5.0 out of 5 stars This should be a part of every cook's arsenal
Every now and then I run across a simple little tool that I knew about but never owned. I always used the side of my chefs knife to transfer chopped, diced or minced food to the pan or bowl. I thought that a scoop or shovel was not necessary and was better suited for amateurs. Then I was cooking at a friend's house and saw him using this exact tool. I was shocked to...
Published on December 6, 2010 by Timothy B. Riley

3.0 out of 5 stars Works Great But......
Ok, I love it. It Feels really great in you hand. It has a nice weight to it. My only complaint is that I noticed today that after washing it and leaving it in the dish drainer overnight It started to rust. It was only a few spots that I was able to get off but none the less I would have expected this item to be stainless steel and not rust.
Published 10 months ago by s.lewter

‹ Previous | 1 2 348 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars not a great value, August 12, 2011
This review is from: Rachael Ray Tools Bench Scrape Shovel, Orange (Kitchen)
I would expect more from Rachael Ray and for the cost of this product. Cannot put in dishwasher unless you want the glue that holds the colored part of the tool on to come out the sides. Have to hand wash this product. Too costly for the cheapness.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice., December 31, 2010
Bob A (Montana USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rachael Ray Tools Bench Scrape Shovel, Orange (Kitchen)
I bought this as a replacement for a scraper I bought many years ago from "The Galloping Gourmet". This scraper is excellent and performs it's tasks well. Only thing I would like improved is the orange plastic handle be change to the orange sticky silicon rubber used on the Rachael Ray top quality knives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bench Scrape Shovel, March 15, 2014
I dice and chop a lot and this is perfect for that. I hated having to do this manually, and it took me forever. This is fast and so easy........and I love it...........

5.0 out of 5 stars Ruggedly made, very useful kitchen gadget, November 10, 2013
This is exactly the quality that I thought it would be (based on the photo and the other reviews) and for under $8 I think it's a very good buy. I am constantly chopping onions, mushrooms, garlic and before I bought this I did the little dance--trying to push the stuff into the palm of my hand to transfer it to the pan, dropping half of it on the floor (unfortunately onions and mushrooms don't interest the cats), etc. I used to work in a bakery long ago and should have thought of owning this neat little device sooner. It works great and the blue handle is very cheerful (just in case you need cheerful kitchen toys).

My only suggestion is that they make the leading edge sharper and thinner--it's a tiny bit on the thick side and so still takes some work to push small pieces up onto the blade. A sharper blade would also let you chop a bit, too. But those are minor issues.

Nicely made, very affordable--a great gift for a kitchen pal because it is extremely useful and it will last forever. I'd bet willing to be someone who does a lot of crafts work or has a wood shop would invent good uses for this, too.

By the way, I don't have a clue who Rachel Ray is :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, May 18, 2012
Prodreviewer (Colchester, CT, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rachael Ray Tools Bench Scrape Shovel, Orange (Kitchen)
This scraper does the trick when you have a mound of chopped vegetables or whatever to transfer to a pan. There is a lip on both sides so contents don't slide off the edge. It looks high quality too. The only drawback I can see is after I used this a few times I realized there are other brands on the market made with a sharpened edge that functions as a chopper as well as a scraper. Not a big deal, I have plenty of knives. I just like multi-functional items and some of the other scrapers look like they would be fun to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 29, 2012
Very helpful item. I am using it almost everyday. I wish I had purchased this long ago. Minus one star because it's made in China. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver in the kitchen, January 1, 2012
I am a huge foodie and I love cooking. I am a college student and unfortunately, I have an extremely small kitchen. The only space I have to do prep work is on the opposite side of where the stove is, so you can imagine transferring things is a tad annoying. I started researching scrape shovels and I decided on Rachael Rays and I have not been disappointed with this product. I particularly like hers because it has the sloping edges so that food ACTUALLY stays inside the shovel. This design feature was the selling point for me. The shovel is rather large and holds a good amount of food. The handle is comfortable and it is easy to clean. It is also pretty inexpensive. Overall, a five star product that I would reccommend to anyone who does a lot of chopping and transferring of foods.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scoop and run, August 8, 2011
I no longer have to use my knife to scoop and bowl or pan my cuts multiple times. This does it practically in one scoop, cutting my time, in front of the chopping block, in half. So far I have hand washed it and set to dry, I have not noticed any signs of deterioration. If and when I toss it in the dish washer and notice any changes in its integrity, I will update this review otherwise I am satisfied with the Scrape Shovel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow how did we live without this, February 3, 2011
When my wife ordered this I laughed at her for buying something that she would never use. Last night I said I was sorry for doubting her need of the Shovel. My wife uses this just about dailyt to scoop things up from her cutting board. I have used it several times myself getting cookies off of a sheet and it works much better than I have expected. My wife has currently decided to replace her old cooking tools with the Rachel Ray products all in the blue and my first thought is yuck but the blue has grown on me and the kitchen now has a modern look. My only issue is that after several times in the dishwasher the metal has a weird smudge that will not come off. I have already bought Shovel for family members hoping I will get a batch of cookies out of the deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, December 7, 2010
This review is from: Rachael Ray Tools Bench Scrape Shovel, Orange (Kitchen)
I really like this product. I wanted the blue, but it cost more so I bought the orange then about a week later the blue was shown for less than I paid for the orange. That is the only thing I don't like about it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 348 | Next ›