‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars purple reigns!, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Rachael Ray Stoneware 3.5-Quart Covered Square Cassersquare Casserole, Purple (Kitchen)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
i am not a fan of the color purple. but this casserole dish could make me change my position. i have used it quite a bit since i opened it christmas day to bake macaroni and cheese and other casseroles. it keeps heat beautifully and looks really good on a table with other buffet items. not only that, it stores food quite nicely in the refrigerator if you have leftovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, December 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This casserole is perfect! We used it to make several rounds of mac n' cheese, traditional casseroles, and most recently- our Christmas roast. The glaze is wonderfully non-stick and clean up was easy. The biggest job we used this for was the roast- the casserole fit 3 rough chopped stalks of celery, 1 large onion, 6 potatoes, a 3.5 lb pork roast, and several handfuls of baby carrots. The lid fits well and sealed it perfectly, trapping the steam and sealing in flavor. Once the meat was removed, the stonewear retained heat well and went right onto the table (with a pot holder underneath it) and doubled as a serving piece.

While the size and shape can make it a little awkward to store, this is more of a very minor inconvenience than anything else. The weight and heft of the piece mean business, and the unglazed bottom will scratch surfaces if you are not careful and mindful of what you are doing. All in all a great piece and one that I plan to use quite often. In fact, for tonight I'll be using it to roast a chicken. Great piece of cookware and wonderfully handy to have around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love casserole dishes!, December 2, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, first off, I love casserole dishes. This one is cute and stylish and it's a nice size. I also like that it goes well with my Fiestaware dishes. I like colors in the kitchen. It's easy to clean and functional. What's not to love?

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great gift, not for arithritis or elderly due to weight. Cute, unique, design, microwave able , cassarole, baking dish, November 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Thought purple was little weird, but the color grows on you. It is about 4" deep , so I love using it in the microwave for things like cooking jello or oatmeal and grits, wet stuff that needs room to rise. This is a versatile, multiple use stoneware casserole is dishwasher, microwave, freezer and oven safe to 500 degrees F.

The glazed interior is nonporous so foods won't interact. Works great in the oven or microwave.

The inside and outside are easy to clean, but never use steal wool or other scratching type as you can damage the porcelain.

The extra wide handle holes allow you to get a good grip from any angle. This is the best feature as the handles on the sides allow easy portability, which is good since this is a very very heavy pan.

The size of 3.5 quarts is great for baking just about everything, but remember this is heavy so would not reccommend this for elderly or anyone with arthritis

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and functional!, November 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What a great casserole dish! I love the size, shape, and color. I was a little hesitant about the bright purple color, but the shade of purple on the casserole doesn't match the level of vivid purple on the screen - at least on my monitor. The color is more of an eggplant or plum, which I love. This will be gorgeous with a colorful casserole inside!

The shape is unique and very useful. The handles are easy to grip, although I wish the holes were a little larger to accommodate my pot holders better. The lid fits very snugly in the top and is easy to grip.

The dish measures 10 3/4 inches wide at the widest point including the spread of the handles. It's about 5 3/4 inches tall. However, the useable depth of the dish is 3 1/4 inches to the line where the lid sits. The interior is not quite 8 inches square.

Functionally, it's as good as any other stoneware casserole dish out there. The appeal of this dish is the shape, color, and unique handles. It's very attractive and I'll look forward to getting a lot of use out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars not just pretty to look at very functional, October 1, 2012
This was a gift for a relative that loves purple. She loves the color, no suprise, but has found it to be well designed too. She says the handles are easy to grip and the dish is a good size for casseroles or a chicken. She enjoys it and I wish I'd ordered myself one too! I would and probably will purchase this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality stoneware, April 16, 2013
G. Patterson "KnitCrazy" (Boise, ID United States) - See all my reviews
I'm really surprised how heavy and well put together Rachael Ray stoneware is! I now see why it is so pricey! Love the purple!

5.0 out of 5 stars So cool and useful!, March 16, 2013
I love the style and the fact that it has a lid. The handles make it super easy to take out of the oven and transport. It is a nice size and works well for dishes that taste better cooked in a deeper pan...like corn pudding or baked ziti.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Pretty, January 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you're a purple lover, you'll love this. It's also very heavy so if you've got arthritis, as I do, you'll want to be careful when you move it from the oven to the counter.

I have used it primarily on my kitchen counter as a "fruit bowl" and every time I see it it makes me smile. It's really too pretty to store. Having said that, if you have limited storage space, this may not be the piece for you because of it's square dimensions and large bottom.

It goes well with my multi-colored fiestaware dishes which is another plus.

I'm used to cooking with Pyrex or Corningware where I don't have to lift the top to see how something is cooking. If you're a person who favors practicality over artwork when you're cooking, that may be a factor for you. For me, I'm happy to lift the artsy purple lid because every time I do I feel grateful to have such a pretty piece as part of my kitchen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love that purple!, January 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This casserole is easy to lift into and out of the oven. That is not minor issue. Most casseroles have nubs for handles.
Because it is square it fits easily into the frig bottom shelf.
And it cleans up easily.
It looks gorgeous on the shelf. However, you cannot stack it. So unless you have a shelf to show off your pretty pots, this can be a pain to fit into an existing cabinet.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›