Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

on April 19, 2009
I like these tongs, and I would recommend them for use on "non slippery things." Since these don't have any grooves or "teeth" (rounded or not) they cannot hold onto things that are wet. IE, meats in marinade, chicken out of tray, flipping of firm fish. If they are remotely wet, you have to have a death grip on the meat, and then you could destroy it (trust me I have).

They are a good tong for flipping things on a baking pan, tossing pasta, or using as a mixing utensil if that happens to be the thing you grab without looking. They are very comfy in the hand as well. I would stick to the metal tongs for meat's though, or another silicone tong that has groves that can hold onto wet things better.
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2010
I bought these because I wanted the sizes of the tongs, and after reading positive reviews. Have given them about a year's try. As some others have found, every time I use either of these, I get pinched! They also do not secure "wet" meats, etc. Oxo works much better. They're pretty, but not worth the money or frustration.
VINE VOICEon June 29, 2008
Very attractive & functional. Well designed & sturdy. A set of two, so they are well priced. Saw in store today-one flimsy thing for $11. These are far superior. It is important that tongs are coated to protect your pots & pans & plates.

Update: Over a year later, they've been used almost daily and been in the dishwasher (very hot) many times. They get a lot of use & still look brand new. I've given these as a gift & they are most welcome. These tongs are an indispensable part of the kitchen arsenal. You will be pleased with this item!
on January 24, 2009
I rated these tongs as just OK because although I like the design of them as far as looks go, I think there is a flaw in their design. By this I mean that if you're not careful, they will pinch your finger where the locking mechanism is located. I also thought that the price was on the high side as compared to OXO's line.
on April 16, 2009
These are the best tongs ever. The have a rubber handle which is easy to hold and makes them slip resisant. They can be locked closed for easy storage. They are heat resistant but I learned the hard way not to use them on the grill. I melted the tip just a little bit.
on December 16, 2013
We use these tongs all the time, for cooking they work very well, but as I'm short they also work well to retrieve a jar/can out of the back of a cupboard. The rubber coating not only doesn't scratch cookware, it works great hanging onto my oatmeal canister or honey jar as I retrieve it from a high shelf! Surprise benefit, nice color. Bought one as a present after having used my set and liking it.
on June 28, 2008
These are a terrific buy! I loved them from the start, and my husband really loves them! He loves his eggs sunny-side up, and they have to be cooked just perfect - I purchased Rachael's Cookware Set and these tongs to use with them. He was able to make his eggs just the way he liked them, using the smaller tong along with her small skillet. He stated that he looked for a "suitable" fork to use but found these and they worked so much better. Trust us, you will not be sorry for this purchase!!
on December 29, 2012
Love the color and the feel in my hands when i use it (soft and nonslip). However, the smaller one broke, the metal hinge on the inside seperated from the handle, i could see where it was welded but i guess it just wasn't strong enough, and i always hand washed them ( i don't use a dishwasher) and did right away because i did not want them to soak. I still use the larger one (until that one too breaks). I love the color blue and like the Rachel Ray design.
on April 1, 2014
Not too impressed with this product him when I took it out of the box and washed it and I accidentally dropped one of them and left a big chip on the tip of the top of the tongs so wasn't too impressed with it so I would not order this again
on July 8, 2013
These are well made and will last unlike some I have bought over time. The only thing that would improve them is to have some edges on the spoon part. It is sometimes hard to hang onto food with the smooth bowl shape. I would buy these again despite that little fault. I like the color on them also. Beats dull drab silver or black when using as a serving tool.