5.0 out of 5 stars awesome product
Published on March 7, 2011 by justmyopinion

3.0 out of 5 stars Follow care instructions
Published on October 11, 2011 by A. Clark

3.0 out of 5 stars Follow care instructions, October 11, 2011
This review is from: Furi Rachael Ray Gusto-Grip Basics 10-Piece Block Set (Kitchen)
Knifes cut well, look great on the kitchen counter but follow care instructions or you will have an ugly looking set of knives. I advised the family to wash knifes in the sink only and dry with a kitchen towel. They should not be placed in the dishwaher. My son did the first part but neglected to dry off the knife. The next morning, the water left on the knife became rust spots. Since they are farely inexpensive, I do not want to return the whole set but will see if I can replace, now 2, of the knives that have rust spots on them. I do like that the back of the package list all the knives and what you use them for in the kitchen, slicing, dicing, trimming meat, etc. I cut that out and have it by the knives so I can use them for their intended purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome product, March 7, 2011
The knives are extremely sharp. They cut almost effortlessly, and the material and shape of the handles are really comfortable-and don't slip. Seriously, even if your hands are wet, it's still very easy to keep control of the knife. They brighten up my kitchen, but I do wish there was a more neutral color option, like black or white handles. I think this set is perfect because instead of all the steak knives most sets come with, this one comes with 4 paring knives. This makes more sense for my household because we are constantly using the paring knives, but hardly ever use steak knives. With our old set, we were using the steak knives in place of paring knives because there was just one paring knife. This is a perfect combo of the most useful knives. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp!, December 29, 2010
Bought these as a Christmas gift for mom. She loved them. They are a variety of different cutting blades and they are very sharp. Wood block is sturdy and looks great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with the set, October 12, 2011
This a fabulous little knife set. I don't have a lot of counter space, so I love the slim, economical design of the block. It comes with everything I needed for my kitchen: chef's knife, Santoku, bread knife, 4 steak knives, pearing knife, and a surprisingly nice pair of kitchen shears. They arrived pretty sharp, and have stayed as such for a few months. They're not "scary sharp", and my Global chef's knife obviously is much higher quality than these, but one of their knives costs as much as this whole set. For a beginner/intermediate chef with a limited budget, these knives will definitely do everything you need them to.

2.0 out of 5 stars RUST!!!, June 19, 2012
These knives are beautiful. They have a sturdy feel to them and are extremely sharp. BUT after only 4 weeks they are already starting to rust. I am caring for them as instructed (not putting them in the dishwasher) but they don't seem like they'll last long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd Known, June 21, 2012
I like the knives in this set. I ordered it because it did not come with steak knives as most knife sets do. Instead, it has several paring knives, which I use constantly.
What I did not know was that the knife holder is horizontal, instead of vertical like my old set. Therefore it takes up more counter space, and the knives are more difficult to take out and put back. The holder is not as solid as my old one and tends to tip more as it does not sit firmly on the counter.
Bottom line: knives good; holder not so good.

3.0 out of 5 stars knives are alright, June 6, 2012
the colors have faded after about a year, and the knives need a lot of sharpening. i wish it came with a knife sharpener in the block...oh well. i also wish the scissors were made a little better. they fall apart very easily and the little orange plastic circle that is supposed to hold the two scissor blades together falls off easily. they also don't cut very well...very tough to work with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these knives!, August 15, 2011
I am so happy with this purchase. I got them practically overnight and they are so cute! I have orange Rachael Ray cookware and maple cabinets, they match perfectly! I love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!, June 28, 2011
This knife set is the best thing I've bought in a while. They are so sharp and light. Shipping was quick and for the price, it was a steal. Rachael Ray did great on these. Love them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Sharp- Great Grip, January 14, 2011
I received this set for Christmas and LOVE them. They are very sharp and the grips are great. Even when my hands are wet, I have great control of the blade. Would reccomend to anyone who is looking for a knife set.

ARRAY(0xa418ae4c)