Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rachael Ray Teakettles 1-1/2-Quart Whistling, Orange
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 14, 2013
I don't know what this is actually made of, but I doubt it's porcelain. It shouldn't melt of the bottom from contact. And it certainly shouldn't crack and fall off, as happened with ours. Don't buy this product!
review image review image
on October 10, 2012
I bought this kettle a few months ago and it looked great. Very pretty color and shape. But yesterday, the enamel started chipping off. The kettle was used very frequently, but I would have expected it to last a lot longer and 4 months, especially since I have only hand washed it and do not let it boil dry. It's past the return window time, so I think I'm just going to throw it away.
on January 20, 2013
i liked the color, thought it was a good price. we dont make tea all that often, after about 4 months i started noticing that the enamel looked a little cracked - about a month later, it had a huge hole in it. oh well. guess i'll be buying a new tea pot. not replacing this kind.
review image
on May 16, 2011
Cute little tea pot especially for the price. Perfect size for my hubby and I but it doesn't whistle :( I am very sad about this as it was the main reason I chose this "whistling" teakettle over others. Bummer.
on May 8, 2012
I've had many stovetop tea kettles. I've spent lots of money on expensive ones that don't work, for ex. oxo, le creuset, chantal. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with a kettle-dripping, not whistling, steam burns, hot handle, too heavy. This kettle is an amazing little find-cute design, beautiful whistle, quick boil, washes well, pours perfectly. I'm now purchasing it for the 3rd time, 2 were gifts and the recipients are raving. One tip: kettles rust and get gross on the bottom if you let the water sit in them for days on end so I empty it out every time I use it.
on March 3, 2011
This looks great sitting on my all black smoothtop range. The only reason I didn't rate it five stars is because it's kind of small--my old kettle held probably half again as much water. It's easy to fill, though, and has a nice whistle.
on January 21, 2013
I'm really disappointed in this teakettle.

The Good: well, the orange color is nice and really 'pops' in my kitchen.

The Bad: the little spout thing needs to be flipped open by you when you're ready to pour, and sometimes it sticks. Trust me, this is not something you want when your fingers are close to water that's just been boiled.

The Ugly: 1) the handle gets really hot after water has been boiled - like, too hot to hold with your bare hands. I have to wrap a dishtowel around it before I pick it up. This is a huge design flaw, in my opinion. 2) the lid is hard to pull off, as well, and the handle on mine was loose and needed to be tightened with a screwdriver. This was right out of the box.

Overall, I'm sorry I purchased this teakettle.
on March 22, 2013
I purchased this tea kettle in November 2012. When I received it, I absolutely loved it. Orange is one of my favorite colors and this kettle was beautiful. Unfortunately, as many others have pointed out, it wasn't made well. After only a short period of time, the handle became loose, I had to retighten the screw on the round lid, etc. Today, the end piece (where the water is poured out) completely broke off. I have used the tea kettle daily for about five months but have been very careful with it. Because I use it daily, it never leaves my stove; in other words, it hasn't been bumped or thrown around cabinets and what not. I've hand cleaned it (I don't even own a dish washer) and have obviously never had anything other than water in it. A couple of weeks ago, a small piece connected to the spout attachment broke off. The plastic broke and I couldn't reattach it. Today, the rest of the spout attachment broke off. The last tea kettle I had lasted years and years and years. This one only lasted five months. Now, I'm going to shop around for a DIFFERENT tea kettle. Good day everyone!
on November 24, 2012
I ordered this kettle and when it arrived, a large chunk of the orange paint was flaked off and scraped. I assumed this was due to the item being from Amazon Warehouse deals, even though the condition was listed as, "like new." I then decided to forget Amazon Warehouse deals and order from Amazon directly. The second kettle arrived with several large cracks as well, which looked like a little bit of water would cause it to flake, just like the previous kettle. I am trying one last time since most of my cookware/kitchenware is Rachael Ray, I'm hoping to get this matching kettle. If the third try is a bust, I will just forget about it.
on June 8, 2013
Had this kettle for a month now, and it is a great little kettle. In our house, it is mainly used to heat water for a french press, and it works great for that purpose. The whistle is loud and easy to hear from other rooms. The kettle seems to heat evenly, and retains heat well. The construction is sturdy and with high quality materials; empty, it is heavier than my old copper bottom revere ware kettle, even though it is a smaller capacity, which I attribute to the different construction materials. We use the kettle on a ceramic cooktop, so the porcelain exterior is great because it won't damage the ceramic stove. The spout flips open and stays open, which is very helpful. The lid fits securely, and is easy enough to remove for filling. Our kitchen faucet has a high arch of its own, so because the kettle handle also arcs over the top, we have to hold the kettle at a slight angle when filling. Not a big deal and not annoying. If your faucet has a less pronounced arch, you may have an easier time filling. As long as you don't over-fill the kettle (it has a fill line marked on the exterior, and it's common sense -- don't fill so much that there's water in the spout already) then the kettle won't spit. If you enjoy seeing the kettle spit boiling water, by all means, fill beyond capacity and see what happens -- just keep the kids and kitties away or it'll be a blistery lesson learned. ;)