5.0 out of 5 stars i love rachel ray
Published on March 21, 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars These are very cheaply made!
Published on December 30, 2011 by parrott06

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars These are very cheaply made!, December 30, 2011
This review is from: Rachael Ray Porcelain Enamel Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set, Red (Kitchen)
I've owned these a week and have found hand washing makes the enamel rub off. They have even rubbed off on the dish towel when drying. I wouldn't waste my money on these and I'm devestated that these are such poor quality as I spent my Christmas bonus to buy these. Never again will I buy any of Rachael Ray products. The Rachael Ray signature is even rubbed off of the spatula that came with the pots after only a couple times of use. Very dissapointed in this product! She should rethink the company that is manufacturing this product (meyer corp.) extremely poor quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Enamel comes off, May 13, 2013
The product has to be a health hazard, the enamels comes off as you wipe the pot down with paper towel after washing.
I've only used the frying pan a couple of times and the red pan has faded and lost it's shiny red luster. These pan should be recalled!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars i love rachel ray, March 21, 2011
I am not a chef and not the greatest cook, but I purchased these pans becasue I was tired of replacing cheap pans all the time. I love these pans. I have had them for about a month and I use them daily. They still look like brand new. They wash up wonderfully. They fry evenly and they are durable. There is no food or cooking spray cooked onto the handles or outsides of the pans. The handles of the pans and lids stay cool to the touch and the lids and handles are not attached by screws so they won't come loose or fall off. For the price I would say these are a great buy and I would buy them again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice but returned after 45 days, October 4, 2011
The set seemed great at first. The non-stick surface is excellent! We took great care of the set. After a month and a half the red finish is coming off on the dishtowels when drying them. They were returned. Sorry, Rachel will not be buying from your line again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth The Wait, March 27, 2011
I have wanted to purchase Rachael Ray cookware for many years and kept waiting mostly because of the cost. I finally decided it was an investment and I definitely think that it was well worth the wait. The pans are very easy to clean, the food always comes out evenly cooked. It might just be my imagination, but I swear that compared to my old pans the food cooks faster and comes out better. I've cooked chicken, turkey, and pork and everything comes out moist and perfectly cooked. They're heavy but not too heavy to pick up with one hand when transferring the pans to a counter or sink. I love the color and the handles on the lids are great because they have the rubber handle so they're never hot. I don't have a ton of time after a long day to cook and clean. These make cooking and clean up a breeze.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty happy with this cookwear!, February 11, 2012
After using these for more than a month, I am pretty satisfied with the set. The non-stick is phenominal, I don't even have to use butter or spray for eggs! I try to wash them immediately after use, but on a busy morning I let the egg pan sit until lunch, and it still came right off! And the cooking is very even, my pancakes have never been prettier! I do hand wash them, and have not had any issues with either the non-stick or enamel coming off. I'm also very careful with stacking them in the cabinet, keeping the lid upside down on top of the pots and stacking them, as to not scratch the inside. I also love that you can stick the whole pan in the oven for roasting. And I only use plastic or bamboo, never metal as to not scratch the surface!

For the cons: We have an electric stove, and the enamel on the bottom of the pan makes it slide around some. I wish it were corrugated or something on the bottom to give it some traction. Also, Rachael Ray is etched into the rubber on the handles, and even after about a month, I can tell they are getting darker from not being able to clean inside the little nooks and crannies. And I don't like that the handles are attached by two screws on the inside of the pan, gunk gets stuck in there while cooking (although it comes off easily with cleaning, you just have to make sure you dig all around them!). And the handles on big pot are too short. When draining pasta, I actually have to stop for a second because of the steam hurting my hands. I also wish it had a 12" saute pan instead of 10", I find that some of my family dishes just barely fit, and require a lot of stirring to get everything cooked. And the edges of the pots are easily dented everytime I tap the spoon or spatula on the side.

Although I have listed more cons than pros, my complaints are minimal. This is non-stick cookwear that is actually non-stick. It cooks beautifully, and I feel better about my food not having to add so much, if any, butter or oil. Some people have complained about the enamel scratching off or fading, but this doesn't effect the functionality of the cookwear. It might to always be as beautiful as it is when you take it out of the box, but as long as it cooks my food without burning or constantly sticking, I'm very satisfied with this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't ask for a better set of cookware, May 2, 2012
I purchased these several months ago and i have no complaints. My wife and I use these at least 4 times a week and they still look brand new. We were worried that the color would scratch off onto the grill of our gas range, but at this point the bottoms of the pots and pans still look like new. The non-stick has not scratched and works as expected. We have not put them in the dishwasher and that may be why they still look so good. Overall this set has everything we need. We have recommended to many of our friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Cookware Set, October 18, 2012
Although I admire Rachael Ray, her name on this set did not influence my decision to buy it. I did a great deal of research before purchasing it; I weighed the pros and cons and the pros won out. The pros are light weight pans, a non stick surface, silicone handles, glass lids, porcelain enamel exterior and a gorgeous red color and I love the pan sizes in this set. Many sets only include a 1 and 2 quart size, these are 1 1/2 and 3 quart in size. Also, many sets only include a 5 quart Dutch oven and this one is 6 quart. I especially love the chef's sauté pan and use it most often, it is very versatile. The cons are: not dishwasher safe but they do wash up very easily; they are only oven safe to 350 degrees and it is recommended to only use them over medium heat. Just using medium heat and limiting the oven temperature did initially concern me but the lighter weight pans heat up so quickly that it's not necessary to use a higher heat. I love this set and I would recommend it to all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for hard water households!, August 21, 2011
These pans are study and made well, however within a few months the outside color has faded, severely. I live in a hard water area and use LemiShine in the dishwasher which most likely caused the color to be virtually stripped off. Otherwise the pans are functional, they just look old and worn out. I will purchase a stainless steel set next time.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish there were negative stars, November 20, 2011
I love Rachael Ray and watch faithfully. When I redecorated my kitchen I wanted Red cookware. I am so very disappointed. In just 4 months the red has faded to a orangy red color and are now very ugly. I use bamboo cooking utensils and if you tap a spoon or other utensil on the lip edge, it creates a dent. Would not ever recommend this to any one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›