8, 2009
The bench scrape is such a handy tool for the kitchen. I love it and use it whenever I can. The scrape is heavier than I thought it was, which is a plus,because it feels very expensive when you hold it in your hand. I am so glad I don't have to try to pick up my chopped food, or try to scrape it off the cutting board and miss the pan. I love Rachael Ray products and shopping at Amazon.com.
Karen Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Bench Scrape shovel, January 17, 2011
I purchased this item as a Christmas gift to accompany the 3 Qt. stoneware Bubble & Brown oval. My sister-in-law said that this tool is invaluable when dicing or chopping and transfering to a pot or pan, and she loves it. Inexpensive but extrememly useful tool for anyone who chops fruits, vegetables, nuts and more during food preparation. It saves getting "stuff" all around the pan instead of inside it when transfering from a cutting board.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool in the kitchen!, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Rachael Ray Tools and Gadgets Bench Scrape Shovel, Purple (Kitchen)
I love this handy tool when making soups or pasta sauce. I used to just use a knife to transfer diced food to the pot, but feel this is safer and it's surface can hold a lot. My only con is that it is really best used with large pots because the surface of the tool is so wide. If I use it with a smaller pot I usually spill some onto the stove trying to get it in the pot.

Rachael Ray Tools and Gadgets Bench Scrape Shovel, Purple