5.0 out of 5 stars Looking and Cooking with Rachael Ray!
I love cookbooks, I must have hundreds and my mother (from whom I inherited my passion for cooking) has thousands. A few of my early purchases were of the "Look and Cook" variety, such as French Country Cookery (Anne Willan's Look & Cook) but I have since moved on to cookbooks that rely on the reader to have mastered the different techniques that are required for each...
Published on November 2, 2010 by Timothy B. Riley

3.0 out of 5 stars There's a lot of stuff!
First off, I must say, I love Rachael Ray. I can't get enough of her! I love her show and I have tons of her utensils, bakeware, and much more! But unfortunetly, there's only one thing wrong with this cookbook, you need tons of ingredients to make anything from this book!

A simple meal in this book takes like 20 different ingredients! Unless you have the time...
Published on April 15, 2012 by Valerie

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars great if you like pictures, September 30, 2011
EddieE (GeecheeLand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rachael Ray's Look + Cook (Paperback)
Plenty of pictures which are of very good quality and the instructions are well written, problem I see is the average cook will not some of the more unusual ingredients called for...fresh Mozzarella, Emmentaler cheese, saffron, Gruyere cheese, certain tomatoes, and certain spices. There are a lot of recipes calling for fresh herbs and unless you have an herb garden these tend to be expensive in the store. Seems some of the recipes would call for a trip to the store for most people before making it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Another one bites the dust...., April 2, 2011
This review is from: Rachael Ray's Look + Cook (Paperback)
I see a lot of good reviews and I have to comment on this book. Everyone seems to go Gaga on a cookbook because it has pictures for all recipes. I grant you that the pictures look great and the instructions are written well on each recipe except for the ingredients which I would have to go out and buy on several several recipes things like fresh Mozzarella(Expensive),Emmentaler cheese?,saffron,Gruyere cheese?,certain tomatoes,some spices listed,and the list goes on. A lot of fresh herbs which you can only hang on to these for so long until they go bad on you which are not cheap in the store. I have a pretty stocked pantry and the normal household would not be able to just make these recipes without going to store to buy a ingredient or 2. So that disappoints me big time. This is the 3rd book of hers I have been disappointed in. I would look at this in a store and read all the ingredients you need before I purchased this book or at least buy it cheap. Another thrown together book for RR.

4.0 out of 5 stars A tad disappointed with the flow of the recipes, February 27, 2011
This review is from: Rachael Ray's Look + Cook (Paperback)
The recipes are good in that they taste delicious once made. However, the recipes themselves could be made into several paragraphs rather than one continuous paragraph. We had difficulty finding our place after completing each step so the food prep and cooking took far longer than it should have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Book!, January 19, 2011
This review is from: Rachael Ray's Look + Cook (Paperback)
I absolutely love this new cookbook! I am always looking for cookbooks with plenty of pictures and this one is perfect. For those who second guess if they are doing all of the steps correctly, this book is amazing, the step by step pictures are wonderful. Rachael Ray has done it right for the average cooks who need more than a confusing recipe. Why can't all cookbooks be this fun?

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my kind of cookbook, January 30, 2011
This review is from: Rachael Ray's Look + Cook (Paperback)
I love Rachael Ray, let me say that first and foremost. I watch her show every chance (the talk show not the HGTV one) I get and subscribe to her magazine. I do not however have a affinity for her cookbooks. Her books just do not have the same kinds of recipes her magazine or even her show usually showcases. This is my second cookbook of her's I ordered (the first one ended up being donated to the library after collecting dust), and I just shipped it back to Amazon. After pouring a couple hours over the recipes I decided there were just a few I would actually make (the tuna burgers and a pasta recipe or two would have made the cut), so it was not worth my while to make room in my ever growing collection of cookbooks to make room for this one. A lot of the recipes are great for the just starting out cook or the chef with very very little time. If you fall into either of those catagories i would quicker recommend the How to Boil Water cookbook or Everyday Food cookbook. Many of the recipes in this book seem like different variations of the exact same thing. The book itself is beautiful, with photos for the majority of the recipes to give you a photo timeline of how the recipe should be going and how it will end up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book, May 24, 2012
This review is from: Rachael Ray's Look + Cook (Paperback)
It helps a lot when you do not know how to cook at all, but it is missing more recipes made with fish, seafood and need more with chicken. Otherwise, I would have given it 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Pictures worth 1,000 words, April 27, 2012
M. Montalti (Long Island. NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rachael Ray's Look + Cook (Paperback)
After seeing Rachael demonstrate a few of these recipes on Dr. Oz, last year, I knew I had to get this cookbook. Initially, I shied away from many of Rachael's cookbooks since several of her recipes call for peppers and spices and my husband prefers more mild flavorings due to his acid reflux. For several years, Rachel Ray: 365 No Repeats was my Go To cookbook for fast and tastey dishes. I did purchase Express Lane Meals on discount at a bookstore, but never really used it. I passed along 2,4,6, 8 Great Meals for Couples or Crowds. So, my observation is that Rachael's cookbooks are hit or miss...but... Look + Cook is a HIT!
First, the photgraphs are perfect, many feature step by step visual cues to go along with the instructions, giving you an idea of how brown your onions should look etc. There are recipes in the back that have no illustrations, but I've never made any of these. As I said before, this is now my Go To Cookbook, (the other is Jamie Oliver's Food revolution), both of these I refer to at least once a week. You should see my copy of Rachael's book, there are all little slips of paper marking the recipes that I now consider part of my repetoire. My family enjoys the variety and I omit or replace a few ingredients here and there. Sometimes, I combine 2 of her recipes to create something hybrid.
Occasionally, some of the ingredients are pricey and perhaps a bit challenging to find, (and I live in a NY suburb), but I will often subsistute or slpurge, depending hot fat my wallet is that week.
Look + Cook not only is a visual feast, it will assist you in creating a gustatory one as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 16, 2011
This review is from: Rachael Ray's Look + Cook (Paperback)
I just started to teach myself how to cook and began by using this book. I'm so glad I did! Creative dishes, easy to follow directions and beautiful pictures! My only negative comment would be that if you are on a low-carb diet this might not be the best cookbook for you because most of the recipes call for some kind of pasta. I hope Rachael comes out with another book like this!

2.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, January 18, 2011
This review is from: Rachael Ray's Look + Cook (Paperback)
I was a little disappointed that some of these recipes were in her other books. I like the pictures and details, but could have used some new ideas too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not A New Idea, November 3, 2010
Avid Reader (Lakeland, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rachael Ray's Look + Cook (Paperback)
She claims the format of her book is her new idea! All I can say is she must have read the Prairie Woman Cooks cookbook as well as others when this book was being planned. I don't want to be slammed but honestly this isn't a new format at all! Some of the recipes are interesting but others seem like she is just slapping things together. Is she running out of ideas? The last part of her book is different but how often are you going to want to go and watch the video. It is like the Bonus Features dvd that you get with the movie. You might want to watch it once but that is it. I have watched her shows since she first started and I wish she would go back to how she was before she was Oprahfied! Her recipes used ingredients that weren't expensive and were readily available. I mean how often do you see Burrata cheese in you local grocery store. I have her other cookbooks but not sure if I will keep this one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

Rachael Ray's Look + Cook
Rachael Ray's Look + Cook by Rachael Ray (Paperback - November 2, 2010)
$24.99 $17.31